Recipe book tells you what items you need to craft the recipe.

Blasted_Taco

As the title suggests, why are we reading a book yet we don't know what we need to craft certain item?

I mean is not like i can read the mind of my character,  so why not make our character tell it out loud while reading the book?

Like you start reading a recipe book for X item and while the reading bar progresses the character will say:

"1 electric scrap...2 timers....1 hairspray...the blood of a virgen.."

And if that is too time consuming for the devs, just make it a pop-in, like the starter guide with spiffo, just tell us what we need to craft the items (In-game, after reading the book).

We cant meta game it anyway since our character without the book wont know what to do.

I think personally I like it better if we don't know and just have to keep gathering stuff until we figure it out, but on the other hand it does totally make sense to know the recipe if you've read the book. Seems like a lot of people would prefer it this way, so maybe it is something worth looking into.

Makes more sense for it to show you what items you need, otherwise it's not really teaching you how to make stuff. Sure an Engineer could guess his way through it as he goes, but average joe would probably have no idea how to put most of this stuff together even if you give him the ingredients, hence the need for recipe books. Which aren't really recipe books if they don't tell you what you need and how to do it.

When you read a recipe for baking a cake it doesn't just tell you how to put mystery ingredients together, it gives you a step by step on what to use and how much.

Makes more sense for it to show you what items you need, otherwise it's not really teaching you how to make stuff. Sure an Engineer could guess his way through it as he goes, but average joe would probably have no idea how to put most of this stuff together even if you give him the ingredients, hence the need for recipe books. Which aren't really recipe books if they don't tell you what you need and how to do it.

When you read a recipe for baking a cake it doesn't just tell you how to put mystery ingredients together, it gives you a step by step on what to use and how much.

totally agree, but instead of a cake we are making a bomb for example, i don`t know if a magazine would teach this... unless is a terrorist magazine :P

totally agree, but instead of a cake we are making a bomb for example, i don`t know if a magazine would teach this... unless is a terrorist magazine :P

The anarchist cookbook?