Help with modding a server

rgress35

Hello,

I am attempting to get Hydrocraft up and running for a private server for some friend and I, but I am running into some issues.

I've been able to add-on Bedford Falls and New Denver, as well as Extended Building and Immunity.(all of which are working perfectly fine) However I am struggling with trying to get Hydrocraft to work properly.

I have tried extracting the mod to \server\Zomboid\mods\Hydrocraft

I have also tried\server\mods\Hydrocraft

I have attempted manually extracting the relevant media files into the required directories on the server.

However, none of this has seemed to work! I have attempted this mutliple times with a fresh install and still no luck. The server.ini has been edited to include the mod, and the server will notify a user if they do not have the required files, however I've yet to encounter a single item from the Mod, even with loot on "Abundant"

What is the trick to get this to work properly with multi-player?

Some questions in first:

Is is working in build 32 in general? (It works in SinglePlayer?)

Did you have a look on the server-console while starting the server?

(The lua-files of the Hydrocraft-mod should be loaded while starting.)

No errors on both consoles (server and clients)?

have the admin run a reload command by hitting T, then entering "/reloadoptions"......minus the " "

then go to a part of the map you have not visited and see what you find.

but it has to be admin, only admin can run any commands

almost forgot, you both obviously need to have the mod in your files, and activated

Some questions in first:

Is is working in build 32 in general? (It works in SinglePlayer?)

Did you have a look on the server-console while starting the server?

(The lua-files of the Hydrocraft-mod should be loaded while starting.)

No errors on both consoles (server and clients)?

1) this is on the stable build of 31.13. I just tested the mods in a sandbox game, Hydrocraft and Extended building both work.

2) This is a hosted server via Fragnet, I'm not sure how to access the server side console.

However, on the client side console I can see Hydrocraft loading and over-writing the default files in SP mode, but

3) no errors that I can see (client side)

EDIT: I have a few errors with invalid rooms "while reading map_meta.bin"

EDIT2: After hydrocraft loads, I get a console message that "Mod Loaded: ORMtnMan's Real Gun Mod v 1.19" even though I don't have the mod installed? (this is on a few reinstall of Zomboid client side)

have the admin run a reload command by hitting T, then entering "/reloadoptions"......minus the " "

then go to a part of the map you have not visited and see what you find.

but it has to be admin, only admin can run any commands

almost forgot, you both obviously need to have the mod in your files, and activated

Just attempted the "/reloadoptions" server gave me a message "[server]Options Reloaded". Killing my character and spawning in a new region to check. (From New Denver to West Point)

Edit: Just checked 4 or 5 houses now in Westpoint after "/reloadoptions" still no Hydocraft items found

SOLVED: Ok so, after scanning through my client side console and noticing the ORGM mod being loaded despite not being installed I decided to reinstall PZ entirely yet again. As I did this I double checked my /SteamApps/Common/ProjectZomboid folder to discover that a "Media" file was left behind after the un-installation. I deleted the file and reinstalled my game.

Did a fresh wipe on my server, uploaded in order 1) Server.db 2) ServerPZ_sandboxlars.lua 3) Hydrocraft

From there I edited the server.ini to "Mods = Hydrocraft" and connected to the server and *viola* it works!

I'm now going through one by one adding the mods and map sections to ensure they are working, but it seems as if the media file that wasn't deleted was conflicting with the server data for some reason.