Svarog's Small Mods

Svarog

Instead of making and maintaining new threads for all of tiny little mods I make I'll just put them in this thread from now on. If it's here than it should be compatible with the latest version of PZ.

Check out my Littering mod too! And please only post comments\suggestions for the mods here, if you want to say something about Littering go to it's own forum thread.

Also, I am currently the caretaker of NecroForge, if you have a problem or a question that pertains to it either shoot a PM my way or post on it's forum thread. The Download links for latest versions are on the bottom of this post.

All of my mods are also currently available on the Steam Workshop, the awesome posters that you see there were made by Onkeen 

W0FjnIC.png

Description in the Spoiler -- All mods are Free For All -- Have Fun!

Disclaimer: You can take apart any mod that I made, learn from it, change it and upload it wherever. Credit is appreciated. I made this stuff for people to use, whether it be by just playing with it or learning from it and making it better. (NecroForge is not my mod tho, ask ZedHead for permission if you want to mess with it and upload it somewhere)

Weapon Nerf Mod: Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

A rather simple mod that Nerfs all melee weapons, disabling the ability to hit more than 1 zombie at a time. It also disables the ability to push away 3 zombies at a time.

Created for the sole purpose of making the game harder and making running away a default reaction to seeing a horde bigger than 3 zombies. With this mod, having an Axe won't make you a zombie killing machine and you shouldn't even dare to try taking on more than 3 zombies as they WILL get you and kill you.

More Zombie Loot: Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

A simple mod that adds more items to the list of stuff that can be dropped by zombies like weapons, ammo, tools and various misc clutter.

Additional Hair Colors: Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

Adds some new hair colors for all your character customization needs.

Keep in mind, those colors will apply to zombies too so you might end up with some green haired zombies, if you don't like it you can apply the mutator provided with the mod. Enjoy :)

Trait ReActivator: Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

ReActivates traits like Light Drinker that were removed from the game a few builds back.

Cheaterman:Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

Adds 3 traits to the game, one adds 1000 poinst to spend at character creation screen, the second does that and adds massive skill bonuses to all skills and the third simply has all skills maxed out.

Inspiried by Wveth and great for power fantasy trips!

More Edibles: Build 33 [Build 34 IF you don't use Nutrition - Pending Update]

Spoiler

Not Compatible with Littering Mod
Energy Drinks, Vodka, Sodas, Chips, Candy, Chewing Gum and Classic Canned Soup! Find more edibles in project Zomboid!

All of those edibles have been cut out of my Littering mod for those who want them but don't want to deal with trash.

Has NecroForge Support!

Incompatible With Mods: Littering Mod

Hiking Bags Sprite Recolors: Build 34 - Build 37

Spoiler

This simple mod was created to add some variety to Hiking Bag sprites.

Molotov Classic Recipe: Build 34

Spoiler

Create Molotovs using the old crafting recipe Gas Can + Empty Bottle + Ripped Sheet

Quick Containers: Build 37+

Spoiler

Adds a pouch item into the world that when kept in inventory can be accessed like any other Equipped Container item. Without being equipped. Useful for keeping various clutter you might need but don't want in your main inventory.

Gunman Trait: Build 34

Spoiler

Adds a Gun Enthusiast trait that gives +1 Aiming and +1 Reloading it costs 4 trait points

GunNut Trait: Build 34\35

By Request

And here it is vdph5Ko.png <- That is the trait Icon, pardon my lazy ass for not even trying to make it look like other trait icons. (Tested with latest IWBUMS) Edit: it does what you asked for, +2 Aiming + 3 Reloading and costs 10 points

Undying Zombies: Build 37\38

Spoiler

Every zombie you kill has a 50% chance to be resurrected after some time and annoying you some more. Same zombie can get resurrected however many times he wants to if he's lucky enough.

More a proof of concept than a real mod that I made when goofing around with lua but it does work. If someone wants to take it and do something else with it be my guest.

Resources/Tutorials/Whatevers - Things I have posted in Resources for other modders/players.

Item Lists - For Hydrocraft, ORGM and Vanilla PZ [Currently Out of Date]
Item/Recipe Script Variables - For those who want to make an item and need the possible variables that can be used.
Basic Trait/Profession Template Mod - What it says on the tin.
Spiffo Icons for Windows - Spiffo in .ico format for your desktop.

Edited by Svarog
Update

why cant i downlad anything from pz-mods?

Any specific mod? I can download from it just fine so I don't know what could be the issue.

Every single mod I don't know what's wrong with it I have also tried to create an account but the register page doesn't even appear

Every single mod I don't know what's wrong with it I have also tried to create an account but the register page doesn't even appear

Well I have no idea why it doesn't work for you, try a different web browser maybe? I can't help you here, you'd have to contact the admin of that site and I don't know who that is or how to do it.

Well I have no idea why it doesn't work for you, try a different web browser maybe? I can't help you here, you'd have to contact the admin of that site and I don't know who that is or how to do it.

