Statistics after Death / Memorial Wall/Diary

Collophonius

After surviving more than 2 days with one character I usually get overly emotionally connected. Whenever the character dies I feel sad (like really sad) and I wish there was a place to remember the horribly great moments: finally finding the long missed trowel, fortifing the safe house, the mall visit, patching up the broken leg and scratched arm, death, ...

My suggestion:

A Diary of the Dead that shows you a ton of statistics about your character after death / in main menu to look at and compare/share. You click on "Diary" and see the story of your vanished characters.

Most data is already gathered in-game but only available while character is alive:

- name, picture of character

- days survived

- traits, jobs, ...

- killed zombies

- skills

- health status

etc

additionally I suggest

- most used weapon

- most consumed food

- health status over time / scars

Maybe a timechart that shows some important moments: injuries, first farming success, first crafted rain collector,...

All this could also be supported by pictures/screenshots, say the safe house (place where char slept most) or the place of death. Or a short video of the last 10 in-game-sec beofre death?

The Diary could be optional / the player could be asked after character death if he/she/x wants to keep the diary (the stats) and save them.

What you think about it?

Oh, maybe I did not explain it well enough:

My suggestion is:

The whole process is coded and works in the background.
While you play the data is gathered (mostly counting, days, uses of weapons etc) and pictures are taken (for example after 4 nights in the same bed creates a pictures of the house or something similar).

All automatic, all for your convinience.

After the char dies you can look into the diary and see the stats and pictures taken (by the code). And cry. Cry long and hard about Pete and Anna and Robert and their bits and pieces. I especially like the idea of remembering the cause of death in all detail. (oh, that sounds weird ...)

Seems like a pretty big thing to put in, I second the sentiment though. Maybe something shareable in game, like a tombstone spawned on a player's death noting their time of death, zombie kills and highest skill? Keep it simple, but let us have our wall/hall/graveyard of fame/shame?

+1 to full diary. I imagine it would require a lot of coding tho, but it would certainly be nice.

In the meantime you can do like my friend and me: We've been memorialising each other when one dies by grabbing the keys off his body and displaying them at home, and when we can, dig a "tomb" for the body (just stick the body on a dirt tile and stick a sign on top) with a brief history of his death carved on it.

• 3 months later...