Steam Beta Release - 08th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

...Perhaps it isn't climbing through windows in combat stance, then.

It's simply if you try to go through a windows but you do not fully hold down the E button. If you half tap the E button then you do not complete the action and glitch into the stance, at least that is what i have discovered through my experience. Hope I'm right.

We updated the beta version btw, hopefully gets rid of stuck near windows and other crashes.

Please let us know if you think it's stable enough for people to know about on Steam, as we want to get something stable and good up there before making a big Mondoid deal about Steam keys being available. I know there's the weird lighted start bug but we can sort that out after Mondoid. Crashes and other game breakers need axing asap though in case the Mondoid brings a flood of people back / new to the game.

Just wanted to thow in a random "congrats" to the devs for this and the previous release.

I hate Steam with a fair passion, and begrudge ever having to use it... BUT 2.9.9.16 and the latest 2.9.9.17 honestly feels smoother, less buggy and more "complete" than ANY version I've played since Kate & Baldspot took a holiday.

I'll admit to been worried about the fate of the game for a while; I discovered/bought it right in the middle of "the long wait", and updates seemed sparse indeed (especially for a newbie like me with no real idea of the development's turbulent history). But any such worries are gone as of the last few test builds... things feel, play and look effing GREAT!

Sure, there's still bugs, stuff to add and much-polishing before this sucker is "done" but the game is currently fun, playable and feels like a work in progress that's getting better and better.

It's especailly wonderful to see test releases coming so thick and fast (I actually missed versions 12-14, which was a huge surprise); I'd much rather frequent tiny updates than having to wait for big ones, and it seems all the waiting and hard work by the devs towards an engine overhaul to facilitate this was more than worthwhile.

I've personally never seen the appeal of Steam, but if the desired road to that platform - or even me having to use it to play PZ - means this kind of regular awesome updates, I'll shut up, grin and bear it! :)

Oh, and while it takes a bit of getting used to, the new combat controls are a definite improvement, IMO. Much less clunky and more intuitive for me, at least. I had to map shift to another (side) mouse button to run, but my pinky finger thanks you all the same! Plus, I actualyl feel like I can fight, if I'm not too outnumbered! Amusingly, though, thanks to Steam's "update itself without asking" default, I thought PZ was broken when the update kicked in between reboots and suddenly none of the old controls "worked"!

Again, congrats for all the very hard work over what seem to have been some pretty difficult times at times... it's paid off in spades, folks.

I didn´t test the new System yet - and I´m really afraid to do... It soundz for me like downgrading the Game from hardcore to core...^^ Don´t know if I express it good enough to be understandable^^ Sry hehe... And yes, I´m another  German without the ability to speak english at all ;D But who knows for example the gameplay of Crysis 2 and the third part - and the changes of the suitenergy... That´s exacly what I tried to explain... In Crysis 3 you need no skill anymore^^ seperate suitenergy for stealh and armor mode, no energy required any more for max speed and strengh^^ what the fuck^^ but if u need the challenge to have fun with gaming - you better don´t holt your breath... Go and by Crysis 2 ;P

Maybe u more skillless folks will buy it to start the game on easy oO maybe you gain more money, but for sure you will loose many of your old loyal fanbase...

But I can´t imagine that you guys will do unthankfull thinks like this... And it´s truely so that u won´t!!!  (tophat)  Or even not....  :o  *ejaculation2God*

Is it possible for someone to post a screenshot guide for getting this to work on Steam? I keep reading the directions and for the life of me can't find this so called "BETA tab" or option besides the opt in for beta Steam versions.

I didn´t test the new System yet - and I´m really afraid to do... It soundz for me like downgrading the Game from hardcore to core...^^ Don´t know if I express it good enough to be understandable^^ Sry hehe... And yes, I´m another  German without the ability to speak english at all ;D But who knows for example the gameplay of Crysis 2 and the third part - and the changes of the suitenergy... That´s exacly what I tried to explain... In Crysis 3 you need no skill anymore^^ seperate suitenergy for stealh and armor mode, no energy required any more for max speed and strengh^^ what the fuck^^ but if u need the challenge to have fun with gaming - you better don´t holt your breath... Go and by Crysis 2 ;P

Maybe u more skillless folks will buy it to start the game on easy oO maybe you gain more money, but for sure you will loose many of your old loyal fanbase...

