Hold E to Jump over fences

Svarog

I suggested beforehand they should make vaulting an entire different key, there's no reason to keep it on the same as an "interact" button, let alone one so close to a movement key. It just causes unneeded headache.

I wouldn't mind if it was Space. It would also help with windows, having the same key to open\vault is annoying as hell, especially when it works like Press E to Open\Close Hold to Vault while pressing it is just for Vault in every other case.

I suggested beforehand they should make vaulting an entire different key, there's no reason to keep it on the same as an "interact" button, let alone one so close to a movement key. It just causes unneeded headache.

Yeah, this. I haven't died from falling off rooves as much as I have from accidentally closing windows instead of crawling through them while running from zombies.

It's what it wants to be, at some fences it's Hold E, at others, it's press E, at windows, it depends on whether there is a window there or if it was broken\removed.

It's about as consistent as most politicians.

I find that most politicians are consistently telling lies.

Can we be less than 'lovely' when talking about politicians?

If no then how about bankers?

But something does need to be done about the E thing. Unless its a game feature that represents spontaneously committing suicide?

I find that most politicians are consistently telling lies.

-snip-

But something does need to be done about the E thing. Unless its a game feature that represents spontaneously committing suicide?

I find they are consistently telling completely different lies, contradicting themselves all the time so it still fits.

Yeah "I wanted to open that door next to the fence but then I decided to kill myself instead."

• 2 months later...

This happened to me last night. I had fortified the northern farm and was building a balcony on the second floor, I had been healing another fracture for the last 1.5 months (which I got from falling through the pitched roof, didnt know that could happen).

I was half asleep and accidentally jumped over the fence next to the sheet rope. I simply lost it. After cooling down a bit I went online to search for a mod/feature that could stop this. Didn't find anything relating to jumping over the fence, but I did find this awesome mod : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14283-cheat-menu-v21/

It's a cheat menu, which I am normally 100% against. But used only for the "heal player" cheat and only for healing fractures which you got through this silly "feature", it becomes acceptable I think. A useful workaround until something better comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

And if we're talking about fences i would like to see a possibility to climb over some big fences too. Mostly non-player built fences because this would be hard to climb over logs but relatively easy to climb over "steel net" kinda fence (don't have a idea how this is called...)

Protip: Until they fix this, barricade your fences. When planning your base, fences are 4 planks not 3 since you'll barricade them.

Also for some reason, there's some difficulty barricading a fence that's' positioned bottom right of your character.

As for the actual suggestion, press E to interact, hold E to jump is as simple as it gets and would fix this entirely.

Not really. Click e - doors etc. Hold e - windows, fences.

For me it should look like this:

Click e - doors

Hold e - windows

Other button (i would suggest space and change pushing in another button, like rigth button of mouse when in "attacking" mode) - fences.