[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

2 hours ago, stuffblastersithy said:

How do you install the mod itself? I should be asking where do I download it instead :P .  I clicked on the download link for 34.28 but I get the text page with download links in it. 

Follow the instructional video.  Back up your Zombie folder and then replace the folders in there.   Unless you are on a Mac.  Same thing, except it won't work if you copy whole folders.  You have to do it individually.

Well, this is disappointing Jab. It was nice to converse with you on Discord nonetheless.

I hope there is some resolution that can be made, after all its the player who will lose out on lack of the gun models after all :(

I am not going to get into discussions about community moderation here. 

I have edited the OP and the thread title to indicate the ModelLoader downloads are currently unavailable, so people don't get confused by the missing download links. My intent here is to make it less confusing or frustrating for end users, who at the end of the day are who I care about.

Edit: Jab, I appear to have broken the Spoilers. Sorry, I don't have time to fix them right now. I'll look into fixing them later. Honestly, sometimes I really do hate this forum software... 

Honestly, I'll put it like this:

I don't really want to take care of this mod. It was something of an experiment, and to help a couple friends who wanted to mod their models in it. It comes to me as no suprise how rudely I've been treated for voicing my opinions here. The messages I received today are of no concern to me. They only tell me the truth here. I don't care how you paint the picture. You took my hard work and threw it to the wall over personal issues that lie both internally, and business-wise. Feel free to do with what your plans are with this product, but I will tell you this: The community will always be the most important thing, and the most fragile balance to achieve. This is what's important. I put this here simply to prove this point. 

If you can put this into your game within an hour, which i think is more like 10 minutes to be honest, please do. I really don't see this mod as a bargaining chip for some lame excuse to be a part of the game's path forward-going. 

Please put this into the game in your own way, without my credit. I don't want credit for this mod. It's literally an appendage to your own API.

Please put this into the game in your own way, so people will not have to go through absurd means to using it. 

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Jab said:

Honestly, I'll put it like this:

I don't really want to take care of this mod. It was something of an experiment, and to help a couple friends who wanted to mod their models in it. It comes to me as no suprise how rudely I've been treated for voicing my opinions here. The messages I received today are of no concern to me. They only tell me the truth here. I don't care how you paint the picture. You took my hard work and threw it to the wall over personal issues that lie both internally, and business-wise. Feel free to do with what your plans are with this product, but I will tell you this: The community will always be the most important thing, and the most fragile balance to achieve. This is what's important. I put this here simply to prove this point. 

If you can put this into your game within an hour, which i think is more like 10 minutes to be honest, please do. I really don't see this mod as a bargaining chip for some lame excuse to be a part of the game's path forward-going. 

Please put this into the game in your own way, without my credit. I don't want credit for this mod. It's literally an appendage to your own API.

Please put this into the game in your own way, so people will not have to go through absurd means to using it. 

Thanks.

I have no idea what this sudden outburst of vitriol and anger is about. Honestly, I thought we were doing just fine with you. Nothing that I, nor any of the other mods have done has been aimed at you, or intended to hurt you in any way.

We honestly have been impressed with your work, and happy to have you here. Your recent activity in the past day has been confusing to me personally. Replacing the mod links silently with an open letter is at best, confusing for those who use your mod. As a moderator, I am bound to reduce this confusion, in the least conflict way possible. 

I'm going to take this as you abandoning this mod, and I'll update the title accordingly. If you'd like to update the OP, that would be useful, or I can if you'd rather.

Jab, I'm sorry to loose you as a modder in this way. To say I feel personally betrayed and hurt by your actions in the past 10 hours would be an understatement. 

Since we again have public laundry airing: This may have been due to a few home truths I PMed to Jab. I can understand his anger, I didn't pull any punches. it much mirrored my own anger when I read his petty public 'fuck TIS' post over a disagreement with a completely unofficial server that happens to share an admin with the TIS forums, whose been the target of unending harassment and vilification just because he wanted to maintain a 'rival' PZ server, something he did off his own back and at his own cost, and then condemning him for not wanting to actively promote the server the abuse originated from, or to deal with the abuse. This is therefore a justified reason to publicly state that TIS is not worthy of community support despite said server not being an official PZ server. As well as Jab using the opportunity to throw one of the kindest people I've ever met's heartfelt attempt to build bridges with him back in his face and paint it as some duplicitous act on the company's part. I'm sick of biting my tongue and cry no tears at Jab's alleged departure. Native moddable model loading will be integrated to the game soon with full workshop support and as Jab pointed out it won't take long to implement. 

