Problems in the heaven (RolePlay)(open to everyone who want to join)

surffaaja1

As Gus steps outside of his house he is thrust into the cacophony that is the moaning of the damned. Feeling his heart pound, he's not sure which is louder. His grip on the signed baseball bat tightens as nervous cold sweat begins to fall down his brow. Looking around him he notices that one walking corpse has seen him and is shambling towards him. The abomination is afflicted with an open ankle fracture and is hopelessly slow but the mere fact its moving with all the bite marks on its-- Her... neck is terrifying to Gus who is paralyzed with a morbid mixture of a fear and curiosity. It reminds him of a girl he knew once... Maybe a younger version of his wife... She was beautiful, once. As the zombie comes closer, Gus takes a deep breath and stares at the empty eyes of his target... whispers "I'm sorry"... and swings.

The creature lets out a ghastly howl-- one not possible to be emulated by a living being for it requires three holes in the neck and 5 days of coagulated blood to cover the vocal chords-- and falls to the ground. Gus feels duty within him. Duty and terror. He begins bashing it's head in, the pressure of the bat in his arthritic hands causing him pain and the sight of the its skull caving securing future nightmares. Gasping for air as his duty is complete, Gus once again looks around and finds that three more creatures have heard the noise. Feeling time slip from his grasp, he runs to the house he saw the child enter, he runs and he doesn't look back as blood drips from his signed baseball bat.

13:55

After checking on Jack and his newly found gun, i realise that the gunfight up north has stoped.

"We have to go, the noise cover in the north is gone and so the dead head will come back here. We have to move quick, later we can talk about what happend here. Let´s move, go, go ,go!"

14:10

The sudden noise of a chopper from the north gave me some relief. Some of the guys up there surivived and it´s more noise up there, but also some bad feeling, since they have a chopper we could have used to get the girl to a doc. "Come on Jack, just a block to go"

Luckily the noise from the chopper gave us the cover to get back without any problem.

14:21

Damn, what happend here. Don´t tell me we lost all here while we went on the trip for the meds to safe the girl.

I´m droping my bags right next to the door and grab my iron, since indoors the short length is more handy.

"Hey Jack. Stay calm, all will be fine. I go first, but get rdy if somethings going wrong and please don´t shoot at all in here."

14:22

Carefully i move step by step to the kitchen, with Jack right on my toes. "Please Jack, stay a bit back, i check,K?"

14:23

Slowy moving to the door and pushing it open bit by bit. Oh no......

I was about to vomit.My daughter was eating someone "oh god..." I started crying "this must be only bad dream. Tho must be only bad dream. I'm just sleeping. I'm just sleeping..." And she noticed us. She was bloody and she had knife in her body just stuck.

14:25

After we saw what´s going on, i pushed back Jack and closed the door. While his daughter started banging at the door i tried to figure out what to do.

"Jack. I know it´s bad and nothing i would consider you to do, but we have to do something. She will lead more dead to us. Please let me finish this for you and then let´s think about finding a new place. the houses near the doc looked nice to settle in, they have a good view aournd the area and a lot of wood behind to fortify as much we need. We also can take your daughter there and give her a grave if you want. But please decide quick or we maybe die to here."

12:27

"Jack it´s not your fault, these things did it to her."

I check the bag pack for a knife and go to the kitchen. One fast push and a quick stab and it´s over.

12:29

"Jack, it´s done. Let´s pack our stuff here and leave.You wanna bury her here or we gonna take her with us to bury later?"

i start to grab my stuff from the trash can and what else i can find here.

What a terrible day, but it just can get better from here.

14:30

I gather my stuff, ready my back pack and the smaller one i take in my hand, the baseball bat in the other.

"OK ready. Make sure she is good wrap in the sheet and drop her asap if we have to fight. I keep your back no matter what, but if we have to run, then leave her.I wont fight for a dead body. Clear?"

Carefull open the front door and checking if something is moving.