Alright thank you for answering:)

Alright thank you for answering:)

Hey I tried what you said about using other web browser an it worked thanks

Updated Weapon Nerf Mod to 1.2 by fixing the possibility to cut down trees with Baseball Bats and few other weapons because it's possible in the base game for some weird reason, hit it all you want, there is a reason there is a way to craft an Axe in the game if you ask me. Download contains two versions for both Build 31 and 32

Nothing else will probably change in the mod unless we get new weapons in need of nerfing because the new zombie respawn system does a good job of increasing difficulty to the point where the mod is just icing on the cake :P

Updated Weapon Nerf Mod to 1.2 by fixing the possibility to cut down trees with Baseball Bats and few other weapons because it's possible in the base game for some weird reason, hit it all you want, there is a reason there is a way to craft an Axe in the game if you ask me. Download contains two versions for both Build 31 and 32

Nothing else will probably change in the mod unless we get new weapons in need of nerfing because the new zombie respawn system does a good job of increasing difficulty to the point where the mod is just icing on the cake :P

Ah ah yeah I had a pretty rough time during my last games combining build 32 and your neft mod. It's awesome to see how it changes the way you fight, much more tense ! It's definetly my favorite mod in PZ, it adds immersion, challenge, strategy and a real fear of any 5+ pack of zombies.

Thank you again for that awesome mod, I would'nt go back to light sabers weapons for nothing !

Added an old mod of mine to the list Paint Mod allows players to paint 20 walls with a single can of paint and plaster 10 walls with a single bucket of plaster, it was created long time ago to make touching up bases somewhat easier, I forgot I made it and only now uploaded it to PZ-Mods.

If you were using the old version of the mod, you can keep using it, it's the same one but if you download this one remove the old one, they won't love each other.

Edit: Also More Zombie Loot got updated because it had a Distribution Bug.

I updated Weapon Nerf by fixing something I think is a bug in vanilla PZ. Namely, Nailed Baseball Bat and Hunting Knife used wrong item icons, there are two perfectly fine icons in the game files that I found that look great, now they will use their own icons as opposed to a default Baseball Bat and Kitchen Knife icon.

aBjWDsK.pngBx4Oxzd.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Added Mod: Quick Containers

Changes a bit of inventory code making First Aid Kit work more\less like the keyring, you don't need to equip it in order to access it's contents, just keep it in your inventory. Also adds a "Pouch" item that works just like that, a nice little bag you can fill with stuff for quick-access it has very low Capacity of 5 but it helps declutter the main inventory.

Known Bug: If you have multiple First Aid Kits or Pouches in inventory you can access them all, cluttering your bag slots on the right.

Do Not Use with versions other than the specified one [build 32.16]

Hi, sorry to bother you with this, but do you know wich mod's mod file is called SVGPouch?

I need to have this mod among others.

I figured you would know since I think the abbreviation stands for svarog.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Containers, why is there a problem?

Hey Svarog, firstly i would like to say that my friends and i have been enjoying the functionality that some of your mods add to the game. However there is one i want to ask you about.
We tried setting up Cheaterman on our server as a way to give us a few extra trait points to play with (i even modified the lua file to only give +10 and removed the other buffs) since that mod seems to be the only one around that does what we want (add some extra trait points) that still actually works with the latest game version. However, no matter what i try, we are unable to use it on the server.
Would you have an idea on how to get Cheaterman working if installed on both client and server?

Edit: Also, to clarify, i have put the mod folder in the correct place and added the ID to the mods setting in the .ini
The server log shows that Cheaterman gets loaded but it isn't an available trait when making a character.

Hey Svarog, firstly i would like to say that my friends and i have been enjoying the functionality that some of your mods add to the game. However there is one i want to ask you about.

We tried setting up Cheaterman on our server as a way to give us a few extra trait points to play with (i even modified the lua file to only give +10 and removed the other buffs) since that mod seems to be the only one around that does what we want (add some extra trait points) that still actually works with the latest game version. However, no matter what i try, we are unable to use it on the server.

Would you have an idea on how to get Cheaterman working if installed on both client and server?

Edit: Also, to clarify, i have put the mod folder in the correct place and added the ID to the mods setting in the .ini

The server log shows that Cheaterman gets loaded but it isn't an available trait when making a character.

I removed the possibility to use those traits in MP because of a bug that allowed for cheating on any MP server despite the mod being unloaded when joining. The bug has since been fixed but I didn't update the mod yet, it's easy to change I PMd you.

Edit: Updated the mod and uploaded some of the mods to pz-mods instead of mediafire.

Added a new tiny mod to the list: GunmanTrait, it simply adds a trait called "Gun Enthusiast" that adds +1 Aiming and +1 Reloading and costs 4 trait points. An alternative to expensive Hunter trait. It should probably be more expensive but it works for me. Made it because I really wanted a trait that just does that and nothing else.

Edit: 16.07.2015 - Updated Quick Containers for Build 32.17

And another small mod added Better Item Category Labels is a mod I've made actually quite a while ago when someone suggested adding more categories to items to make looting and organizing easier but it was useless due to a bug that caused sorting to not work right. The Bug has been fixed in Build 32.17 and the mod now works properly so I thought I'd share it in this thread. Some examples of new categories are Repair, Material, Cooking, Seeds, Tools.

Edit: I should warn users that Better Item Category Labels, Canned Food Distribution Fix and Littering are probably not very compatible as they all modify a lot of the same Base items, You can use them all together, like I do with minimal fuss but it'll be random whether or not everything will work 100%

Edit 2: Had to update Better Item Category Labels because I messed up and Saw item had no icon :S

Edit 3: Due to aforementioned problems with compatibility (and for convenience) of some mods if run one over another I've added Canned Painted Labels as a downloadable mod, it combines Canned Food Distribution Fix, Paint Mod and Better Item Category Labels into a single download that works right. 

Edit 4: Added "Incompatible With Mods" info into descriptions of mods that I know have compatibility issues with mods both my own and made by other people.

• 2 weeks later...