Fill empty bottles with gasoline

Blasted_Taco

Or fill an Gas can with water!

Secret Waterstorage! Nobody will think you store there water..

I'm not really fond of water having the smell of petrol. Or taste :)

BUT

It would be cool if there were bigger containers to hold water. Like 5 litre plastic bottles or even a bit bigger with a small plastic tap at the bottom for convenient usage :)

i like the idea of it but wouldn't this make getting gas too easy. you could grab all of your empty bottles and such, and do a gas run. you could pretty much be set in game. for a few months if you did this

That is the main problem, balance issues, but still is unrealistic to not be able to draw it with other containers.

Ore you can make an Super Poison with bleach and gasoline and if you put it on your axe, knife whatever and stab someone he will just die after some minutes! (Bit overkill)

I...dont think that bleach and gasoline works like that dude

Yepp. It would be more like the scratches and wounds caused by weapons treated with these chemicals are a lot less likely to get infected later.

i like the idea of it but wouldn't this make getting gas too easy. you could grab all of your empty bottles and such, and do a gas run. you could pretty much be set in game. for a few months if you did this

a few months? how many bottles are you running with.

I haven't used the generators yet at all, but a real generator on a water bottle of fuel would run for maybe a few tens of minutes if that. That's barely enough time to cook a full meal, so I don't see it as too unbalanced.

But if you assume the gas stations are even half full, at about 4000gal or so, you'll need somewhere in the ballpark of 16000 bottles to empty it out.

I'd rather use gas cans.

Edit: The optimal solution to moving gas, though, would be to just fill up cars and siphon the gas into your generator, but that's a ways off.

I haven't used the generators yet at all, but a real generator on a water bottle of fuel would run for maybe a few tens of minutes if that. That's barely enough time to cook a full meal, so I don't see it as too unbalanced.

But if you assume the gas stations are even half full, at about 4000gal or so, you'll need somewhere in the ballpark of 16000 bottles to empty it out.

I'd rather use gas cans.

Edit: The optimal solution to moving gas, though, would be to just fill up cars and siphon the gas into your generator, but that's a ways off.

Still bottles make it easy if you cant find gas cans.

I'd rather use gas cans.

Still bottles make it easy if you cant find gas cans.
A water bottle filled with gas could have a weight of one or 1.5 . One bottle worth works for 10 minutes according to person above. A full dufflebag could only fit 180 minutes worth of gas. Seems balanced.

lol sorry i haven't survived long enough to use one ether and im not a fan of sand box (personal choice) when i said month it was just me making a number up. if someone has tested generators and know the gas per hour (gph) we can then talk more of how practical using bottles are. it may make getting it easier but if it consumes that much in a hour its not that op, where if one bottle lasts a month its extremely op.

and if i were to do a gas run and that's all i was going for i would grab every empty bottle and capable container and head out. i don't want to make it a daily task.

ps: again the rates above are not true and am asking if anyone has the actual rate.