[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

Hm damn ... apparently this was added to the game (you can find it in the source dir in PZLicense.txt):

Restrictions. Licensee may not without expressed permission from The Indie Stone, and may not permit others to:(a) reverse engineer, decompile, decode, decrypt, disassemble, or in any way derive source code from, the Software;(b) modify, translate, adapt, alter, or create derivative works from the Software using decompiled source code;(c) copy (other than one back-up copy), distribute, publicly display, transmit, sell, rent, lease or otherwise exploit the Software; or(d) distribute, sublicense, rent, lease, loan [or grant any third party access to or use of] the Software to any third party.
So basically we have two contradicting licenses here ^^

I actually notified this contradiction back in January to EnigmaGrey via IRC about it. He said he would pass this up-stream to the developers, however, I haven't seen any changes to this as well. 

This license actually states that 'source code' is arbitrarily defined, so this entire mod forum is technically a breach in contract. It's too ambiguous, and can hold up in various courts. I'd hate to see that happen. I'd rather have a clearly defined EULA. 

When in doubt, email the devs. I did this for both my server project, and asked permission for the release of the "NoFireSpread" hotpatch. 

Edited by Jab

Those zombies look vaguely 2d, did you figure out animations and those damn sprites, or am I seeing things?

Upon achieving an additional rendered model for a given character, I was surprised to find out that modeled characters (when dying), continue to show the last frame of the model render (possibly as rastered frame reference).

I did not do 2D sprites though. 

Those zombies look vaguely 2d, did you figure out animations and those damn sprites, or am I seeing things?

Upon achieving an additional rendered model for a given character, I was surprised to find out that modeled characters (when dying), continue to show the last frame of the model render (possibly as rastered frame reference).

Oh well, no problem. The hats falling off is a nice side-effect, though. I wonder how it'll work with packs.

Oh well, no problem. The hats falling off is a nice side-effect, though. I wonder how it'll work with packs.

Actually it was an offset of the female's matrix transforms, and the hats were floating around in odd patterns. Looked cool when they died, though. Could always animate the head-nub in the future (there's another bone parenting the head that could be useful.

Actually it was an offset of the female's matrix transforms, and the hats were floating around in odd patterns. Looked cool when they died, though. Could always animate the head-nub in the future (there's another bone parenting the head that could be useful.
On that note, are male/female hats differentiate like the existing clothes, or one-size-fits-all?

On that note, are male/female hats differentiate like the existing clothes, or one-size-fits-all? 

Well for now I might have to do a m_ f_ for male / female, due to the nature of the models and how things are set up. This does not mean that pairs of the same model can be created. You would need to go to each gender model and weight-paint them onto the head bone, then export them. 

Also, Im thinking of adding an ArrayList inside of IsoGameCharacter that is a list of models to load, and can be self-managed via lua.

Did you happen to figure out the strange lateral mirroring that was going on with the Blender exporter?

And any chance of texture overlays for things that fit too closely to render as a full fledged model like gloves and shoes?

Edit: And while I'm throwing things at the wall, an overcoat/vest slot would fix a lot of the problems I'm currently having trying to get jackets to look good. Would also let tactical vests and the like fit over existing clothes without eating up slots for backpacks or whatever.

Did you happen to figure out the strange lateral mirroring that was going on with the Blender exporter?

I noticed that issue yeah. I may have fixed it, just kept forgetting to push the update.

And any chance of texture overlays for things that fit too closely to render as a full fledged model like gloves and shoes?

That would require more, possibly more complex work, to accomplish. Maybe a solution could be texture overrides. 

Edit: And while I'm throwing things at the wall, an overcoat/vest slot would fix a lot of the problems I'm currently having trying to get jackets to look good. Would also let tactical vests and the like fit over existing clothes without eating up slots for backpacks or whatever.

I'll probably make listeners on the render method for existing slots for things, to override other pre-existing clothing parts when wearing both. 

And another thing that came up while struggling with texturing, will the color pallates from the base clothes work? (Manually coloring every variation on a shirt is going to be an absolute pain otherwise). With an option to ignore it, of course, so no one ends up finding bright pink ballistic vests :P

And another thing that came up while struggling with texturing, will the color pallates from the base clothes work? (Manually coloring every variation on a shirt is going to be an absolute pain otherwise). With an option to ignore it, of course, so no one ends up finding bright pink ballistic vests :P

The code responsible for setting colors actually desaturates the values by half. my color maps don't. Every time you add a model to my HashMaps, you can pass a Float[3] array of colors. You control your saturation. 

Hello there seems to be a problem with this on the new build 32.20 as to where you overwrite the Zombie folder there is no menue butons at the startscreen with the man holding the woman. When I re replace the zombiefile with the original again it works as normal.

Updated ModelLoader to Version 1.08.

This version modifies a lot more now, upgrading the openGL shaders to support more than 4 bone weights per vertex for more complex model animation / movement.

There is also custom additional clothing API in the works. 

Hello there seems to be a problem with this on the new build 32.20 as to where you overwrite the Zombie folder there is no menue butons at the startscreen with the man holding the woman. When I re replace the zombiefile with the original again it works as normal.

Sorry. This build is not IWBUMS. I will not upgrade to IWBUMS unless I have to for some unholy reason. I'm suprised this isn't 33 IWBUMS tbh. No consistency. 

I'm suprised this isn't 33 IWBUMS tbh. No consistency.

Wut
Meh, Jab's correct, considering how long build 32 has been out, and how long the IWBUMS builds have been stable, not including this week's Steam - related stuff.

I expected we'd be on 33 by now myself, but TIS just doesn't work like that.

So with the hats floatin around at crazy angles when on a woman, i noticed the same thing when I put one of Kate's hair on Bob, without messing with the weights. Or a beard on Kate. I assume it's a weight issue, but then again I don't know shit about this subject.

-edit

To caveat this, I also put one of my custom models, which was a modified beard that included a backpack, on Kate and only the beard went crazy. This leads me to believe that only stuff weighted to the head will go crazy when crossing the gender gap. More testing needs to be done.

One thing I don't like about getting into modding is that when I sit down to actually play the game I always end up quitting and getting back to modding if I still have ideas in my head.

So with the hats floatin around at crazy angles when on a woman, i noticed the same thing when I put one of Kate's hair on Bob, without messing with the weights. Or a beard on Kate. I assume it's a weight issue, but then again I don't know shit about this subject.

Different armatures, different technical rotations / offsets.

One has to be assigned for each model (male / female)..