Clothing

King jjwpenguin

it would be nice. but i hope that those 4 years of work don't disappoint.

I know that feel.

well back on the topic of clothing. i wonder if the NPC's before the apocalypse will have a sort of fashion sense instead of already being in a tactical clothing.

That is a great point. Over time they should wear combat boots and bandoliers. 

it would be nice. but i hope that those 4 years of work don't disappoint.

I know that feel.

well back on the topic of clothing. i wonder if the NPC's before the apocalypse will have a sort of fashion sense instead of already being in a tactical clothing.

That is a great point. Over time they should wear combat boots and bandoliers. 

nah. what could go wrong wearing short shorts and a t-shirt. its perfectly fine. just add some flip flops and im set for the end of the world.

Thats a lot of work to do:

New damage types and sources of that damage, first aid revamp for gunshots burns etc, cloth cleaning\drying\stitching etc. Also it forces player to micromanage or at least keep in mind a bunch of stuff all the time.

TBH I would rather have that level of details in tools and guns, but still this idea is pretty solid and devs should take a look at it.

Thats a lot of work to do:

New damage types and sources of that damage, first aid revamp for gunshots burns etc, cloth cleaning\drying\stitching etc. Also it forces player to micromanage or at least keep in mind a bunch of stuff all the time.

TBH I would rather have that level of details in tools and guns, but still this idea is pretty solid and devs should take a look at it.

i mean it was a very basic description. i have other ideas that go much further than this but still this was my first major suggestion like this. only problem with my other suggestions is that they all need each other to connect to so to say. some of my skill ideas connect with jobs that connect with new mechanics that connects to new ideas and so on. Its like a web of connecting ideas. im just trying to figure a way to post some of these without needing to repeat 1/2 of my ideas and without having to post parts of other ideas. still thank you for the complement. i do try my best. i will make sure to try and post the others as soon as possible.

I think I know what you mean. Went that route before many times. Turned out to be ineffective to plan more than two steps ahead. Because, you know, reality is real and ideas are ideal )))

Walk and ye shall reach.

Cheers ))

words of wisdom my friend but a simple idea can change the world. Not always for the better but we learn from those mistakes. Still everything starts with an idea. some great ones even when an idea goes wrong something better comes out of it. 

This thread must live until devs clearly state their position about clothing !

Personnally i need new ways of clothing my character, for keeping interest in looting for better stuff and even more for RP mechanics !

Your propositions are from far the best and most complete i ever seen ! Please devs show us you've heard us in the next mondoid ! :D

This thread must live until devs clearly state their position about clothing !

Personnally i need new ways of clothing my character, for keeping interest in looting for better stuff and even more for RP mechanics !

Your propositions are from far the best and most complete i ever seen ! Please devs show us you've heard us in the next mondoid ! :D

thank you so much. i have many ideas but it seems they get passed up. this was my first real major idea and im so glad to see people enjoy my ideas. i would be surprised if the devs did mention this. glad to see your enjoying it. 

I followed some of your suggestions, but for that Time i prefer to wait for those big things devs promised us, as they actually got too much work to get really interested in an other gameplay mechanic like clothing.

But i really want this suggestion to keep on top of suggestions, as you gave most of the Informations needed to imagine a code wich could be later throw ingame.

I hope after all that technical stuff devs are making for steam and multiplayer, they will consider little players, who spend less than two hours on PZ and clearly have no time for multiplayer.

I play PZ since more than four years now, in split-screen since its possible, and i Think this game really need those basics stuff, for RP and better multiplayer. In my opinion of course.

I followed some of your suggestions, but for that Time i prefer to wait for those big things devs promised us, as they actually got too much work to get really interested in an other gameplay mechanic like clothing.

But i really want this suggestion to keep on top of suggestions, as you gave most of the Informations needed to imagine a code wich could be later throw ingame.

I hope after all that technical stuff devs are making for steam and multiplayer, they will consider little players, who spend less than two hours on PZ and clearly have no time for multiplayer.

I play PZ since more than four years now, in split-screen since its possible, and i Think this game really need those basics stuff, for RP and better multiplayer. In my opinion of course.

yea i understand its not the most needed things but i mean i think we all would like some amount of armor or rain resistance even if it is for the time being. also i really hope clothing is more then just a poncho, some armors, a few little things and its done. i would like to feel like there was a story with all these clothes so even if most are not that valuable it adds some variation too the zombies since they only come in a few variations. I feel this idea of more clothing is also a big thing to RP and would help make the game feel larger than it is. still even if it all isn't added i would be happy either way. (but i do REALLY want to see the tuxedo and top hat.)

