[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

• 1 month later...

As PZ winds into Build 33, I don't think that I will make anymore future releases of this mod, possibly 33 being the last one. 

I feel that this is a rather simple implementation of a component that has long been desired in this game, and is quite a bother to update, given the nature of the mod's implementation. Also, not being able to put this on Steam is a real bother.  

Things feel very slow in PZ and I've been doing work in other games in the meantime. Great game with a lot of potential, among other things...

Many popular servers depend on the model loader for immersion filled player interactions.  Pointing invisible guns will likely destroy that feeling and I'm sad to see that go.  I really do hope you continue with your valuable work here, and if not, good luck on all your future endeavors Jab.

As PZ winds into Build 33, I don't think that I will make anymore future releases of this mod, possibly 33 being the last one.

Oh no Jab, please don't do this. We need you. This mod is awesome, actually the best one around, and it won't work without your help. Is there anything that could convince you to stay?

Regarding my previous post, I had no idea that the IWBUMS would upgrade to official on that day. I was more concerned over the build taking longer and longer to release, and things stagnating. It's hard to say how I feel about that, mostly because it would sound like complaining, rather than general concerns and care for what is a good game

I also didn't realize how much of a staple this mod has become to the bigger picture of server and mod networks for the game, and i appreciate those who have messaged me about this.

I will get to pushing a 33 build as soon as I can. I'm thinking about changing my mind about canceling this mod. It isn't too much work to update. 

Another concern I have towards this mod is the simple fact that it cannot be distributed as easily as traditional / standard mods for this game, due to the nature of the mod being byte code, which is compiled, which both TIS and Valve would not appreciate being distributed. I've thought about this a lot. I could make a simple installer. I could do a lot of things about this, however, I felt that many people would be frustrated with whatever i decided to do to make installing ModelLoader easier (Past experiences with modding). 

tl;dr: I'm glad to see a positive vibe towards ModelLoader, and this may reverse my decision to possibly end the mod.

Thanks for the support, guys!

Regarding my previous post, I had no idea that the IWBUMS would upgrade to official on that day. I was more concerned over the build taking longer and longer to release, and things stagnating. It's hard to say how I feel about that, mostly because it would sound like complaining, rather than general concerns and care for what is a good game

I also didn't realize how much of a staple this mod has become to the bigger picture of server and mod networks for the game, and i appreciate those who have messaged me about this.

I will get to pushing a 33 build as soon as I can. I'm thinking about changing my mind about canceling this mod. It isn't too much work to update. 

Another concern I have towards this mod is the simple fact that it cannot be distributed as easily as traditional / standard mods for this game, due to the nature of the mod being byte code, which is compiled, which both TIS and Valve would not appreciate being distributed. I've thought about this a lot. I could make a simple installer. I could do a lot of things about this, however, I felt that many people would be frustrated with whatever i decided to do to make installing ModelLoader easier (Past experiences with modding). 

tl;dr: I'm glad to see a positive vibe towards ModelLoader, and this may reverse my decision to possibly end the mod.

So you know, I have a friend that's also skilled in Java. If you need any help, let me know, I can put you in touch :) He is actually already trying to make it Vers 33 compatible, though I don't think he's got far. But you shouldn't have to work alone, you're important to us!

Btw, Jab, I'm relatively new to the world of Project Zomboid mods and such, I'm just curious how long/easy it is to go and make the ModelLoader updated?

It would be a while for anyone who does not have the source modifications and knowing where to place the modified code, so Anyone besides TIS staff (or me with my knowledge of that area of code I'm modifying), would take a little while. 

Btw, Jab, I'm relatively new to the world of Project Zomboid mods and such, I'm just curious how long/easy it is to go and make the ModelLoader updated?

It would be a while for anyone who does not have the source modifications and knowing where to place the modified code, so Anyone besides TIS staff (or me with my knowledge of that area of code I'm modifying), would take a little while. 

So, basically, even if he's a java pro he'd still need to know what to mess with for zomboid to make it interface. Guess we'll wait on you, Chief <3 Got a whole server waiting to let loose with updated models :)

Thank you so much, Jab. I really understand your concerns about PZ and the way your model is distributed. I'm sincerely glad that you would reconsider. ORGM is nothing without your work and although many players haven't said anything and may not even be aware that ORGM could be doomed, allow me in the name of all to thank you for reconsidering.

I'll be feverishly waiting for your decision.

• Kirrus locked this topic