getVirtualZombie() is no longer a thing in B32, how do I spawn a zombie now?

ethanwdp

I've combed over the LuaManager class to make sure it was still a thing, and it wasn't there. Seeing as that's pretty much the only way I can spawn a zombie, what am I supposed to do?

Something like

ISUICheatMenu.SpawnZombieNow = function()
    if ISUICheatMenu.ZombieBrushEnabled == true then
        local mx = getMouseX();
        local my = getMouseY();
        local player = getPlayer();
        local wz = player:getZ();
        local wx, wy = ISCoordConversion.ToWorld(mx, my, wz);

for i = 1,ISUICheatMenu.ZombiesToSpawn do
            getVirtualZombieManager():createRealZombieNow(wx,wy,wz);
        end
    end
end

no longer works.

Edit: I compared the LuaManager of Build 31 to that of Build 32, and it turns out that the Build 32 LuaManager exposes a lot. After doing a bit of Google, I can apparently access the properties in exposed classes, but I don't know how.

The same for me, but have a look on the challenges.

There are zombies spawned, with another command (which I didn't know before).

Edit: createZombie();

I've tried that before, and it didn't work. I'll have another shot at it.

I have not checked it out myself for my mod and build32.

But i will have a look on it the next days.

It is working in the challenge, so it should work also in our mods.

I looked in the challenge, and it's using create horde. I did a bit more poking around in the class files, and it turns out that the new ZombiePopulationManager took the reigns of VirtualZombieManager. Guess I'll try that next.

Sorry i was wrong, i found it in the steps.lua:

function FightStep:OpenWindow()    if FightStep.window:IsOpen() then       FightStep.zombie = createZombie(FightStep.zombieSpawnX, FightStep.zombieSpawnY, 0, nil, 0,IsoDirections.E);       while not FightStep.zombie:getDescriptor():isFemale() do           FightStep.zombie:removeFromWorld();           FightStep.zombie:removeFromSquare();           FightStep.zombie = createZombie(FightStep.zombieSpawnX, FightStep.zombieSpawnY, 0, nil, 0,IsoDirections.E);       end       FightStep.zombie:setUseless(true);       return true;    end    return false;end

So it seems to be

createZombie(x, y, z, nil, 0, ViewDirection);

But what is the nil and the zero?

I think we have to test it out.

Or can any dev/modder explain a bit?

Okay, checked the class-files and found the interesting line:

public static IsoZombie createZombie(float x, float y, float z, SurvivorDesc desc, int palette, IsoDirections dir)

Tried it and it works.

I can now again spawn Zombies on single tiles on our server.

Okay, checked the class-files and found the interesting line:

public static IsoZombie createZombie(float x, float y, float z, SurvivorDesc desc, int palette, IsoDirections dir)

Tried it and it works.

I can now again spawn Zombies on single tiles on our server.

Sorry for the late reply, was a bit busy.

I figured it out, spawnHorde(x,y,x2,y2,z, numberToSpawn) works perfectly . Here's what I did:

ISUICheatMenu.SpawnZombieNow = function()

if ISUICheatMenu.ZombieBrushEnabled == true then

local mx = getMouseXScaled(); -- uses scaled, so that it's still accurate at different zoom levels

local my = getMouseYScaled();

local player = getPlayer();

local wz = player:getZ();

local wx, wy = ISCoordConversion.ToWorld(mx, my, wz);

if not string.match(getCore():getVersionNumber(), "32") then -- checks for build 32

for i = 1,ISUICheatMenu.ZombiesToSpawn do--ISUICheatMenu.ZombiesToSpawn was handled in the toggle function not shown(blame forum formatting for not-one line one-line comment)

getVirtualZombieManager():createRealZombieNow(wx,wy,wz); -- if it isn't build 32, uses the old method

end

else

if string.match(getCore():getVersionNumber(), "32") then -- handles this differently if it is build 32

spawnHorde(wx,wy,wx,wy,wz,ISUICheatMenu.ZombiesToSpawn) --if it is build 32, uses same variable for x and y twice to remove randomness. I'll have to add a for statement later to make this work for build 32 and above.(note: in notepad++ this is actually a single line comment, blame forum formatting).

end

end

end

end

As it would turn out, spawnHorde also works for any number of zombies, including a single one.