[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

From what I hear, I've forgotten to take out some debug code for the recent push. I'll get to that later today. 

One thing I don't like about getting into modding is that when I sit down to actually play the game I always end up quitting and getting back to modding if I still have ideas in my head.

Think of it as another way to play the game. :)

I'm curious to know why this single modder has gotten farther at creating wearables then the actual devs have?

Anywho, it's looking good so far. I'm looking forward backpack's actuallyg visible on players.

Probably because a single modder can focus on one thing to the exclusion of others and can set their own priorities.

This isn't meant to trivialize Jab's work, being one of the only modders to get this far.

I'm curious to know why this single modder has gotten farther at creating wearables then the actual devs have?

Anywho, it's looking good so far. I'm looking forward backpack's actuallyg visible on players.

Probably because a single modder can focus on one thing to the exclusion of others and can set their own priorities.

This isn't meant to trivialize Jab's work, being one of the only modders to get this far.

While that's understandable, shouldn't something as important as visual feedback for being able to tell if someone is wearing a backpack, or is injured, or simply has a great looking hat "that you might want to take for yourself" be a bit more important? Or atleast give the community the ability to equip wearables, so we can substitute with our own artwork until an official solution/update happens?

I bought PZ back when it was a wee lassy. So I guess I'm just a bit surprised it's been so long without any major clothing related updates.

From what I hear, I've forgotten to take out some debug code for the recent push. I'll get to that later today. 

One thing I don't like about getting into modding is that when I sit down to actually play the game I always end up quitting and getting back to modding if I still have ideas in my head.

Think of it as another way to play the game. :)

I actually develop because I think it is as much fun as it is to actually play games :) The feeling of creating something is a whole different feeling from anything else. :) My friends always asks: "Why do you do that shit? Isn't it boring as f***?" No it is fun! It is amazing to see something functioning that you created yourself!

with the model loader it seems with the latest IWBUMS 32.21 because of the steam workshop integration and the changes to the main menu adding a new option it does not load up the menu anymore, so in otherwords you cant play with the modelloader for mods such a ORGM

with the model loader it seems with the latest IWBUMS 32.21 because of the steam workshop integration and the changes to the main menu adding a new option it does not load up the menu anymore, so in otherwords you cant play with the modelloader for mods such a ORGM

Any mods altering Java code are unlikely to function on any version except those its explicitly made for, in this case, 32.16, non-IWBUMS.

I'm thinking about organizing the models / textures folders when I get a moment. 

It's inconsistent. (E.G.: male.txt, kate.txt). 

I will probably need to derive the format as well, parsing out the animations portion of those two files, so more animations can be added in a modular fashion, without overwriting. 

There needs to be some serious changes to the format in order to support a lot of modability. Once I can read the format entirely, then modifications can be made. 

Hi Jab, I am a little confused of how this works, I installed your mod and ORGM gun mod but somehow the mod isnt in the mods box when I start PZ up, also what do I take from the folder, and where do I put it?

The installation is a bit different than other mods. Find the folder "Steam/Steamapps/common/projectzomboid/zombie" or wherever you have the game placed, and overwrite it with the "zombie" folder that comes with ModelLoader. It shouldn't show up in the mods list, but if your guns have models, its working.

Its also suggested to back up your zombie folder somewhere in the event something breaks.

So I replace the zombie folder with the zombie folder in the ModelLoader file? Also what do I do with the media file?

Everything you get in the ModelLoader archive goes into the base zomboid folder, meaning overwrite the original media folder.

Do I copy and paste the folder from this download into my steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid folder or into the steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/zombie folder?

the zombie folder should be pasted into the project zomboid, as the contents of my zombie folder should overwrite the existing files inside the original zombie folder.

Perhaps I'll write a simple txt for the mod. I keep forgetting

I installed this and ORGM last night and have been having problems with dead zombies showing up as black/textured squares.

I'm running 32.16, only really tested in my own multiplayer server, a friend who was playing with me was having the same problem.  I have no other mods installed, just ORGM and ModelLoader.

Restarting the game and/or server doesn't change anything so I deleted the whole zombie folder and verified the cache on Steam to restore it, this made the bodies appear as normal again so I reinstalled the mod, the bodies continued to appear as normal, the first few zombies I killed after reinstalling ModelLoader appeared normally though it quickly reverted to showing them as squares again.

I was able to replicate the problem in singleplayer as well, it may be triggered by either killing large amounts of zombies in a short time or by having too many bodies in the area/on screen.  Either way, once the problem first occurs every zombie killed then starts appearing as a square even when killed far away from where the problem first occured.

