Drugs

jonniemarbles

The devs have said before they'd like to include drugs (I remember lemmy talking about a heroin addict survivor). I think they have an interesting element to add - short term benefits vs long term costs. Think adding addiction would be great. Psychotropic meds also have similar issues, particulary hypnotics (i.e. sleeping pills) and benzodiazapines. IRL they have very small prescibing times due to these issues. Even using benzos PRN can lead to coping atrophy without physical dependence.

Not to mention how impaired your mental faculties can get taking 2mg of xanax

The devs have said before they'd like to include drugs (I remember lemmy talking about a heroin addict survivor). I think they have an interesting element to add - short term benefits vs long term costs. Think adding addiction would be great. Psychotropic meds also have similar issues, particulary hypnotics (i.e. sleeping pills) and benzodiazapines. IRL they have very small prescibing times due to these issues. Even using benzos PRN can lead to coping atrophy without physical dependence.

should the current pills be addictive? It would be a good stepping stone if this was to be added.

should the current pills be addictive? It would be a good stepping stone if this was to be added.

not at all. beta blockers are prescribe before benzos usually as they are non addictive and entirely unabuseable. being on them lowers your blood pressure though, since that is another on label use for them. Some people get lightheaded when standing up suddenly on them. Overdosing causes bradycardia, the heart doesn't pump enough blood, which is why the lightheadedness can occur, though to a lesser extent in that case. Another anxiety med is hydroxzyine. Probably butchered the name. It's an antihistamine with a very high propensity for making people drowsy. I'm fairly certain it's unabusable, non addictive but since it's an antihistamine im betting tolerance could build up easily.

Tl;dr: beta blockers and hydroxz are not addictive and far more common than benzos.

edit: the painkillers should be. They act way too effectively to possibly be a non opiod anaglesic. 

not at all. beta blockers are prescribe before benzos usually as they are non addictive and entirely unabuseable. being on them lowers your blood pressure though, since that is another on label use for them. Some people get lightheaded when standing up suddenly on them. Overdosing causes bradycardia, the heart doesn't pump enough blood, which is why the lightheadedness can occur, though to a lesser extent in that case. Another anxiety med is hydroxzyine. Probably butchered the name. It's an antihistamine with a very high propensity for making people drowsy. I'm fairly certain it's unabusable, non addictive but since it's an antihistamine im betting tolerance could build up easily.

Tl;dr: beta blockers and hydroxz are not addictive and far more common than benzos.

edit: the painkillers should be. They act way too effectively to possibly be a non opiod anaglesic. 

Yea. i figured. i knew something had to be wrong when there are pills and non of them are in any way addictive. Something had to be. Just use that as a stepping stone for drugs if they plan to add it. Get that and it is that much easier.

Yea. i figured. i knew something had to be wrong when there are pills and non of them are in any way addictive. Something had to be. Just use that as a stepping stone for drugs if they plan to add it. Get that and it is that much easier.
It depends on the type of painkiller though. There are new formulas that are long release for higher doses which are all pretty much non abuseable unless you go through a lengthy process. There are however different drug preparations that are readily available and abuseable. Don't really need to delve into it in too much detail. Long release would work best for long term mild pain, instant would be good for major boo boos like fractures.

Hey I was the OP but I'm gonna have to say it:

If it affects their potential PEGI rating, thus sales, thus ability to get funding and make the game, don't include it. That's what mods are for :)

(Though I'd also like to state that the PEGI rating system is some stoopid shit if it's forcing developers into these kind of economic decisions, but Indie Stone don't make the rules)

Hey I was the OP but I'm gonna have to say it:

If it affects their potential PEGI rating, thus sales, thus ability to get funding and make the game, don't include it. That's what mods are for :)

(Though I'd also like to state that the PEGI rating system is some stoopid shit if it's forcing developers into these kind of economic decisions, but Indie Stone don't make the rules)

I'm 90% sure the devs don't give a crap about pegi rating. Game data has a drug dealer profession in it