Whats next?

King jjwpenguin

What Update next?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What update should be next?

You know, all of these have been discussed. NPCs are coming when they're ready. Same with vehicles. Weps are pretty much finished to my understanding. Building IS coming in the next update (Moving furniture) and traits aren't fully balanced yet. So clothing would be nice :)

This poll feels a bit... imperative. I think the devs will be choosing their own priorities, as different features have different development times (specially NPCs). It's ok if you want to ask the community, but I would rename the poll to "What do you think should be the next update?"

the Devs are the ones who decide what comes next, not some random poll

but it would be fair to assume that NPC's will not be in Build 33

new weapons have not been talked about by the Devs in a while

new clothing is just a random thing in the forum lately

vehicles, like NPC's, will only come when they are ready and working perfectly in SP AND in MP

and building is a topic that really does not come up as often as it has in the past

so the only right answer here is "Other"

No animation vote?

sorry. i had not considered that. 

vehicles, like NPC's, will only come when they are ready and working perfectly in SP AND in MP

and building is a topic that really does not come up as often as it has in the past

I know that we dont decide but i just want to hear what the community wants. i also just wanted to see what everyone is hyped about. It helps me focus my suggestions and i dont ever see things like this so i figured it would be nice. I just wanted to hear the community speak. 

We can all dream, can't we? We are nothing if not for dreaming of what cannot easily be achieved...

Psshh, how stupid does that sound?  :P

4.gif

and finally i dont think that is stupid at all. One of my dreams is to help this game in any way i can. followed closely by having a street legal bathtub.

I would like to see NPC animals.

Befriending a stray dog (various breeds) would be pretty cool. Dogs could become very loyal in a sense over time after feeding and sheltering them when your travelling around the towns mabey they attack (holding the zombie) and distract (aggro) the zombie(s) distracting them so you can finish them off perhaps or simply a small window to bypass a group ?

Also... A small chance that the zombies kill your dog would make things more realistic and unique so your actions could have some serious consequences for your new found pal!  A right click option would be to "call dog" so they return safely too stay close to you but after so much time has passed perhaps they stray off a bit like all dogs tend to do haha. Once they start to kinda wonder off you can "call dog' to have him stay by you again, they will NEVER leave you but they will stray too far at times jeapordizing the safety between the two of yas sorta thing.  just my two cents! =)

I know that we dont decide but i just want to hear what the community wants. i also just wanted to see what everyone is hyped about. It helps me focus my suggestions and i dont ever see things like this so i figured it would be nice. I just wanted to hear the community speak. 

lol, no need for a poll for that, they want ALL OF THE ABOVE, and more

asap, like...yesterday

lol, no need for a poll for that, they want ALL OF THE ABOVE, and more

asap, like...yesterday

still. its a thing.

While I don't feel that this will be the next update, it's what I want the most in-game right now (especially while we wait for the big stuff like full blown NPCs, vehicles, map expansions and system overhauls/upgrades).

I personally really want animals in the game. Deer, rabbits, bears, wolfs, dogs, even some farm animals like cows, chickens and goats. There could even be pigs that once released from their pens long enough would turn feral and go full wild boar.

Not only do I feel like this would round out some cool stuff for farming/cooking with cows, chickens and stuff but it would really make hunting a thing and give me a reason to risk using guns before NPCs are in.

I'm always trying to go full mountain man, live off the land guy in Project Zomboid and the one thing that's still missing is being able to go out and hunt deer, rabbits or other wildlife. We have fishing, trapping and even foraging now but hunting live game would really make this kind of play style way more fun and really round it out as well.

I dream of trekking through the Zomboid wilderness looking for deer and rabbits to shoot while on a fishing trip to the nearby river/creek only to get jumped by a bear or a pack of Zeds sneaking up on me :D Not to mention dealing with wolf packs and the possible boars out by farm land :)

In reality I'm hoping/thinking the new sneaking and animation system gets in on the next big update. I would love to peak around corners and stuff to avoid these new zombie packs that are so common in build 32 but hunting and wildlife will really make the Project Zomboid map so much more fun when leaving the city/town areas.

Anyway, that's my two cents on most desired features and what I'm guessing is actually coming next. With that said, I fully support this game and the devs with whatever path they take to 1.0 and love the constant updates and mondoids along the way. Keep up the great work! <3s!