Steam Beta Release - 08th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

It doesn't require a key there bud. You just click the drop-down menu that says "Beta testing version." Once it's selected, you don't have to do anything else. No key, nothing. The key section is only for games that have closed betas that you'd need a key to get to. The forum tests are an open beta, so all you do is highlight it. You may need to restart Steam for it to take effect. Otherwise, you're in it.

Thanx for the help man =) i was thinknig when i clicked that * it would come up with a *download beta* button.... please tell me it download automaticly? haha i just opened the game on steam and it opens fine and the game is 9.9.17... is that the latest beta or is my steam messing up? Thanx again =)

haha so thats my latest version? i dont care if its buggy i just want new thinnnngs xD lmao.. like loot a house then instead of leaving door open to *know iv bin there* leave cooker on and set it on fire lol. In future will the steam update the game automaticly? or do i have to click somethin? *Betas and updates* PS whens NPC's available? ;) i wanna run into some one in a store and have a stand off for a can of beans pmsl.

It seems that it does start up on a mac - it just takes a while, and you have a black window whilst you wait.

On my mac - there's:

* corruption in the background of the loading screen, it seems like other parts of video memory all jumbled up.  This has been present since I started out with the game in .10

* house roofs do not disappear when you are inside (this was ok in .16) - I've tried turning multicore off and that didn't help.  This obviously makes looting rather more dangerous than before

* worlds will allow you to continue if you give one the same name as an existing one, but after you've created your character and load things up you will find that you've loaded the original world (with whatever character was in it)

* when deleting worlds, you can change the selection behind the deletion confirmation window and the new selection will be deleted.

* I'm not sure if this is the case in the latest version, but I created a no-zombies world to explore in .16 - when I later reloaded it, it had zombies... which might suggest that other world settings are not retained either.

But ffs people, didn't you ever opted for a beta on steam? It's just the exact same as any other game that offers the beta option. THERE IS NO PASSWORD. Right click on the game in your library, click on option (the last choice) Open that tab BETAS and scroll down from NONE>>>>> to beta testing available to all ( and there are ONLY these 2 options).   CLOSE steam and re launch it. THAT"S IT.   Forget about the PRIVATE beta window, that is for devs and internal testing b4 been released as beta for all.

@ killwill, i really hope you got it this time, it's really not hard to understand.  Your key, you only use it once when you have to redeem the game. That's it. And if by chance you are using the same key that you had on desura, you are doing it wrong! On desura you will get a different key if you decide to redeem the game on steam.

Please keep it polite even when you're frustrated. No need for hostility, we're all friends here!

-Rathlord-

Hi,

Good to finally have PZ on Steam. At first I didn't notice the difference with the combat system, silly me. The old system wasn't bad, but I won't miss smashing a window near a horde cause I was grabbing loot...

Anyway, another problem, less directly PZ related ; I launched PZ fine yesterday, wanted to play a bit before going to work, and now it doesn't launch anymore ?

I restarted Steam, my PC, nothing. Validated files through Steam, still nothing. The debug window doesn't stay on long enough for me to read it so I don't know what happens. Anyone had the same problem ?

And I agree the "fog of war" might be a bit slow now. Not sure it's intended, cause when I tried to switch graphics (G Key), if you use the lowest one (which sadly doesn't look as good, and my character's all black), the fog's speed seems normal. New rendering issue ?

OMG! Fresh cooked grilled cheese sandwich = hunger -192! How do I slice it into several smaller pieces?

Hahah, yes, that is one hell of a snack... And when your cooking skill improves, it goes even higher. I remember -250-ish the last time I made it :D

Is anyone else having problems with roofs on classic lighting?

Yes! I was just going to add this to the slow map reveal comment. When I turn down the graphics (G button), the map reveal is faster but the buildings' upper floors don't disappear properly and I seem to run on the roof while passing behind them. It's really confusing.

I was being chased by a horde, ran into the NW warehouse, lost them and slept up on the roof, but I could only do this because I remembered the layout of the bottom 2 floors and could run up the stairs blind.

I hope this gets fixed, otherwise I need to choose between super slow map reveal and vision blocking buildings :cry:

Smashing wooden crates with a sledgehammer did not produce any planks =(((

True, but now it gives you the contents of the crate (which can be planks), so you can employ a "smash first, look later" policy. I think you can also use the sledge to knock down trees.

what's with the new combat system?

i cant feel it except while holding the LMB, not working like before....

Lemmy says we should try to figure it out, as if we were new players. It took me a while, but it seems alright. Now I can pretty much strafe circles around the zombies as I blast them with the shotgun :cool:

Try holding the RMB for melee weapons!