I think its one of the most important thing, devs just give priority to other stuff. Their game their choice, but i agree with you, armor and "convenient" cloths are a MUST, not really for zombies, but first for keeping players interest in looting, travelling, and also for keep some surprises for players, cause actually we never be surprised : we are happy to find an axe, or a baseball bat, but that's a simple convenient tool. The only things i can actually find and wich makes me happy for a sweet nothing are foods i actually like, or foods my RP character is supposed to like.

I mean i could be happy in game for my character if he finds a nice duster coat, even if the jacket i wear have more benefits.

With clothing we could have more than convenient items, we could have personalization. ´cause actually we only have "this item can be use to that, this hunting knive is better than the kitchen one, the sweater is hotter than the blouse..."

EDIT: exactly what you mean by "make the game feel larger" !

I think its one of the most important thing, devs just give priority to other stuff. Their game their choice, but i agree with you, armor and "convenient" cloths are a MUST, not really for zombies, but first for keeping players interest in looting, travelling, and also for keep some surprises for players, cause actually we never be surprised : we are happy to find an axe, or a baseball bat, but that's a simple convenient tool. The only things i can actually find and wich makes me happy for a sweet nothing are foods i actually like, or foods my RP character is supposed to like.

I mean i could be happy in game for my character if he finds a nice duster coat, even if the jacket i wear have more benefits.

With clothing we could have more than convenient items, we could have personalization. ´cause actually we only have "this item can be use to that, this hunting knive is better than the kitchen one, the sweater is hotter than the blouse..."

EDIT: exactly what you mean by "make the game feel larger" !

by making the game seem larger, i mean there are more little things making the world so much more diverse. each zombie isn't a copy paste of each other with 3 different variations (i know it isn't true but extradition.) there are more possibilities, more variety, more items, more ways a situation could play out. its makes it even more random and the little things that could happen make all the difference. lets say you decide to wear heavy armor, you may get sucked into a horde for not being able to run very far or fast, while if you chose this you could escape or possibly you may have been bitten earlier if you wore that so the story becomes ever more complex. It makes the pool of possibilities larger. and that is what i feel makes pz stand out. you will die no matter what and most likely from 1 of 4 things. zombies, injuries, suicide, or players. but they story behind those go sooo much deeper. was i bitten fighting off one or did i fight off 100 from my front door defending my friends so they could escape the safe house with the needed supplies. things like this make the story even deeper and more interesting. sorry for the long story but yea. hoped it helped

Damn, we are in the right way bro !

I totally agree with what you said about diversification in zombies looks, but i agree even more with more stories, different endings and more than that, some crucial choices ingame !

I didnt played MP since a really long time, but it could be perfect if we could have some uniforms for teams, bandits clothes, and trading!

But we really need a system of clothing not based on a scale type from the worse to the best cloths.

Each one should give advantages, drawbacks, but not for the quest of the Holy PZ Armor, but for the quest of the more suitables clothes depending on what you want to do !

Damn, we are in the right way bro !

I totally agree with what you said about diversification in zombies looks, but i agree even more with more stories, different endings and more than that, some crucial choices ingame !

I didnt played MP since a really long time, but it could be perfect if we could have some uniforms for teams, bandits clothes, and trading!

But we really need a system of clothing not based on a scale type from the worse to the best cloths.

Each one should give advantages, drawbacks, but not for the quest of the Holy PZ Armor, but for the quest of the more suitables clothes depending on what you want to do !

that's where some of mine come in like the wet suit restricts mobility but also gives you better resistance. the big sweaters that keep you really warm are horrid for rain. It would be great for somethings to have a bite more of a use like button up shorts or skirts but again not everything can be a very useful must have item. that's why some of the other things are in there. also i figured in layering you cant just wear 4 puffy vests so you need to have something like a undershirt, then a t-shirt, then a small jacket, then a big jacket. the drawback is weight, mobility, and uncomfortably. (that last one you will understand if you read my upcoming posts.)

I think it would be better if for example you have on a big vest and you find an undershirt. You would then have to take off the other layers then put it on and then put back on the rest rather then it just going under your clothes. The consequence of this would be mobility and comfort vs warmth and time.