But I can´t imagine that you guys will do unthankfull thinks like this... And it´s truely so that u won´t!!!  (tophat)  Or even not....  :o  *ejaculation2God*

Gameplay is identical. Just instead of holding left mouse button to charge, you hold right mouse button. And instead of letting go of left mouse to attack, you just press left mouse while right is pressed. It's identical in terms of depth of the combat system, just hopefully more intuitive. 

s it possible for someone to post a screenshot guide for getting this to work on Steam? I keep reading the directions and for the life of me can't find this so called "BETA tab" or option besides the opt in for beta Steam versions.

To install the game on Steam,  if that's your issue,   go to the top drop down menu,  under games,  and select "activate a product on steam",  then put in your serial number.

After you install the game on steam click on the game in your library and select properties.   Then go to the beta tab under properties and opt into the beta.    If there is something more to it, well, beats me.

Only a steam release, eh

I don't use steam, and do not intend to in the near future. 

Hopefully this comes out for desura, soon.

We have standards for Desura (that will also be standards for Steam), that's where the bulk of our customers gets the game delivered to them without them having any say of the matter, and it being their only interaction with the game and us. It's important that the quality only ever goes up between versions there. If at any point we feel people could argue they have been delivered an update that's broken the game for them, then there's no Desura version period. Same will be true for the non-beta Steam one once we've gotten all the issues sorted.

We can't go uploading buggy versions to Desura. And the version that was on Steam turned out to have some big issues that needed sorting. Hopefully we're shot of them and can start planning a Desura release, but in the meantime it's in the best interests of absolutely everyone we get the game stable first.

Just installed the update and now I get this when loading a savegame from the previous hotfix but game seems to run fine.

edit: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." jpg??

edit 2: pic is here: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130909/xydbdoge.jpg

Also having this issue, here's my save https://anonfiles.com/file/672947620c7b4a1648dfe331f3dd4ddb

And here's an accompanying identical message: http://i.imgur.com/ZtD7dZ7.png

Integrated GPU by the way, Intel HD 4000. Just in case it matters.

We updated the beta version btw, hopefully gets rid of stuck near windows and other crashes.

Please let us know if you think it's stable enough for people to know about on Steam, as we want to get something stable and good up there before making a big Mondoid deal about Steam keys being available. I know there's the weird lighted start bug but we can sort that out after Mondoid. Crashes and other game breakers need axing asap though in case the Mondoid brings a flood of people back / new to the game.

This fixes the window bug for me.

Only a steam release, eh

I don't use steam, and do not intend to in the near future. 

Hopefully this comes out for desura, soon.

We have standards for Desura (that will also be standards for Steam), that's where the bulk of our customers gets the game delivered to them without them having any say of the matter, and it being their only interaction with the game and us. It's important that the quality only ever goes up between versions there. If at any point we feel people could argue they have been delivered an update that's broken the game for them, then there's no Desura version period. Same will be true for the non-beta Steam one once we've gotten all the issues sorted.

We can't go uploading buggy versions to Desura. And the version that was on Steam turned out to have some big issues that needed sorting. Hopefully we're shot of them and can start planning a Desura release, but in the meantime it's in the best interests of absolutely everyone we get the game stable first.

I already know this lemmy, one of the few reasons I still stick with Project Zomboid is because of the constant hard work of yourself and the other stoners, and the wonderful community.

I haven't played PZ since build 5 though, waiting for fire :D

@fabriz7777 yer i got everything to work i just confused myself cos i dident know it downloaded automaticly. I thought i had to download the test ones manualy but its all good now =)  Just a quick question tho is it ok to uninstall desura now i have it on steam?