[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

Jab how mad are you the day you decide to fix the model loader they release 33.20 and most likely break it again? Sorry dude that has to be so frustrating. Im sick of these patches that dont add anything to the game but break the mods that actually do add to the game

I'm sure our GoG players appreciate this sentiment.

I'm sure they don't even exist yet, but you're right i'm a terrible person because I want some stability before they focus on peddling the half finished game elsewhere

They certainly do exist, and as soon as we sell one copy on a platform we owe them the same service we owe anyone else who's purchased the game. Customers are customers regardless of where they've bought it. And if what you want is stability? That's what the patches are for. To make the game stable. The devs have a responsibility to the game first and modders second. While we understand that you're frustrated and certainly understand Jab's frustration, that's not an excuse to be rude on our forum. Please stop derailing Jab's mod thread with this. Thanks.

Had some complaints with the model loader breaking compatibility with Redboid. Taking a look, I see with your latest update, 33.20, you're shipping a Lua overwrite.

Any chance this could be removed, possibly to the example mod?

Anyone playing on Redboid will have overwrite only the stuff in the /zombie/ directory, not the /media/ directory.

Had some complaints with the model loader breaking compatibility with Redboid. Taking a look, I see with your latest update, 33.20, you're shipping a Lua overwrite.

Anyone playing on Redboid will have overwrite only the stuff in the /zombie/ directory, not the /media/ directory.

The Lua GUI menus for right-clicking items are Lua driven. This is the ONLY reason I touched this section. If a global object can be managed, we can push our code to it.

I will not ship a mod in 2 parts, only because it means more work for the player, ontop of the work required to get ModelLoader up and running. I have also marked where modifications were made to those lua files inside the lua files. This means code can be copied over possibly, depending on what's being modified. 

I haven't looked much at it yet, but does the update include support for existing clothing/packs, or just items?

It should work for items. Equipping them does not do any weight adjustments (unless the weight system queries the items for isEquipped(), which in this case does return true). There's more work to be done to fully integrate this new mechanic. 

The Lua GUI menus for right-clicking items are Lua driven. This is the ONLY reason I touched this section. If a global object can be managed, we can push our code to it.

I will not ship a mod in 2 parts, only because it means more work for the player, ontop of the work required to get ModelLoader up and running. I have also marked where modifications were made to those lua files inside the lua files. This means code can be copied over possibly, depending on what's being modified.

Does that mean I'll continue to have to explain why your mod loader results in players getting kicked for mismatched lua files?

Does that mean I'll continue to have to explain why your mod loader results in players getting kicked for mismatched lua files?

If both sides have the same lua files, this shouldn't be an issue, correct?

I'm not installing your mod server-side. There's no need for it.

I'm not installing your mod server-side. There's no need for it.

Not sure what your issue is, then. As for RedBoid, I'll need to sit down and look at ways to help fix the checksum thing. 

You fix it by not overwriting those Lua files.

Well there are *other* ways but this would be the most respectful way to fix it. Isn't there an option to not checksum enforce for now?

No, that really isn't an option.

Considering this is a game that mostly runs inside a Steam VAC environment, I would think that this would become a option, alongside whitelist. Since the server simply interprets events via packet protocol, i don't see lua desync to be bad. If something were off via game-logic, the server should see enough to boot the player. 

Good option to have possibly, regardless of not being in the bell-curve of the common customer / curator.

I think we both know the way PZ does server/client logic is, at best, imperfect.

Installing your mod serverside, disabling the Lua checksum, and adding a whitelist isn't going to happen. It would kill the server; we've already been there/done that.

Don't really get why you decided to do this. These menu options are just for equiping/removing attached models that may or may not exist without a compatible mod? They should be shipped as part of the mod that uses them, rather than overwriting the base game files.

Updated to version 1.15.

This fixes the problem with the Lua checksums. I made a mod to solve this issue, so the custom equipment feature requires it to run properly. The original mechanics work without this extension.

Workshop Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616177013

EK4Zw4z.png

Could very well be something on my end, but I can't seem to figure it out, textures seem to be showing up slightly off center in-game compared to in Blender

problem1-4Vdykj1w.1454634980.pngproblem_2-45SMk3qd.1454634975.png

The images are broken. :/

Could very well be something on my end, but I can't seem to figure it out, textures seem to be showing up slightly off center in-game compared to in Blender

problem1-4Vdykj1w.1454634980.pngproblem_2-45SMk3qd.1454634975.png

The images are broken. :/

Yeah, dunno why that happened, you can still right click to open them, though.

This new update is absolutely beautiful, can't wait for more clothing options.

problem1-4Vdykj1w.1454637487.pngproblem_2-45SMk3qd.1454637517.png

Out of curiosity, where did you get the original player model?

This new update is absolutely beautiful, can't wait for more clothing options.

problem1-4Vdykj1w.1454637487.pngproblem_2-45SMk3qd.1454637517.png

Out of curiosity, where did you get the original player model?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12864-blender-3d-model-import-export-scripts-275-wip/

Cant use it on multiplayer, it said checksum fail

Do a validation check (Right click game in games library on Steam, and File Validation), and go to media/Lua/client/TimedActions/ folder and delete ISModelLoaderWear.lua (This is why most likely).

Only copy the zombie folder. The lua contents from the last version have been crafted into a workshop mod. Disable that before joining if that kicks you still. 

• Kirrus locked this topic