Clothing

King jjwpenguin

I don't think we would need all these "overlayering" mechanics. Like this would too much time that it's worth it, for example having a t-shirt on a shirt isn't so bad, but having jacket under t-shirt is, so they would need to make this onlogicial (that same - for every overlayerning) or program a medium amount of connections - not worth it.

This may sound like a lot of really useless things to add to the current build, but I actually love it.

So far, the clothing and temperature system is pretty... Basic. Not bad, but boring.

I would love to see a variety of clothing with actual uses being brought in, it would make packing spare clothes useful under certain circumstances. I already do that, but it's just for the sake of my own immersion, and it often times just ends up with me tearing them into bandages or crafting them into ropes.

On a slightly different note... Maybe update the way towels dry off.

This may sound like a lot of really useless things to add to the current build, but I actually love it.

So far, the clothing and temperature system is pretty... Basic. Not bad, but boring.

I would love to see a variety of clothing with actual uses being brought in, it would make packing spare clothes useful under certain circumstances. I already do that, but it's just for the sake of my own immersion, and it often times just ends up with me tearing them into bandages or crafting them into ropes.

On a slightly different note... Maybe update the way towels dry off.

i figured that would be along the same lines of how you would dry clothes on a clothes line or in a dryer. 

???

good list but it only covers clothing values where mine also covers armor and other things. i must admit you have some good points i never thought of.

Yeah I know I'm just adding on to what you have

ah ok. didn't understand and i thought you where thinking i copied you and where annoyed about it.

???

good list but it only covers clothing values where mine also covers armor and other things. i must admit you have some good points i never thought of.

ah ok. didn't understand and i thought you where thinking i copied you and where annoyed about it.

I usually don't mind when people post the same topic idea, because that means that they want the same thing

However, if the Devs gave that person credit for it instead of me I might be a little miffed  ;)

???

I usually don't mind when people post the same topic idea, because that means that they want the same thing

However, if the Devs gave that person credit for it instead of me I might be a little miffed  ;)

i see your point. i just really wanted this to be in the game. this was in my head way before your post and was in notebooks since the very early builds. but anyway i will have to say you did have good ideas. still i had not seen it until now. sorry for anything that i may have copied if so.

Just because someone hasn't posted in twelve hours means absolutely nothing.

i know but i had reasons as well as to try and keep it alive. it was about 1/2 way down the list and i know it will eventually disappear in the forums but i don't want to see it go yet. but anyway i still think i have covered just about everything clothing wise with a use. anything i may be missing?

• 2 weeks later...

We need to keep this post up ! I think we really need more clothing !

i wanted to as well but didn't want to be the guy spamming comments just so it stays at the top. i also would like some real feedback on this topic as well. I feel like i am missing something but i cant think of anything.

In my opinion you got everything covered. We just have to wait for our lovely devs to see all that and heading their way to a clothing overhaul !

But for that We got to pinned this topic up to clearly state the community will.

Dont worry i'll be the spamming guy of this topic, i want more clothing so bad !

In my opinion you got everything covered. We just have to wait for our lovely devs to see all that and heading their way to a clothing overhaul !

But for that We got to pinned this topic up to clearly state the community will.

Dont worry i'll be the spamming guy of this topic, i want more clothing so bad !

i do as well but spamming comments will bring negative attention and last thing i want to do is get banned and my ideas be lost forever. (Until i make a 2nd account. (fedora) )

Well, it's not called spamming if you talk about the OP... is it?

So I was thinking about how different NPC factions, specifically raiders, will develop their own clothing style, like, a motorcycle club with leather jackets, truckers with trucker hats and the like, gangbangers with gold necklaces and shades, military will have their own uniforms, and there could be a faction with tonnes of armoured, like, full-on "anti-zombie" gear and helmets, gloves, steel-toe boots, etc.

Well, it's not called spamming if you talk about the OP... is it?

So I was thinking about how different NPC factions, specifically raiders, will develop their own clothing style, like, a motorcycle club with leather jackets, truckers with trucker hats and the like, gangbangers with gold necklaces and shades, military will have their own uniforms, and there could be a faction with tonnes of armoured, like, full-on "anti-zombie" gear and helmets, gloves, steel-toe boots, etc.

i feel that clothing styles should have subtle effects on people and also change how people view them. Military would strike fear into weaker or less daring raiders while others may see it as a source and be more aggressive. Then if you where in just basic clothing you wouldn't seem as suspicious as someone with a ski mask on. This would give reason not to wear things like flip flops with military gear for fear of losing that simple fear factor. Now with winter wearing a puffy jacket over that uniform would be great but if you are only protected by the fear from the uniform, covering it may make some more likely to attack you.