[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

:???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???:

I didn't get the point.

Does it mean I need to make a new lua file to fill with the following codes?

-- The directory of the mod folder.

-- NOTE: (This is an added method in ModelLoader. This is not official API.)

dir = getDir(MOD_ID;

-- quick extension strings.

em = ".txt";

et = ".png";

name = "ar15";

locationModel = dir .. "/media/models/" .. "weapons_" .. name .. em;

locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. name .. et;

-- (model name , modelLocation, textureLocation )

loadStaticZomboidModel("weapons_" .. name, locationModel, locationTexture ) ;

Is there any requirement on the file name?

BTW, what does this mean?

Instructions:

Simply copy the 'zombie' folder in the main Project Zomboid install folder ("Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/"). Make sure to make a backup of the zombie folder, for in case you want to remove this mod. You can always verify your files using Steam. 

does this means that I need to make some modification over the original PZ files?

Yes. This is a core mod. You are overriding the original code of the game.

The lua example is an example of how to interface with these overrides. 'loadmodel' methods require a file, so I use getdir() to get to the mod folder to locate the model files in the mod subdirectories. 

Model files use .txt, however, if you want to load just weapons, you can use the obj format instead. 

Thank you.

So...where should I put for the new lua file I made for the new models? Just put in Users\Zomboid\mods\my mod\media\lua?

And where should I put the model files? In PZ installing directory or somewhere in the mod folder?

:???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???::???: :???:

I didn't get the point.

dir = getDir(MOD_ID;

em = ".txt";

et = ".png";

name = "ar15";

Instructions:

Simply copy the 'zombie' folder in the main Project Zomboid install folder ("Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/"). Make sure to make a backup of the zombie folder, for in case you want to remove this mod. You can always verify your files using Steam. 

does this means that I need to make some modification over the original PZ files?

The lua example is an example of how to interface with these overrides. 'loadmodel' methods require a file, so I use getdir() to get to the mod folder to locate the model files in the mod subdirectories. 

Model files use .txt, however, if you want to load just weapons, you can use the obj format instead. 

Thank you.

So...where should I put for the new lua file I made for the new models? Just put in Users\Zomboid\mods\my mod\media\lua?

And where should I put the model files? In PZ installing directory or somewhere in the mod folder?

Models can be in your mod folder. The rest is standard procedure. You can look at ORGM mod for reference. 

Edited by Jab

I didn't get the point.

dir = getDir(MOD_ID;

em = ".txt";

et = ".png";

name = "ar15";

Instructions:

Thank you.

Models can be in your mod folder. The rest is standard procedure. You can look at ORGM mod for reference. 

ok

Hey Jab, can you tell me anything about this? Trying to get my friend on my modded server and every time she tries to connect this shows up in her console.

http://i.imgur.com/vnoo1nS.png

That's the same error I was pointing out up above since build 32.30 was pushed to stable.

Essentially, something that ModelLoader is overriding was altered in 32.30 which ended up affecting server connections. If you were to tail your server logs for instance, you would never even see your friend attempt to connect. Basically with ModelLoader installed, this method: 

zombie.network.GameClient.doConnect

No longer exists, and it needs to in order to make a connection to the server.

Hey Jab, can you tell me anything about this? Trying to get my friend on my modded server and every time she tries to connect this shows up in her console.

http://i.imgur.com/vnoo1nS.png

That's the same error I was pointing out up above since build 32.30 was pushed to stable.

Essentially, something that ModelLoader is overriding was altered in 32.30 which ended up affecting server connections. If you were to tail your server logs for instance, you would never even see your friend attempt to connect. Basically with ModelLoader installed, this method: 

zombie.network.GameClient.doConnect

No longer exists, and it needs to in order to make a connection to the server.

Gotcha. I had already looked in my server logs and noticed that there was no evidence of her ever trying to connect, I just wasn't sure about the mechanics/cause behind it. Thanks for the info!

The odd thing is, I can connect to the server just fine. It's not hosted locally either, it's through Fragnet up in Chicago, I live down in the Deep South.

Hello, i just wanted to know if this works on mac osx? Because i can't find any zombie folder to replace in Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/ thank you

Not sure where steam hosts it. Maybe steam is in the /Applications/ directory for mac. You need to get to the Project Zomboid install folder and there should be a folder in there named 'zombie'. 

I found the 'zombie' folder in /Users/Me/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/Project Zomboid.app/Contents/Java but when I replace it , the game does not start .

Can't batch like you can in windows. hmm.. 

Not sure really how to attack that problem until I see stack traces.

Installation instructions were not very clear.

Due to the nature of the mod yes. If someone wants to make a tutorial video that's clear, concise, and clear with audio / speaking, I can throw it up in the OP. 

I simply haven't a minute to put in a walkthrough / guide for it. It's easier than the oldschool Minecraft jar injection / meta-inf deletions thing and I didn't hear *too* much complaining [/sarcasm] :D

Due to the nature of the mod yes. If someone wants to make a tutorial video that's clear, concise, and clear with audio / speaking, I can throw it up in the OP. 

I simply haven't a minute to put in a walkthrough / guide for it. It's easier than the oldschool Minecraft jar injection / meta-inf deletions thing and I didn't hear *too* much complaining [/sarcasm] :D

Hello, I thought you instructions were fairly simple, I also have access to clear recording software and a really good mic. I could record a tutorial for you and send it your way for pre-approval if you'd like?

Hello, I thought you instructions were fairly simple, I also have access to clear recording software and a really good mic. I could record a tutorial for you and send it your way for pre-approval if you'd like?

If you want to make one, you're more than welcome to. :)

For whatever reason I can't get this to work I tried installing it so I could use ORGM but none of the models are showing up in game and wont fire. Please help!

I installed the modelloader and ORGM but none of the gun models are showing up in game for some reason

For whatever reason I can't get this to work I tried installing it so I could use ORGM but none of the models are showing up in game and wont fire. Please help!

I installed the modelloader and ORGM but none of the gun models are showing up in game for some reason

Nevermind its working but several of the models are not working like the 93r pistol and a few others that I tried

hey dude, so i downloaded your mod and followed your instructional video to the letter and yet i still have problems with missing models for ormn's gun mod.. any suggestions?

What operating system do you use? What version? 32-bit and 64-bit should not matter. if you are using Windows (the platform i actually developed this on), right click the 'zombie' folder in the downloaded compressed zip file and paste it when you are inside your pz folder install (this means you are currently inside the Project Zomboid folder. You should be prompted with a choice to overwrite folders and files. Click yes to both (one or two, depending on the operating system). Depending on the version you are using (the most up-to-date version of both my mod and ORGM use 32.30). 

If for some reason you play a earlier version, check the change log for my mod as versions are listed.

• Kirrus locked this topic