Some suggestions about developing

BogdanS27

First of all I know how this will sound: like I'm a boss or something to give you guys commands.How the title says I have some suggestions and changes about developing, the priorities that need to be acompished in a certain order (in my opinion) to make the game more fun, diverse and realistic too.You guys are not forced to make these changes or implement these and again I'm not trying to change the way you work.

I know this will be a pain in the ass to do (sorry for the expression) ,but I'll say that before adding something else try to implement physics in game cause that will help you in so many ways (the throwing system that I suggested in another topic:http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14371-throwing-system-and-little-changes/ and so much more).

Secondly I saw that you are trying to implement NPCs in the game and I'm soo excited and I wonder how it will be.I would say that you guys should focus on that to come out.These two (pyshics and NPCs) will take soo much time to do, but it will be worth.From what I see in most games the developers are trying not to lose the community but to attract more players and that is right, but the method they chose to do that is not so good cause they implement little things (auxiliar things) that are not the base of the game, that do not improve the game and that's kind of sad cause players will go on the site and will see a big title that will show for ex: 100 NEW ITEMS and they will be so excited about that, but when they will enter the game and will see that they basicly do nothing (nothing special or different from others) they will be dissapointed.From my experience I saw people launching the game, seeing the items and will come back to the game when they will find something that the game needs, something that can change things,

Again I'm not trying to give you guys commands I'm giving suggestions to make the game more attractive, realistic and fun ,and I know that is so easy to say ,but hard to do, but that will be my opinion.

Hope you guys like it and you are not mad at me. :)

The impression I get is that the devs *are* working on these big ticket things but they are also working on trickle improvements (like new recipes etc.). I've not been part of the community long but the devs seem very focused on improving the gameplay experience - build 32 fixed the big issue with previous builds (the so-called "farmville" effect), largely (from what I can tell) in response to feedback from the current players.

I have no doubt that NPCs are receiving attention every day, but I'd rather have a trickle of little improvements and get NPCs later than zilch for a long time just to get NPCs/vehicles etc. faster.

Something to bear in mind (with no disrespect to the devs): when these things are eventually implemented, they will be broken, or will break other parts of the game. NPCs in particular will make a huge change to how the game is played, affecting everything from spawning mechanics to survival strategies to "end game" experience. But there is broken and there is broken. I think the current spawn system (IWBUMS 32.5) is broken because it kills off the stealth play I enjoyed before. But it's *less broken* than every build that came before it. It's the devs duty (and one that they seem to take pretty seriously) to ensure that NPCs etc. are as unbroken as possible before unleashing them on the community (and letting us help them fix them :) ).

I think the Devs pretty well have it figured out. Seems like they have a solid roadmap for keeping veteran players entertained and for hooking newbies too. In the last two weeks I'm pretty sure the time I have on pz has doubled and I've had the game since fall of '13.