The console logs this several hundred times:

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureFBO.<init>(TextureFBO.java:197)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas$Atlas.<init>(DeadBodyAtlas.java:59)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas.getBodyTexture(DeadBodyAtlas.java:109)    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.render(IsoDeadBody.java:948)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.renderCharacters(IsoGridSquare.java:5497)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:827)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4759)    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:2121)    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe(IngameState.java:773)    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:917)    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:37)    at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:676)    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1180)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:982)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

As well as:

java.lang.NullPointerException    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:758)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1351)    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1311)    at zombie.iso.ChunkSaveWorker.Update(ChunkSaveWorker.java:108)    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:124)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)java.lang.NullPointerException    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:765)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1351)    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1311)    at zombie.iso.ChunkSaveWorker.Update(ChunkSaveWorker.java:108)    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:124)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

And:

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureFBO.swapTexture(TextureFBO.java:425)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas.toBodyAtlas(DeadBodyAtlas.java:296)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureDraw.run(TextureDraw.java:319)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer$StateRun.render(SpriteRenderer.java:563)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.render(SpriteRenderer.java:521)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.add(SpriteRenderer.java:233)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.build(SpriteRenderer.java:986)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.postRender(SpriteRenderer.java:1039)    at zombie.core.opengl.RenderThread$1.run(RenderThread.java:92)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Apologies if this has already been reported, I didn't see it in the thread.

I installed this and ORGM last night and have been having problems with dead zombies showing up as black/textured squares.

I'm running 32.16, only really tested in my own multiplayer server, a friend who was playing with me was having the same problem.  I have no other mods installed, just ORGM and ModelLoader.

Restarting the game and/or server doesn't change anything so I deleted the whole zombie folder and verified the cache on Steam to restore it, this made the bodies appear as normal again so I reinstalled the mod, the bodies continued to appear as normal, the first few zombies I killed after reinstalling ModelLoader appeared normally though it quickly reverted to showing them as squares again.

I was able to replicate the problem in singleplayer as well, it may be triggered by either killing large amounts of zombies in a short time or by having too many bodies in the area/on screen.  Either way, once the problem first occurs every zombie killed then starts appearing as a square even when killed far away from where the problem first occured.

The console logs this several hundred times:

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureFBO.<init>(TextureFBO.java:197)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas$Atlas.<init>(DeadBodyAtlas.java:59)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas.getBodyTexture(DeadBodyAtlas.java:109)    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.render(IsoDeadBody.java:948)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.renderCharacters(IsoGridSquare.java:5497)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:827)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4759)    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:2121)    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe(IngameState.java:773)    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:917)    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:37)    at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:676)    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1180)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:982)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

As well as:

java.lang.NullPointerException    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:758)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1351)    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1311)    at zombie.iso.ChunkSaveWorker.Update(ChunkSaveWorker.java:108)    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:124)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)java.lang.NullPointerException    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:765)    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1351)    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1311)    at zombie.iso.ChunkSaveWorker.Update(ChunkSaveWorker.java:108)    at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$1.run(WorldStreamer.java:124)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

And:

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureFBO.swapTexture(TextureFBO.java:425)    at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.DeadBodyAtlas.toBodyAtlas(DeadBodyAtlas.java:296)    at zombie.core.textures.TextureDraw.run(TextureDraw.java:319)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer$StateRun.render(SpriteRenderer.java:563)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.render(SpriteRenderer.java:521)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.add(SpriteRenderer.java:233)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.build(SpriteRenderer.java:986)    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.postRender(SpriteRenderer.java:1039)    at zombie.core.opengl.RenderThread$1.run(RenderThread.java:92)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Apologies if this has already been reported, I didn't see it in the thread.

Thanks for the stacktraces. I'll take a look into it soon. For now, you can use the previous version below it (Should be 32.16) and it will work. 

Did you also copy the media folder from the mod folder and overwrite the files there? I added a shader. It could possibly be a setting somewhere. 

Yes, all files in 1.09 of ModelLoader are installed.  I'm currently running the stable branch as provided by Steam (32.16), not IWBUMS.

I'll play around with the settings a bit and see if there's any effect.

Thank you for your input and patience. The version behind ModelLoader's current version (V1.06) should work just fine for your situation, as ORGM developed his mod using a version around that.

The link to V1.06 can be downloaded here: 

https://www.mediafire.com/?kdu59bwwhvw5cv5

• 2 weeks later...