Dishes?

Demonic_Kat

Project Zomboid is always making us do things we don't want to do: killing our best friends after they've been bitten, eating dead rats, or saving the most annoying player on your server simply because they have the highest carpentry skill. So why not something else no one likes doing?!

You guessed it! Dishes.

I'd say, like with cloths used for bandages, after a use, dishes become dirty. If you cannot clean them with CLEAN water, then they give a chance for whatever is put into them later to become rotten instantly.

This would pressure players water supplies. It would also give reason to find multiple dishes.

Clean water isn't too hard to find, you can often drink from most smaller streams and brooks with no ill effect, I've washed dishes in them many times (and survived)

I have to very much agree with having to wash eating equipment. Cooking on a campfire is incredibly messy, and rotten bean mash plastered all over your bowls isn't the most appetizing thing.

Utensils with uses is something I'd like to see too. Have eating without a fork or spoon increase the chances of foodborne illness (let's face it, you've been beating things to death for the better part of the day, you don't have nice hands) or just give a happiness boost from not having to drink beans out of a can.

This is something I've thought about on and off. Eating with forks and spoons off of plates and out of bowls would be one of those things. You know, a sign of civilization. That we've evolved beyond our need to eat off the ground like savages. So a good cutlery set could indeed be a decent happiness boost while also helping keep you healthy by not making you eat with your nasty hands.

The only problem would be implementation. How do you do this without it feeling cumbersome?

Might be a good idea to keep dishes in a separate container like keys and have a general "wash dishes" option that washes all the dirty ones in the stack.

I have Dirty Dishes in my Littering mod and it does work like that, you can wash them all from one stack if you have enough water and cleaning liquid, it's just a basic recipe and it works like one.

Might be a good idea to keep dishes in a separate container like keys and have a general "wash dishes" option that washes all the dirty ones in the stack.

I have Dirty Dishes in my Littering mod and it does work like that, you can wash them all from one stack if you have enough water and cleaning liquid, it's just a basic recipe and it works like one.

Cool! I'd like to see this in the base game. I don't know about the requirement of dish liquid though. You can get dishes pretty clean w/o it.