Different verses for different deaths :P

Mike4Life

I was wondering if you could implement verses from the Bible, and different ones show up depending on how you die. For example, if you get angry while talking to an npc and start a fight and lose, this could appear:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 4:29

Just putting it out there....

I was wondering if you could implement verses from the Bible, and different ones show up depending on how you die. For example, if you get angry while talking to an npc and start a fight and lose, this could appear:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 4:29

Just putting it out there....

It's an interesting idea, I guess. I just don't see it adding much to the game.

Also if we're going to have bible verses in this game I demand quotes from the Qur'an, the Torah, the Book Of Mormon, the Mahaburata, etc. Do you get where I'm going with this?

I agree.

If anything, it takes away from the game.

Why add verses from a fictitious religious text to the game?

Also, as I see it, beginning the game with "This is how you died" not only implies your inevitable death, but also implies that it has already happened, and this is a reflection or look into the past - which some quote of any sort when you died would make more sense to me to be at the start of the game, not the other end...

I would say It's an interesting idea, but if you starting adding religious quotes into the game it's gonna start causing fights among the community. I know personally I wouldn't like to see religious text in the game, no offense intended.

If this idea were to be added into the game it would have to be generic text like:

"Perhaps picking fights with others was not the wisest choice in the world...

You survived: <Years Months Days Hours>"

"It was only a matter of time before they got you, now it's your turn to wander the streets of <map name>...

"The burning sensation of infection sweeps over you, now you too may go forth and spread this plague...

"With supplies so scares i guess zombies weren't the only thing you could die from...

"Parched of thirst you fall to the ground, not even rain water could save you....

"Did you forget that the smallest microbes can be just as deadly as the dead?....

Or if the game cannot determine what you were killed by:

"Alas you could only forgo the inevitable for so long...

If your intent on religious text I'm sure the strings can be stored at a separate mod able file. that way anyone can have any death message they like.

Courtousy warning: If this thread devolves into religion bashing, all involved will pay dearly.

Now, continue on with the merriment and joy.

Well, Realmkeeper said ''Why add verses from a fictitious religious text to the game?'' That is rather atheist, regardless of whether or not he crossed fictitious out.

I agree.

If anything, it takes away from the game.

Why add verses from a fictitious religious text to the game?

Also, as I see it, beginning the game with "This is how you died" not only implies your inevitable death, but also implies that it has already happened, and this is a reflection or look into the past - which some quote of any sort when you died would make more sense to me to be at the start of the game, not the other end...

crossing things out to make a point is pathetic witty and intelligent.