Gus runs up to the house, drenched in cold sweat, nauseous with fear and saturated in adrenaline. He goes up the front door and attempts to open but finds that it's locked. Fuck! The window! The window! Gus approaches the broken window and looks back to see if he's been tailed, only to secure that fear as a reality. Three of them, each deader than the last. Gus peeks through the shattered glass. Fuck. THREE MORE. Gripping his bat Gus clears the rest of the glass and climbs in. With one heroic swing, he returns a corpse back to its true afterlife, but the other two in the building take notice and shamble towards him. Taking advantage of his relatively spry limbs, he lures them into the kitchen-- POUNDING. There's more pounding at the door. Gus takes careful aim and knocks another onto the ground, but there's no time to finish it off the next one attempts to grab him and nearly does! Gus pushes the wight to the ground and begins grunting with primal effort as he bashes in its skull. The other by this time has started crawling towards him, but Gus spits on it-- recognizing it to have formerly been who he once considered to be the cause of many of his problems at work, the vice principal. The spit ribbles off it's face as it moans and desperately claws at Gus from the floor, out of reach. In a moment, Gus finds himself to be living a daydream he once had. "You missed a spot." he says sarcastically as he caves in the creature's skull, painting the tile, walls, and cabinets with the dark blood of the dead. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

Gus runs to the shattered window and pulls the curtains, then runs up the stairs-- "Youngin'?! You in here?"

Name: Tony Grill
semblance: black short hair, medium build, fit and strong
Wearing: standard military camo top, trousers, combat boots. carrying standard USMC combat gear/pack and Scar-H assault rifle. various explosives and a few clips of ammo.

extra information: 7 years USMC gunnery-sgt-1st-class. from Fort Knox USMC-Base. (fictif) Specializes in search and destroy missions.
Current location: Muldraugh KY. 

Timeline: (wherever you guys left off :))

22:00 hours - 

He could see the light through the thin smog of the forest trees. The forest was quit except for the echoed moaning the wind brought to his ears. Grill estimated that they where fairly far behind him yet they would gain ground soon when they cut over the slope near the ravine a few yards back. So not to push his luck, he kept on walking at a fast pace, dropping to his knees aiming down the cold iron-sights of his assault rifle to every shadow the lights cast through the trees. His mind was racing with thoughts and fear.

Moments ago he was clipping a rope to his belt readying for the go ahead signal. The other marines were ready, trembling with unbeknownst fear of the developing catastrophes - one recited a prayer whilst another made sure his weapon was loaded. The night seemed so peaceful through the glass. Though below, somewhere and everywhere, there was an unknown enemy shambling through the KY national forest. They've been tracking the mysterious and deadly beings for the past nine hours. They seemed to be clumsy combatants and yet very well trained in remaining out of reach. This unidentified group had slaughtered numerous hikers throughout the Mill Creek-Salt River area. Since Fort Knox emergency services were overwhelmed by the mass riots. The USMC sent out multiple search and rescue teams whom found evidence of slaughters throughout the various hiking trails. Search and Destroy Hitman-Actual of the Fort Knox Marine Corps branch were then deployed to find and eliminate these unknown murderers.

"Hitman-Actual ready-up for green go in five." the pilot informed through the radio. The side-doors slid open letting the cold-gritty air rush in unwelcomed. Grill approached the edge of the craft holding on to the safety handles. Far down below the trees danced within the engulfing darkness sending painful shivers down Grills' spine. He wasn't usually this afraid before a mission. Of course fear was part of his everyday-occupation and it was abnormal to marines to not be fearful, for fear was not there enemy. Fear is a friend for it awakens your every sense and you are then combat-ready. But... This fright he had was like a warning. Some kind of message sent from deep within him to alert Grill that these where not just murderers or terrorist...

"Hitman-Actual we are at the LZ You have green light for the go." came through his headset making him twitch away from his deep thoughts.

"Go! Go! Go!..." was followed by the commanding officer and he let go of the handle to grasp the rope and slid down into the depths of hell.

[...]

finally Grill left the horrendous forest to an empty field. The lights he'd seen where coming from a Spiffo sign across the field. He scanned his surroundings with his rifle and proceeded to the famous diner once he acknowledge the absence of any immediate treat to his life.

