Crawling, Crouching, Reaching, and Climbing Thoughts

There are some locales in the game, mostly in storage locations, where there are boxes that are more or less unreachable because they are blocked by unmovable furniture or the like. It seems like your player should be able to step over, craw, or otherwise reach to such items. It could also add a bit of realism in hiding under tables...

Which makes me wonder is there a specific amount of visibility that a person has in-game? Would it be a break in realism to give some indication to how obvious at least the in-game player thinks he is being? Does this have any affect on zombies ability to find you?

There are fences in the game that are high. I understand these fences are not easy to climb. But any chain linked fence is still more or less climbable though much more difficult... perhaps the game should reflect that.

Example: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8402627053786609,0.13857583258402603,95.76070177685429

If you spawn here, there is no sludge hammer inside, or some more considerate player hasn't sledged their way through the fence heaven help you because there is no way out... or if there is I haven't found it. Which makes me wonder also why there isn't a gate to this prison...

Unless... in the immortal words of Cletus from the Simpsons... "I done studied for years on how to get over that junkyard fence. Then I learnt the gate was open."

I don't know if I've misread what you type or if you haven't watched the new animation video from a few weeks ago, but yes, you'll be able to do that (and I assume a lot more) when the animations come. On top of that there are going to be modding tools and I'm sure animations will be one of them so we'll basically have endless animation from then on if the devs don't add a specific one such as hiding under tables or anything. 

No worries, but you can look here every monday for an update (mondoid) about what's going on. :) http://projectzomboid.com/

Just in case you didn't know. And you can search for say "NPCs" to have all of the mondoids about NPCs etc... :)

I do glance around first before rattling off ideas. But I can't know everything or see everything.

Still seems like a character should be able to move around a bit more... glad the game designers agree. But there are a lot of little ideas there... like a gate for the fenced area... How would people get there things in there for storage? Climb over the fence with it?

But not so sure I understand the falling when running to a wall. I run a lot... I run to walls. Unless the player's character is so dumb as to literally keep running into the wall full speed.... thats... eh...

I am sure at a glance that may seemed like a brilliant idea but it makes me think they are really uncoordinated now. Like so uncoordinated that even holding on a railing they risk falling down. Or to put that another way... Maybe it shouldn't be just running to a wall? Or maybe it should be varried by sprinting skill? Also glancing around corners maybe? Able to trip?

I am sure at a glance that may seemed like a brilliant idea but it makes me think they are really uncoordinated now. Like so uncoordinated that even holding on a railing they risk falling down. Or to put that another way... Maybe it shouldn't be just running to a wall? Or maybe it should be varried by sprinting skill? Also glancing around corners maybe? Able to trip?

I saw a video that I can't find where there was crouching and glancing around corners, tripping is also planned in some way\shape\form.

I saw a video that I can't find where there was crouching and glancing around corners, tripping is also planned in some way\shape\form.

I remember the glancing around corners but crouching? :o I've never seen a video of that... Now I need to find that video.

I remember the glancing around corners but crouching?  :o I've never seen a video of that... Now I need to find that video.

Found em all!

Sneaking\Crouching\Peeking Around Corners

Holding a gun walking preview

Some zombie anims and such preview

azajejaq.jpg

Does this mean that these motions/movements will be made accessible to the player. Such as faking being a zombie? Also possibly a gate for that enclosure... if so... hit the lights on the way out and call it a day.

i think he just changed the animation when he moved to show the new animation not that he was actually "faking". in the commonly Suggested Suggestion thread they state they are not going to add zombie camo. i think faking it counts as that

I read the same and I wasn't trying to imply as camo... just if it would be accessible.

Just wasn't sure how better to describe that one...?

The two pinned top posts I read now before posting any thoughts here...

i think he just changed the animation when he moved to show the new animation not that he was actually "faking". in the commonly Suggested Suggestion thread they state they are not going to add zombie camo. i think faking it counts as that

Zombie camo has been said to be a big no-no, but this is more player camo: zombies could still smell ya, but a human player just might mistake you for a random zombie and come within shotty range with a bat in hand ;)

this is cool but would the zombies get this too? They can somehow climb and move through windows.... zombies with that skill level are not accurate! it hurts my mind. :shock:

I don't think "proper" zombies should be able to, but it would be an entertaining sandbox option.

*Edit* I just can't help but imagine this scenario: you're in your base with a fellow survivor or two when you see a small group of rather healthy looking zombies coming at your walls. You grab your trusty crowbar, throw a bat to your friend and go outside to prevent them zeds from accumulating at the wall and tearing it down. When you approach the first zed, he pulls out a shotty and yells at you to get on the ground before he puts you down and calls the horde on your base in the process :D

*'nother edit* Regarding that fenced in place, it should have a gate, otherwise once you can climb the fence thats a safehouse with undestructible walls... don't feel like that kind of safety is in the spirit of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope that also zombies will feel much more real.like falling to the ground sometime when climbing a fence or when there are too much of them in one corridor some of them could clumps on another

they shouldn't eve be able to climb those fences.... assuming you are talking about the chest high ones.