Steam Beta Release - 08th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

I am having the same issue. Starting a new game fixes the problem in the old save (sort of), but i have a weird lighting squire following me around and the lighting seemed to be broken in general. When i walked out into cells i had been before but not in this instance, the lighting seemed to return to normal. Its like it loads up the wrong lighting settings.

Starting a new game did not fix my old save. It's still dark. I also tried disabling shaders. It did not help with the old save but the flickering in new games has stopped.

Now, instead of the options "yes" and "no" the shader dropdown menu only shows "unsupported by hardware" if I am ingame. I can still choose between yes and no in the main menu.

I'm using a Geforce 560 TI, newest drivers.

Getting 4E1RRBD.png 58mRD5s.png

Windows 8 64 bit. ATI 5850. Crashes before i can start a new game, changes game res, changing any graphic setting, and just at even crashes on main menu screen.

- EDIT using JAVA 7 update 21 64 bit version and 32 bit version installed.

Getting 4E1RRBD.png 58mRD5s.png

Windows 8 64 bit. ATI 5850. Crashes before i can start a new game, changes game res, changing any graphic setting, and just at even crashes on main menu screen.

- EDIT using JAVA 7 update 21 64 bit version and 32 bit version installed.

Probably better to post this in the Support section. Anyway, what driver version is your graphics card currently at? Here's a link to a driver for the ATI HD 5000 series:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.42;2.4.1.3.44〈=us&rev=&ostype=Windows%208%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition

Loving this latest update (once again i can kill standing zombies), i can see why some people love the new control system but im not a fan, as you end up just standing over a downed zombie waiting to charge an attack and without pushing anything it feels like im just standing there with my nuts in my hand waiting to get bitten.

i also wonder if it will just make the game harder for new players who don't realize you can charge and resort to panicked button bashing instead.

i was amazed people actually used the ctrl key with the old system, that key is a finger killer i always re-set it to spacebar when i can in games and it works great for this

P.S. the new steam beta system is great and i keep finding more fixes/features added every time i play, i cant wait till all the mods catch up with the new system. 

Edited by Simon816

I didn´t test the new System yet - and I´m really afraid to do... It soundz for me like downgrading the Game from hardcore to core...^^ Don´t know if I express it good enough to be understandable^^ Sry hehe... And yes, I´m another  German without the ability to speak english at all ;D But who knows for example the gameplay of Crysis 2 and the third part - and the changes of the suitenergy... That´s exacly what I tried to explain... In Crysis 3 you need no skill anymore^^ seperate suitenergy for stealh and armor mode, no energy required any more for max speed and strengh^^ what the fuck^^ but if u need the challenge to have fun with gaming - you better don´t holt your breath... Go and by Crysis 2 ;P

Maybe u more skillless folks will buy it to start the game on easy oO maybe you gain more money, but for sure you will loose many of your old loyal fanbase...

But I can´t imagine that you guys will do unthankfull thinks like this... And it´s truely so that u won´t!!!  (tophat)  Or even not....  :o  *ejaculation2God*

Gameplay is identical. Just instead of holding left mouse button to charge, you hold right mouse button. And instead of letting go of left mouse to attack, you just press left mouse while right is pressed. It's identical in terms of depth of the combat system, just hopefully more intuitive. 

Yeah, thX for response! Testet it out yesterday... Till this morning :D Works fine! I´m not afraid anymore ;D But if I understand it right, I have now less control about how hard I will hit or is there a trick^^ I mean if I go backward in front of a horde to take one after another out - is there a way to strafe (hold right mousebutton^^) and  hit a zombie face with low Power - only to push him back to his group of friends...? I ususally play Survivel Mode, so I´d like to slow the Zombie down without pushing him away... Pushing away is to risky I guess... Hopefully you can follow me more or less...^^ hehe

ThX&Greetz 2 all!

Every time I open up the game it freezes every time I try and input anything (ie. click on something in the options menu or input a name for a new save file). All the buttons stop responding and I have to close it. :L

Opening up my remaining save file means the game starts but I can only see "These are the end times".

The game was working fine on Steam until this recent update.

Update: pressed W, after my character walked a bit, this picture showed:

RJXpUsG.jpg

Also, it says "shaders unsupported by hardware", but before that shaders were there.

Same exact thing happened to me. Played for about 3 hours, blue screen of death. Came back and my save was about 10 minutes (real life) earlier than where I had left off. I got the black screen first with the blood stains only showing and after walking a bit all the lighting is messed up and the roofs aren't showing at all, etc.

While setting up my new fort I decided to dig up some spots to farm. Later after adding my panic room i decided to go out and plant my farm. I was unable to sow seeds or dig more rows with the trowel. This is latest build time at the bottom right is Central standard time USA.

Build 17 Steam beta

No mods installed.

Nothing special in Debuger.

Here is the screenshot:

9f0u.png

If you need any other info let me know.

Issue fixed in latest patch!

While setting up my new fort I decided to dig up some spots to farm. Later after adding my panic room i decided to go out and plant my farm. I was unable to sow seeds or dig more rows with the trowel. This is latest build time at the bottom right is Central standard time USA.

Build 17 Steam beta

No mods installed.

Nothing special in Debuger.

Here is the screenshot:

If you need any other info let me know.

Pretty sure this is already a known bug with this build.