How did you find out about Project Zomboid and what was your initial reaction?

I first found out about this game from watching various let's play videos on this back when it was like in its very earlier stage and so far it looks like the zombie apocalypse game I would like (and having the isometric look was kind of like nostalgic to me) but I was still sort of hesitant on early access and or getting it off a different platform I wasn't used to (ie Desura).

I sort of kept an eye on the development of this game and then this past spring when It was on sale (and to me it seemed like it was pretty feature rich for my tastes) I decided to finally purchase it and now I've been playing it for quite a bit - I am now anxious for what is to come.

Found out about the game, jumped in without spending any time in the wiki and was then killed because the tutorial has incorrect information. Undeterred, I consulted the wiki and rapidly realized my mistake. Now, 120 minutes in, I'm loving the game and keep discovering more and more.

Out of curiosity, what was the incorrect information?

It was the combat instructions:

Reading the tutorial again (without the glazed insanity of new-game excitement) , I see that the first section "control yourself" has the correct instructions (hold down RMB and then LMB to attack) but the third section "precision, people!" says to hold down LMB...which resulted in some rather comical flailing about on my part.

My buddy and I were looking for a coop game to playon steam. We narrowed the options down to three or four games. I think this one was the cheapest while having really good reviews. I basically just bought it and told him to do the same and we have logged like 100+ hours in 2-3 weeks.

Now with the new build coming up, Ive been holding off until then. I was dangeriously close to burning out on it already, so the pause was much needed anyways. We will pick it up surely, since this game blew us both away with its depth and how unforgiving it can be.