Computer!

aleshaPop13

I play Project Zomboid a year. I love this game but not have a computer in their homes. It was nice if they added to them functions such proscale write, listen to music, go to the interet watch the news, and much more. In addition to the desktop for assailants would be even tablets and laptops smartphones .but they do not work without electricity Translation Google.

PS Yes, if you find that the system unit without a monitor, you will not see anything, but without a keyboard, you can not write, and it was cool if you play music at full volume so that you can attract zombies can also  read the letter hack chuzhye especially multepleer and add the profession programmer . as computers can be strong and powerful, and it also affects them could improve for example processor also parts and external objects such as a monitor, it is also desirable to have bespereboynik if electricity fails the computer can break even at worst burn . Translation Google. Sorry for error!

I think to put the game in the past doesn't make as much sense, at least to me personally, it seems like an unneeded restriction that serves little to no purpose. But considering it is a rural community for the most part it wouldn't surprise me to have a lot of mixing of technologies from various eras.

But just thinking about if it was wanted it wouldn't take much adaptation to keep the game limited to 1990 or 1990s technology.

Still I am just wondering why...?

not an ipod though but still its close. wonder if we put VHS tapes would anyone know what they where?

My youngest nephew who has grown up with YouTube, Wikipedia, Google, and the like has already had questions of how I 'grew up' without such things. He watches little television at all actually he would rather watch youtube. Which brings out the oddity of he watches Australian and British youtubers so he will use British and Australian expressions...

"Time to go." "Oh if we must." ...

Its a new generation for sure. Here is to Generation Z... they will never know the frustration of having a question they want answered but no google to type it into.

all comms including internet are being jammed by the military.

where they even that skilled then?

even if so did they have the resources.

Assuming the internet existed in the time frame that the game is set in, then yes the military would have the resources to shut it down. They invented it. They know all about how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Assuming this game is set in the 80s, 90s, or even early 2000s, the internet would be a lot easier to shut down than it would be today. The system back then was not as robust as it is today. A few DDoS attacks on critical servers/routers and down goes the system. Or they could cause some power outages in the areas that the servers and routers were being hosted and users in an area would not have access to most, if not all, of the internet. Or they could just issue martial law, go into the ISPs and turn off their systems, sorry AOL.

It is well documented that China currently censors internet content, site access, and monitors what users are using/visiting. They can turn on/off access to sites at their leisure.

Telephones are much easier to block and an average home owner can block their own phone system limiting only certain approved numbers to come through. I bet the military could easily do this as well.

Radio waves are even easier than telephones to block. All you need to do with a radio wave is simultaneously broadcast something else on the same frequency at a higher output. Do that on all available civilian radio bands and no more civilian radio in an area. I work in a field where long range radio communication is a must and I can't begin to explain my annoyances with how fragile the system is. One guy with a stuck-mic can disrupt the entire system in an area.

ECM techniques have been used since the turn of the 20th century.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_countermeasure

I  mean the US military had hidden radio transmitters in US made copying machines that the Iraqis used to print battle plans during the first gulf war (1990-1991). We homed in on those transmitters and blew up their command HQs!!!

I am supremely confident they could stop communications in or out of a small rural community if they saw the need. Especially with one of the United States most secure and protected military installations only a few miles away.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fort%20knox

all comms including internet are being jammed by the military.

where they even that skilled then?

even if so did they have the resources.

Assuming the internet existed in the time frame that the game is set in, then yes the military would have the resources to shut it down. They invented it. They know all about how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Assuming this game is set in the 80s, 90s, or even early 2000s, the internet would be a lot easier to shut down than it would be today. The system back then was not as robust as it is today. A few DDoS attacks on critical servers/routers and down goes the system. Or they could cause some power outages in the areas that the servers and routers were being hosted and users in an area would not have access to most, if not all, of the internet. Or they could just issue martial law, go into the ISPs and turn off their systems, sorry AOL.

It is well documented that China currently censors internet content, site access, and monitors what users are using/visiting. They can turn on/off access to sites at their leisure.

Telephones are much easier to block and an average home owner can block their own phone system limiting only certain approved numbers to come through. I bet the military could easily do this as well.

Radio waves are even easier than telephones to block. All you need to do with a radio wave is simultaneously broadcast something else on the same frequency at a higher output. Do that on all available civilian radio bands and no more civilian radio in an area. I work in a field where long range radio communication is a must and I can't begin to explain my annoyances with how fragile the system is. One guy with a stuck-mic can disrupt the entire system in an area.

ECM techniques have been used since the turn of the 20th century.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_countermeasure

I  mean the US military had hidden radio transmitters in US made copying machines that the Iraqis used to print battle plans during the first gulf war (1990-1991). We homed in on those transmitters and blew up their command HQs!!!

I am supremely confident they could stop communications in or out of a small rural community if they saw the need. Especially with one of the United States most secure and protected military installations only a few miles away.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fort%20knox

Had the military not been jamming comms, word of a zombie outbreak would get out in the blink of an eye. News reporters and freelance journalists, the kind that go into warzones, go all frank west and end up getting infected, and when they get evaced, if we shot them down, it would be seen as monsterous, if we let them go, what happens when he turns in some hospital far away, bites his doctor, his family, starts another outrbeak?

People's families outside the quarantine would start rioting and demanding their release, not knowing the nature of this disease, some rebellious people would breach a hole in the defences with a homemade bomb or ramming it with a truck and let the zombies out. Ending the world. 

So they have to jam everything. 

The military just has to say a disease is going around and the communications center had a power outage until they get everything under control or they bomb the city with napalm or thermobaric bombs.

the game does state its set in modern times, but who said it's not some alternate universe where cell phones and computers never took off? That being said, I could see computers in game as a geny powered source of boredom/unhapiness reduction. Maybe it could have diminishing benefits over time as the internet slowly shuts down (Zombies can't operate data centers I'm afraid :/ ) A few months into the game it would only provide a minimal bonus from playing solitaire since presumably the world has fallen.

Reagrding the military jamming comms, I'm a sysadmin and architect telecoms, building telephony networks and trust me, if you have the power, you can certainly shut down all communications. Most of the methods involved are illegal or reserved for the military, such as flooding airwaves/servers with gibberish as previously mentioned or cutting cables, but the military could just call the ISPs and telephone operators and tell them to shut it down before they come and do it at gunpoint :P This game is set in the US, which now has some laws granting FEMA and the military some pretty extreme powers in case of zombopocalypse (among other things). If the military wants the comms out, they can do it with a few phone calls and a good electronics warfare unit from your corp of engineers.

Hell, it wasn't too long ago that a US president tried to pass a law giving him a magic red button to kill the internet on his desk. Had it passed, the technicalities involved are fairly simple (logistics are another story tho...).