REQUEST: Build 32 - Burn Corpses Safely or Just Delete Them

Wveth

With Build 32, it's virtually impossible to burn corpses without destroying the entire known world.  So I'd like a fix to this.

Maybe something that just takes the sheet of paper, lighter and gas and uses them appropriately, but just transform the corpse into the ash pile, skipping the fire part altogether.

Or perhaps just a right-click and "delete corpse" option.  Really need this for my role-playing game I'm doing.  Thanks to anyone who shows interest! ^_^

With Build 32, it's virtually impossible to burn corpses without destroying the entire known world.  So I'd like a fix to this.

Maybe something that just takes the sheet of paper, lighter and gas and uses them appropriately, but just transform the corpse into the ash pile, skipping the fire part altogether.

Or perhaps just a right-click and "delete corpse" option.  Really need this for my role-playing game I'm doing.  Thanks to anyone who shows interest! ^_^

Screw that! THE WOLRD EXISTS BECAUSE I ALLOW IT AND THE WORLD SHALL BURN INTO THE ASHES OF FORGOTTEN HISTORY BECAUSE I DEMAND IT! Just kidding.

I just make a Campfire, place all the corpses on it, light it and bodies turn to ash, nothing around it ever burned and I disposed of hundreds of zeds this way. It's a pain to carry them to it but it's safer then just making a big o'l pile of rotting corpses and set it ablaze with gasoline.

Burying ever single body would be a real pain in the arse but I'd like to have that mechanic, when NPCs come in so I can properly bury them if I liked them. With the option of carving their name into a plank and placing it on the grave.

Burying ever single body would be a real pain in the arse but I'd like to have that mechanic, when NPCs come in so I can properly bury them if I liked them. With the option of carving their name into a plank and placing it on the grave.

Ah yes "Phillip" a fine collection for my graveyard 

I just make a Campfire, place all the corpses on it, light it and bodies turn to ash, nothing around it ever burned and I disposed of hundreds of zeds this way. It's a pain to carry them to it but it's safer then just making a big o'l pile of rotting corpses and set it ablaze with gasoline.

I second this.

Maybe even have a graveyard put in game?

And you can go grave robbing if you wish to do so.

Definitely.  I'd also LOVE a way to get rid of ash piles.  If you survive long enough, either the corpses themselves or the ash piles are going to just stack up.  EVENTUALLY it will start affecting your game, right?

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv1cz0oq9fvnhlk/BuryCorpsesENG.rar?dl=0

I made this awhile ago, it shouldn't have issues with the lastest build, If it does, please let me know.

You basically just need a shovel (spade) and click on the body to have the context menu option.

I'm not really a modder, so don't judge the code x) I hope it's stable.

Edit : You can bury everywhere, even in buildings... I wanted it to be only on grass, but i haven't figured out how.

I tried it and it is exactly what I need.  Definitely would prefer a more lore-friendly version down the road, but for now the role-playing with it is great.  Finally no more insane piles of corpses or ashes.  Thank you very much! :D

• 1 month later...

Burying ever single body would be a real pain in the arse but I'd like to have that mechanic, when NPCs come in so I can properly bury them if I liked them.

In Age Of Empires, dead bodys turn from skeletons into dust and then dust fade away after time. I miss this natural feature in PZ.

patch1.2-pop1000a.png

I second this.

Maybe even have a graveyard put in game?

And you can go grave robbing if you wish to do so.

- Implement burying corpses

- Have infected recently deceased break up from their shallow grave