Motion Sensor Lights

Moose65

I'm not against this idea (more stuff to do is always a plus) but I'm not sure how it would improve base defence. Doesn't light attract zombies at present, so wouldn't one tripping your motion sensor as it shambles past your base potentially attract a horde?

I'm not against this idea (more stuff to do is always a plus) but I'm not sure how it would improve base defence. Doesn't light attract zombies at present, so wouldn't one tripping your motion sensor as it shambles past your base potentially attract a horde?

Then use that as an advantage to attract Z's to a spot at night.

Then use that as an advantage to attract Z's to a spot at night.

I like this idea. If they get too close to your base a light comes on on the other side of the street, and Z and all his buddies get drawn over there. Could work with noisemakers etc. too. Might even be overpowered (though the need for a constantly fuelled generator to make it work probably mitigates this somewhat). 

I agree with Deliberto when it comes to making them; however, I've seen a few buildings that already have these installed. Heck, I have one installed above my garage entrance. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that maybe we could find houses with these already installed, take them down, and install them elsewhere. I actually have no idea how hard they are to build from scratch, but I do know they are fairly easy to assemble and dissemble. They could be portable. Realistically though, it would be fairly easy to find this at the in-game warehouses, garages, businesses, and logging mills. I used to rent a storage unit that had one of these installed on each "unit block", they were used to deter thieves, vandals, animals, and just about anything else with something to hide. (Coincidentally, the storage unit I mentioned was located in Kentucky. :D)

Basically I was thinking of something like the flashlight pole, powered by batteries, but only activates when triggers.

Would have a constant very minor drain, and of course a larger drain while the light is active.

Yes, it may attract a horde, but you wouldn't really put it right AT your base, plus, wouldn't you rather want them to stumble into it instead of your front door? Then of course there's the multiplayer and/or NPC interaction  with this, which would give you an alert to potentially hostile survivors.

Would require Electrical + Carpentry Skill of course (love skills that combine skill sets), since motion sensors "should" already require some Electrical Skill if I recall correctly.

Basically I was thinking of something like the flashlight pole, powered by batteries, but only activates when triggers.

Would have a constant very minor drain, and of course a larger drain while the light is active.

Yes, it may attract a horde, but you wouldn't really put it right AT your base, plus, wouldn't you rather want them to stumble into it instead of your front door? Then of course there's the multiplayer and/or NPC interaction  with this, which would give you an alert to potentially hostile survivors.

Would require Electrical + Carpentry Skill of course (love skills that combine skill sets), since motion sensors "should" already require some Electrical Skill if I recall correctly.

This would be very useful in more ways than one. Also i feel the sudden change in lights may make you wake up so possibly having it be like an alert system for in mp.