Fallout fans rejoice!

I think I'm going to wait for more info before I let myself get excited but it's still cool that it's finally been announced.

And clearly someone did want to set the world on fire what with the nuclear devestation and all, I suppose they thought it wasn't appropriate anymore.

It's good news but I'd be more hyped if I knew Obsidian was behind it rather than Bethesda, while I love Bethesda's games and the worlds they create I always find the stories they try to tell generic and boring to tears. Probably why I only ever beat the main story line in most of their games only once (and instantly forgot what it was about) while I beat New Vegas about 5+ times.

We'll see whom we'll have to find this time. Our mom? :P

We will start the game by escaping the vault a to look for our dog which escaped it, and then the adventure will begin. Theory based on how the trailer focused on the dog a lot.

Or maybe, just maybe, we'll play as the dog.

It's good news but I'd be more hyped if I knew Obsidian was behind it rather than Bethesda, while I love Bethesda's games and the worlds they create I always find the stories they try to tell generic and boring to tears. Probably why I only ever beat the main story line in most of their games only once (and instantly forgot what it was about) while I beat New Vegas about 5+ times.

Yup. This is exactly why I'm not getting excited just yet.

I don't know why people are "oh dear"ing because Bethesda are making it. Todd Howard is making Fallout 4 and to be perfectly honest he could remake Pong and replace the paddles with lumps of poo and the ball with a superimposed image of Justin Bieber's sphincter whilst the music is an unstoppable looped version of the Nyan Cat theme and I'd still probably buy and play it.

The guy got three super hits in a row with Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Trust me when I say that Fallout 4 is going to rock!!

Very excited!!

I don't know why people are "oh dear"ing because Bethesda are making it. Todd Howard is making Fallout 4 and to be perfectly honest he could remake Pong and replace the paddles with lumps of poo and the ball with a superimposed image of Justin Bieber's sphincter whilst the music is an unstoppable looped version of the Nyan Cat theme and I'd still probably buy and play it.

The guy got three super hits in a row with Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Trust me when I say that Fallout 4 is going to rock!!

Very excited!!

We're not oh dearing, We WILL play the shit out of it, we WILL sink hundreds of hours into it. But tell me with a straight face that Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas in terms of atmosphere and story. They literally have ONE story to tell in EVERY game. "You're the chosen one, go save the fking world" and they tell it in such an obviously stupid way that it hurts.

Granted, that's basically the plot of Fallout 2 but come on, it's not 1998, we need something more than being basically Jesus in every single game. 

I want to fuck the world over by letting Caesar win!

I did in fact prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas. Simpler and less mad. Didn't like the whole Caesar's Legion and Gambling Town feel as it made the game feel kinda gimmicky and, for me, broke the immersion. Of course you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I did find Fallout 3 to be more fun (the beginning reveal, your first zombie, your first Super Mutant, all these moments are seared on my mind). Fallout Vegas to me just relied on being extremely kooky (although I did like Lily).

Also isn't the premise in most video games that you are the chosen/one/jesus/saviour of the universe??

I did in fact prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas. Simpler and less mad. Didn't like the whole Caesar's Legion and Gambling Town feel as it made the game feel kinda gimmicky and, for me, broke the immersion. Of course you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I did find Fallout 3 to be more fun (the beginning reveal, your first zombie, your first Super Mutant, all these moments are seared on my mind). Fallout Vegas to me just relied on being extremely kooky (although I did like Lily).

Also isn't the premise in most video games that you are the chosen/one/jesus/saviour of the universe??

Well, my opinion is probably based on the fact New Vegas was basically Van Buren realized :P I see how it might look silly having basically a Roman Legion in a post apocalypse but personally, I do like it and understand why it's there, it's all explained well enough for me. Which I can't say about fking Vampires in F3.

And yes, it is, but Bethesda games are too obvious about it for my taste. While they toned it down in Fallout 3 the ending was still predictable as hell with little to no choice (Because, seriously, who would listen to Enclave's AI) while in New Vegas I found some reason to support every faction.

Either way, hyped or not, we'll all love it because damn I've waited long enough to get back into Fallout's world.  

Very excited!!

Nothing wrong with FO3, I put over 1000 hours into it, but if it was done like New Vegas you'd have been able to say F-U to the BoS and join the Enclave, with probably another couple mini factions thrown in. That and the companions would have had some actual backstory and some sidequests attached to them. In RPGs I'm looking more for story driven gameplay than what's essentially a sandbox with a bit of story here and there like you see in the TES games.

It's been to long, my friend!  I missed the super mutants and rad scorpions, my pip-boy, and my faithful companions.

Seriously, it's been way to long.  My internet is horrid enough it won't load the video, or anything really, so would you guys mind telling me, is it able to be pre-ordered yet?  And does it state an estimated release date?

It's been to long, my friend!  I missed the super mutants and rad scorpions, my pip-boy, and my faithful companions.

Seriously, it's been way to long.  My internet is horrid enough it won't load the video, or anything really, so would you guys mind telling me, is it able to be pre-ordered yet?  And does it state an estimated release date?

No, it's just a teaser trailer.

Yes to pre order, no to release date.

I did get the trailer to play (7 minutes for a 3 minute video!  woot!)  but does anyone know what location it might be in?  Any suspicions? 

It's Boston due to the Paul Revere statue and the state house (plus some other monuments, but I don't know what they are.) being visible in the trailer.

Yes to pre order, no to release date.

Prevailing theory is October for release of this year. Date announcement at E3.

Anybody get why people are saying FO3 and FO4 look exactly the same aesthetically? They look nothing alike, IMO.

Same low-ish poly graphics that indicate the GameBro (or whatever they changed its name to, this time) back-end, with its characteristic weird-ass shadows. Not really anything wrong with that, just a little underwhelming aesthetically.

Anybody get why people are saying FO3 and FO4 look exactly the same aesthetically? They look nothing alike, IMO.

Same low-ish poly graphics that indicate the GameBro (or whatever they changed its name to, this time) back-end, with its characteristic weird-ass shadows. Not really anything wrong with that, just a little underwhelming aesthetically.

The Creation Engine.

Yes in some aspects aesthetically it's a little dissapointing, but the fact they are injecting (a lot of?) colour into the game makes me happy. The greyish/green of Fallout 3 really kind of dragged me down (even though I understand the reasoning for it.)

Thought I was the only one. Haha.

Archived