If you cannot take care of real problems within your community, and let things linger, talk out of both sides of your mouth, and cannot take constructive criticism and concerns about the community as a whole, then I have no reason to continue supporting your project freely. I feel no obligation to thank, and I do not feel that people should thank me for my work. This has been a requested feature for your game, and I have done what I can to follow the rules set for this community, and still I feel like my throat has been slit, in light of my server being black-listed.

Do me a favor: take 10 minutes of your time to link your ModelManager to your LuaManager, and move on. Your community needs this feature. I have repeatedly stated throughout the history of ModelLoader that I would be glad if this were to be implemented, not even attributed.  Please do a favor and stop thinking about ModelLoader as my pride and joy. This was a quick fix to an issue, that I am surprised has not been taken care of. 

If you are surprised that I am acting this way, it is because I simply can't be silent about it anymore. I've been very patient with the situation. Stop PMing my players in private, and stop PMing me about your feelings. 

I asked to take care of this situation in private, and all I got were vague responses, and a very obfuscated attitude towards my work. My server is my work. I will stand by the decisions of my administrators, as they have supported me everyday. I have cheered them on, telling them that they deserve to choose their communities. I've had plenty of people disagree with me, and I've had people disagree with my work. I wrote mods like SledgeHammer to support people who disagree with me enough to write their own solutions.

I'm doing what's best for the interest of the people who have supported me, and have given me a reason to continue working in and around this community.

I'm shocked at the lack of support and respect for my community.

Edited by Jab

Despite me sympathizing entirely with the Redboid admins, I should point out again that Redboid is not an official server, the fact that one of its admins is involved in PZ support does not in any way mean it's officially affiliated with the company The Indie Stone, and we have no responsibility to involve ourselves in the politics surrounding it. And if we did we'd not be siding as you'd wish because I've seen endless vile stuff against the Redboid admins for the past year. 

talk out of both sides of your mouth

You're gone. Willfully deaf to what I explained in the PM and how mean spirited and nasty your recent outburst is and how unfair this insinuation is in light of the circumstances you claim duplicity about.

Jab, @Azzmunch is the owner of Terminus and @Lord Gonfalon is his admin. As both are predominately responsible for the falling out with Terminus, I warned them directly. I then apologized to you, knowing that you got caught up between us and  couldn't have been aware of the history the three of us share. It is unfortunate that you feel such affinity for them and feel you're a stakeholder in their server due to Sledgehammer.

Lord Gonfalon specifically tried to poach players from Redboid via private message. Please don't try to paint our informing your admins of a breakdown in communication and patience as harassing your "players."

• Kirrus locked this topic

As far as mods making "adverse claims" that may be aimed at me; if so, my claim was that your admin accused TIS of hacking your forum- something that he did do (even though he deleted it afterwords), which was backed up by a screenshot and shortly after his own admission. I don't harbor any ill-will towards him for the hasty mistake, but I also don't appreciate you saying we came on and made unsubstantiated claims.

Furthermore, in regards to your server being "blacklisted," I had a long, calm, and friendly chat with the admin of the server you're calling yours. We had things mostly worked out, and I told him that if everyone stayed friendly for a week or two we'd see about removing that. I would have been happy to talk to you at any time regarding it, and given that it's been quiet (as far as I know), I probably would have spoken up on your behalf and had that blacklist removed. All you had to do was talk to me. You have me on Discord (or had, I see you just kicked me as I was typing this) and on the forums. I'm available almost any time.

Given the circumstances, even if we didn't handle the situation perfectly, I find your accusations to be duplicitous at best. You had an avenue of communication (several, really) and rather than taking advantage of those you chose of your own volition to abandon that good will and paint this false picture of us. Needless to see, we're all disappointed and a fair bit confused. We appreciate everything you did for us, but given the amount of issues we've had in the past and this final straw, I think this is the end. Cheers.