22:18 hours -

Jogging in a stealthy fashion the gunnery-Sgt approached what seemed to be the back wall of the restaurant. He pressed his back against the wall made sure he was not followed then Grill moved quietly along the wall until he found the drive-true window. Inside seemed unoccupied. To open the window he used his combat knife and pried between the two panels and it gave in with a little effort. Inside Grill did a quick sweep and clear of the small kitchen and closed the lights immediately. The front of the Spiffos' was tidy yet a door was left ajar. Approaching it he noticed a pool of blood along the floor and on the glass door. Grill took one step outside in a semi-prone position. Nothing... No-one... Night was the only occupant outside the diner.

22:52 hours -

Tony Grill had rendered the restaurant safe by barricading all of the windows in the front with turned over tables. The glass-panel doors where not only locked, using a lockpick kit from his toolbelt, they were blocked from the legs of the chairs Grill slid between the push-handles. He blocked the drive-true window with two of the multiple microwaves in the kitchen knowing it wouldn't really prevent someone from coming in but it would visually dissuade the enemy... Now laying on a makeshift-bed of toilet paper rolls and his combat sleeping-bag, he set his eyes on the long sturdy mahogany desk he'd pushed up against the office door. There was no way his sleep would be interrupted.

01:01 hours -

Finally Grill dosed off into a nightmarish sleep in which he saw again those blood-thirst red eyes......... and the guttural screams of the men he once knew....

15:00

Jack is breathing heavy under the weight of his stuff and his daughter while we making our way trough the town.

Soon we saw this Doc´s building and went a little south of it to the houses near the wood. Carefully checking for any sign of these things, we went down the street. Checking every corner for suprises we decided to check the last house down the road in the corner of the forest.

15:54

Told Jack to drop his stuff and daugther and be ready to help if i call him.

With that i check for a way into the house. All windows are locked and the frontdoor too. The backdoor wasn´t locked but also full of blood, so i hope whatever it is, it´s not in there.

16:01

Carefully open the door and sneaking inside. It´s quit and peaceful, even with this bloodtrail going inside.

But all turned when i got to the kitchen. On the floor something like a body, but wasn´t sure in this mess and next to it 2 of this things just standing there and not moving a bit.

With no other plan at hand i jumped out the door and chrushed the skull of the first and went for the 2nd.

Barly it moved and i missed it, but it got hold on me. Pushing it with all my bodyweight we both fall and it got his his skull pierced by the water tap. What a mess.

16:15

Found a door key on one of this things and opend the front door for Jack, told him to go in the living room and avoid the kitchen for now. hope we can stay here a while and get things sorted out.

OOC (( I was originally waiting for SnaptheFurryFox's reply, but he hasn't in 10 days so I'm going to write it as if my character finds a different child, already bitten. Not SnaptheFurryFox's charachter-- just for clarification.)

Panic having already enveloped Gus's mind, the sound of shattering glass and the shriek of terror coming from the next room does little to affect the adrenaline already coursing through his aged and visibly webbed veins. "Youngin'" Gus shouts as he scours the second floor for the room the sound came from. He opens a door-- bathroom, nothing here. He opens another-- a study. He opens the closet door... "YAAAARGGGG'KUHH...." Gus slams the door shut. Now there's only one door left... THUMP.  THUMP.  THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. Gus isn't sure if it's his heart, or the desperate and inevitable attempts of the undead's escape. His hand shaking, he turns the door knob to the master bedroom. On the other side he'd find the source of the noise. On the other side would be everything he risked his life for. And he'd find he was too late.

Blood all over the floor. Shattered glass. The reanimated body following after... Gus stands stupefied and horrified as the walking corpse clumsily lumbers out of the second floor window, seeking its prey. Gus slowly walks over to the shattered portal but can't bear to look down...

Curiosity does not protect. Curiosity doesn't have ethics. Curiosity is always hungry...

A child... a boy no older than 8. Must've broken his neck on impact. Being eaten by the dead.

THUMP. (thump)

THUMP. (thump)

THUMP. (thump)

THUMP. (thump)