Consuming items should leave behind trash of that item

Mrxbath

I've noticed that when you drink a can of soda, eat a bag of chips or a can of food the item conveniently disappears. But if you were to make a soup, or cup of coffee etc it will leave behind an empty bowl or pot. 

I think that after eating something, it should be replaced with a trash version of that item (empty chip bag, empty can etc.) which you would then have to deal with in some way. Either by dropping it where you stand (which would leave a trail for NPC's or other players), or by placing it in a garbage can or other such container.

Adding garbage items would not only give you one more element to consider while surviving, it would also replace some of the abundant food items with trash which is far more realistic than finding an empty cupboard.

It would give you more to search through, and change up the looting game.

Here's a mod that was created for Build 31 that did exactly this: http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/Littering/

It would be awesome if this made it into the final game!

post-1931-0-20378600-1432660245_thumb.pn

I haven't tried but eating from a can gives you an empty can?

You could improvise stuff from garbage, empty cans to make a nail bomb, a noise trap (the line of rope and several cans attached to it), hell you could even replace the cooking pot and use a empty can to boil water.

From potato chips you could use them for foil with a battery to light up a campfire, stuff like that.

Also it would add a lot to the game, found a base and see a dead NPC inside, a lot of empty cans, empty potato chips and cereal boxes around, pointing out he died of starvation.

You could improvise stuff from garbage, empty cans to make a nail bomb, a noise trap (the line of rope and several cans attached to it), hell you could even replace the cooking pot and use a empty can to boil water.

From potato chips you could use them for foil with a battery to light up a campfire, stuff like that.

Also it would add a lot to the game, found a base and see a dead NPC inside, a lot of empty cans, empty potato chips and cereal boxes around, pointing out he died of starvation.

Hah I was actually thinking about adding Nail Bombs made from Tin Cans into my mod soon (and that Noise trap sounds nice)  :P For now I'm waiting to see what other content makes it into Build 32

And with my mod you can use some trash items to light fires. Or carry water in empty tin cans, idk about boiling it though :S

Exactly! It would help you make the most out of every single little thing you find. Make sound traps, or just leave yourself a trail to follow home.

If there was a safehouse littered with empties and a dead man you would also have to look harder to find anything useful because there would be garbage to sift through.

much of the trash probably has no use. eh macgyver what you can out of cig buts, empty chip bag, and a paper clip. i honestly never realy liked the idea of add item+item+ducktape= best apocalypse item in the universe. i think many of them would fail and get you killed or hurt. which is exactly why they need to be in this game... the first time i ran out of water and saw that bleach quenched thirst i thought i would try it. lets say after some rage and heavy laughter i knew what i just did lol.