Suggestions rant

OffitJim

I apologise in advance.

Just came here to say when I first started following PZ in 2013, I used to really enjoy this section of the forum. Now it's just people bitching either because the game isn't exactly the way they'd like it, or the end game is boring, even though people are well aware the game isn't finished. No one ever bothers to read the commonly suggested suggestions thread and instead write a generic message like: "I searched to see if this had been suggested before but didn’t see anything, but in actual fact, I did jack sh*t and was too busy having a poshy".

Can someone explain to me why people are so fixated on a cure? I've never seen any zombie film/game that has a cure. The only things similar that spring to mind are Zombrex in Dead Rising and Antizin in Dying Light, which if we're being honest, those games are piss takes. I thought the whole idea that made zombies scary was one wrong move spelt disaster. One lapse in judgment, you get bitten and you’re f*cked. Not, “I'm Average Joe. Society is crumbling all around me. There’s bandit’s everywhere. I have no idea how long this food/water will last. I know nothing about medicine or vaccines. I have none of the necessary tools at my disposal AND even I did, I have no idea how to use them correctly, but somehow, I’m going to pull a cure out of my backside”.

I see suggestions like special infected. Great, because that’s never been done before. Another one, make the zombies more powerful/aggressive at night. Why? Why would that ever happen? Basically what people are saying there is "I enjoyed this part of Left 4 Dead/Dying Light/Dead Rising/State of Decay and you should copy their game".

Again, I’m sorry for the rant and will no doubt get a moderator warning as I know we’re supposed to be lovely. People are entitled to their opinions. Call me a hypocrite for bitching about others bitching. Maybe I’m just in the old school of thinking; allow artists to create their art the way they feel is right, and don’t shout from the sidelines “this sucks, do this”. Growing up you’d buy a game, there’d be bits you liked and bits you didn’t. I never once wrote to Sega to complain that Tails only had 2 tails or Knuckles should have been a ferret.

My suggestion is: Keep doing what you're doing Indie Stone.