Steam Beta Release - 08th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

On my mac, when I load the game it is always day for a few seconds and then tile-by-tile it goes dark, some tiles remain bright, idk why :P

I have experienced something similar (under Win7). It starts off all bright for a second before going back to the usual "all dark, need to look around to lift fog" business.

Good work devs! I really appreciate being able to open windows and doors on the "dark side" of a house once again, thank you very much for fixing that! Unfortunately I've got the same problem as Roach, the game froze while jumping through an open window.

Game also crashed randomly while fighting a horde with a shotgun. Upon restart i spawned back in my pitch-dark safehouse (nighttime) with full ammo. Unfortunately my shotgun wasn't loaded with a single shell and two zombies spawned right next to me inside of my safehouse. Thus ended the story of Betty Woods.

New combat system? Didn't have time to try it out with my empty shotgun, but I'll probably give it a go tomorrow.

I love this game!

The awareness is quite bad. I'll open a door and walk into a room and the room takes so long to light up andf i end up getting killed by zombies inside the rooms. Looking into houses through windows is very dark and most of the time doesnt light up until i enter the house. Plus walking out of a house it takes a few seconds for the world to light up even if its mid-day it is quite dark. maybe its lag but it is still annoying.

Was my steam version supposed to update?  I'm not opted into the beta as I only want stable release versions yet it updated earlier when I loaded up steam.  I don't really mind either way since I'm currently waiting for a stable steam build to release before I play again.

Finally made an account.  I love this game so much, easily my favorite!

Made the account to say that the new combat system is wickedly awesome!  I'm loving it.

A few questions: I started a game that I had started with the first Steam version.  Are there a bunch of items laying around for testing purposes?  Went into my first house and found 2 axes, saw, hammer, tons of food, ect.

Also, what's up with the music?  :P

Finally made an account.  I love this game so much, easily my favorite!

Made the account to say that the new combat system is wickedly awesome!  I'm loving it.

A few questions: I started a game that I had started with the first Steam version.  Are there a bunch of items laying around for testing purposes?  Went into my first house and found 2 axes, saw, hammer, tons of food, ect.

Also, what's up with the music?   :P

You activated the testing mod of fun. Tons of drops and epic music.

When in combat/sneaking stance if you go through a window you crash, so make sure to let off your right click before climbing or your game will crash/freeze.

May add this to the original post just to slow the torrent of people with the bug X= Dare I ninja Lemmy's post?

I get into some frozen ''stand straight'' position when I try to jump through windows. Makes it impossible to move.

0PsT0aT.jpg

My character is a champ, maintaining this posture for 2 days straight.

that window bug has affected my game too

I have a similar bug but it only happens with open windows, smashed windows work fine.

I'm not in combat/sneaking stance though, so it might be a different bug.

Heads up im sorry if i offend any one =) *and my spelling is shocking/grammer cos iv had a beer or too xD* Ok... here goes xD. I found your game back months ago when i was just serfing the web n automaticly felt it had potential. I had always wanted to play *the epic zombie servival with cold and food and drink moodlets*. But i dident pay for it cos it was in beta.. n wanted to see if it was what i thought it was going to be. So i played it for alil while, automaticly fell in love with the game and have bin coming here to check on the updates like every 3 days. Then all this *moving to desura happened* so i held back cos i never heard of them before, but the updates were forum/fan based. Then you moved again to steam.. n i hate steam, like the amount of amazing games steam has ruin.. football manager... crashes and slows down just cos of the steam network.... The odd day i even ended up going back to the pirated version just because it was more stable. ANYWAY xD i bought your game because i practicly automaticly fell in love with it. made an acount with desura fru facebook but then couldent log in to desura cos i dident have a password yet.. *got my steam keys* n i registered the game on steam with the key but the same key dosent work for the beta donloads key.. dunno if im doing anything wrong?? I wish you had stuck to the simple forum realease were all the fans are, but thats just my opinion. Made a forum acount for help and to share my opinion haha cos i love the game n i think i may need help with my steam beta key downloads?  Shit used to be so simple :(:(

"Right click game in Steam, go into Properties, click BETAS tab and select the beta branch in the drop down." i se *none opt out of beta programs and BETEA testing version available to all n both on my steam requier a key... witch is ok *i have i key* i think lol just the key aint working, but you saying you dont key worrys me lol