Inventory/Container management

jonniemarbles

I could just be playing the game wrong but:

Inventory management with stacks of objects is a HUGE pain right now (particularly if you want a *particular* one of a stack). If I have, say, five water bottles and I want to put all but one of them in the fridge I have to put all of them in there, then grab one. If I have multiple frying pans of varying conditions and want the one in the best condition, i basically have to drop them all, then pick them up one by one and drop them on different spots on the ground to get the one i need. This can sometimes mean I have to unequip a weapon I'm holding just to store a different weapon somewhere (then retrieve and rearm the weapon, all of which takes time). This is A.) A pain in the ass B.) sometimes life threatening in a game where every hour of every day counts towards not getting bit to bits.

Can we at least get a "drop one/place one in container" option with stacks, same as the "grab one" option? A "drop all but one" option would be even better (perhaps with some logic as to which one we "keep", for example we keep the best conditioned weapon or the least full water bottle). If there's already some way to do this, please let me know :)

i have problems with this still though. 

with so many items labeled as "item" i loose a lot of things.

canned food, meds, nails, some tools and random junk are all labeled item. if you are a snatch and grab looter like me who just shovels things into a bag then your going to just have "items " of all shapes and sizes.

a few new categories would be helpful like:

-meds: all things used for first aid should have this as a category so you can easily find them in a bag of loot.

-repair: all things used to repair stuff like duck tape, and glue.

my problem could be just poor looting but i spend a few in game hours running back an forth puting things away because i missed one or 2