Steam Beta Release - 08th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

Question:

Do drugs not work in the current build or are they not finished yet?

I just had a game living in the medical centre assuming it would be good because of the stock of health supplies, yet after getting raided by zombies I realised no drugs in the medical centre actually seem to work. Sleeping tablets, beta-blockers etc. You simply cannot take them, they just stay in your inventory when you "use" them.

Also, I assume there is no cure/vaccine?

I didn´t test the new System yet - and I´m really afraid to do... It soundz for me like downgrading the Game from hardcore to core...^^ Don´t know if I express it good enough to be understandable^^ Sry hehe... And yes, I´m another  German without the ability to speak english at all ;D But who knows for example the gameplay of Crysis 2 and the third part - and the changes of the suitenergy... That´s exacly what I tried to explain... In Crysis 3 you need no skill anymore^^ seperate suitenergy for stealh and armor mode, no energy required any more for max speed and strengh^^ what the fuck^^ but if u need the challenge to have fun with gaming - you better don´t holt your breath... Go and by Crysis 2 ;P

Maybe u more skillless folks will buy it to start the game on easy oO maybe you gain more money, but for sure you will loose many of your old loyal fanbase...

But I can´t imagine that you guys will do unthankfull thinks like this... And it´s truely so that u won´t!!!  (tophat)  Or even not....  :o  *ejaculation2God*

Gameplay is identical. Just instead of holding left mouse button to charge, you hold right mouse button. And instead of letting go of left mouse to attack, you just press left mouse while right is pressed. It's identical in terms of depth of the combat system, just hopefully more intuitive. 

I'll test it some more later today, but I'm not sure it's too compatible with us trackpad users.

Question:

I just had a game living in the medical centre assuming it would be good because of the stock of health supplies, yet after getting raided by zombies I realised no drugs in the medical centre actually seem to work. Sleeping tablets, beta-blockers etc. You simply cannot take them, they just stay in your inventory when you "use" them.

Medicine have multiple doses. Click on the small triangle to the left of the item's name and you will see the medicine's amount going down on each use.

No, there is no cure, and there will never be. If you want that, there's always modding.

what's with the new combat system?
i cant feel it except while holding the LMB, not working like before....

Lemmy says we should try to figure it out, as if we were new players. It took me a while, but it seems alright. Now I can pretty much strafe circles around the zombies as I blast them with the shotgun :cool:

Try holding the RMB for melee weapons!

RMB do nothing XD

Question:

Medicine have multiple doses. Click on the small triangle to the left of the item's name and you will see the medicine's amount going down on each use.

No, there is no cure, and there will never be. If you want that, there's always modding.

Ah right. That would explain it. Thank you very much.

I would rather the game be a hard challenge so I don't really want a vaccine, I was just curious. I would have checked the wiki but it is pretty out of date.

We updated the beta version btw, hopefully gets rid of stuck near windows and other crashes.

Please let us know if you think it's stable enough for people to know about on Steam, as we want to get something stable and good up there before making a big Mondoid deal about Steam keys being available.

I wanted to go in and get a screenshot of buildings blocking the view on the low graphics setting, but now I'm getting an utterly dark environment when I load up my save, similar to others who have posted before me:

uwNECYO.jpg

I can move around and stuff, but there seems to be no light in the world. That is indeed game-breaking. I had a great fort, a nice farm, tons of supplies and a buffed up character that has survived for over 2 months... I don't want to lose this save :cry:

Edit: I can move, but I can't seem to perform any action or move items around in my inventory. So it's not just the lighting, unfortunately.

This is under Win7, 4GB RAM, Radeon 5770. I haven't had this problem in any of the previous versions.

RMB do nothing XD

It works for me.

Plz. How can i make a SPOILER button with a drop-down Textfield  in a thread ?

You can use the "Special BBCode" button in the editor (3rd button from the left in the top row) to insert the tags.

Or just type spoiler and /spoiler in square brackets.

Okay sorted out my launching problems, seems like Steam didn't install Java, but deinstalled it. meh.

Reinstalled it, everything looks fine. As I was seeing some fps spikes, I wanted to disable multi core to see if that would help. After restarting the game and loading my save, it loaded, but everything was black. I waited a couple of seconds, and then... I heard the main menu music on top of the game music. Then the main menu poped up, BUT with the UI elements of the game on top of it ! still both musics playing. pretty weird.

A hidden Virtual DJ Mode ? :D

I read some of the other posts about starting a save and then running into black screen, and I ran into this too, of course I have no clue what to do about this on my own.

So like any reasonable person in this situation, I decided to mash buttons..., ahem, troubleshoot with player controls such as moving, or attempting to attack or use items in my inventory. Then I got down to the Use Key, and ended up with this.

ProjectZomboidBug2Reportv29917usingsteam

Suggestions? I was really hoping to continue that save too :P

Windows 7, 6gb, 64 bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 processor 2.60 GHz, graphics is Nvidia GeForce 9100

Steam just downloaded an update (although the menu still says 2.9.9.17) and now the screen remains black in my old save. I can see the inventory and the HUD (time controls etc.) but the game world is black.

I started a new game and it seems to be working there although there is some flickering I hadn't noticed before.

Is there some way I can reset my old save or do they always break when a new version comes out?

Steam just downloaded an update (although the menu still says 2.9.9.17) and now the screen remains black in my old save. I can see the inventory and the HUD (time controls etc.) but the game world is black.

I started a new game and it seems to be working there although there is some flickering I hadn't noticed before.

Is there some way I can reset my old save or do they always break when a new version comes out?

Me too  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I am having the same issue. Starting a new game fixes the problem in the old save (sort of), but i have a weird lighting squire following me around and the lighting seemed to be broken in general. When i walked out into cells i had been before but not in this instance, the lighting seemed to return to normal. Its like it loads up the wrong lighting settings.

@fabriz7777 yer i got everything to work i just confused myself cos i dident know it downloaded automaticly. I thought i had to download the test ones manualy but its all good now =)  Just a quick question tho is it ok to uninstall desura now i have it on steam? 

Great, yes it's ok to un install desura, first thing i done. One gaming platform is enough for me, and since all my other games are on steam...