Nauseous, Anxious, Pain, Health bar dropping

Invader Jim

I thought I was a goner.  I got scratched by a zombie and also scratched by a window.  Nauseous moodle day 1 and anxious moodle kicked in later in the day.   The health bar dropped into the lower half on day two.  

It was much better the morning of day 3 but the anxious moodle hung around all day despite everything else looking good.  I have no hypochondriac trait or health traits.  I have never seen this in previous builds.  It is cool that the nausea/anxious/pain moodles don't always signal impending doom.  

Zombie scratches actually have (or had) a rather low zombie-infection probabiliy if I recall, probably around 10%. Bites on the other hand were more like 90% chance to become a zombie.

I quite often get told that a scratch is "infected" but get no accompanying symptoms (of either zombification or anything else). Those scratches do take longer to heal though, and the bandages get dirty more quickly.

The INFECTED tag indicates a common infection, not the zombie virus. There is no outright tag for the zombie infection, you just need to watch how you feel and hope for the best.

As far as I've read, scratches have a 35% chance of giving you the virus, and bites have around a 95% chance. I'm not entirely sure how accurate these numbers are, but I'm pretty sure they're correct with a little leeway on either side.

I've seen it stated by a few trusted members here, though I can't drum up the threads at the moment (search doesn't seem to work on the mobile site). If you Google Project Zomboid Chance of Infection, the wikia states that scratches have a 25% chance, and bites are stated to have a 96% chance. I can't attest to the reliability of the wikia, though, as we all know how often that's updated (or rather, not updated).

As for the zombie virus not showing up on the health tab, that's personal experience :P

I've seen it stated by a few trusted members here, though I can't drum up the threads at the moment (search doesn't seem to work on the mobile site). If you Google Project Zomboid Chance of Infection, the wikia states that scratches have a 25% chance, and bites are stated to have a 96% chance. I can't attest to the reliability of the wikia, though, as we all know how often that's updated (or rather, not updated).

As for the zombie virus not showing up on the health tab, that's personal experience :P

It does show *eventually*. You get status "Zombified!". I quite often have hypochondriac characters though so I never know 100% if I'm toast until my health bar starts dropping. 

Archived