RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

I just updated and I notice that old multiplayer characters are not loaded when they try and join my server, and they are instructed to create a new player, is this normal? Any way to reinstate them? The server itself hasn't been affected much, the bases are still intact, but the zombies have re-spawned everywhere.

How do i dismantle an in world item?

Like what can i?

It did the red box thing, but when i click on something nothing happens. I clicked on tvs, fridges, toasters, microwaves, lights, all shit.

You can only Dismantle small electronic items like Speakers, Cordless Phones, Video Games, Radios etc. you need to have them in your inventory as well as a screwdriver.

You guys are so on-the-ball.  Best development team ever.

Just wanted to say also that I am really liking the new zombie numbers, though it can be overwhelming.  Well done.  And the new items and professions are just... just grand, frankly. lol

The new numbers were an error in easys math.

Do i have to reiterate so damn much lol?

How do i dismantle shit?

Screwdriver + item = Dismantle

Well sheit.

The one time i can not find a screwdriver.

Heading into downtown muldraugh to that car workshop to try and find a screwdriver, if not there, mccoy.

Why the fuck do you devs have to be so cryptic on the recipies to these new items?

Why not show us all the recipies instead of making us wait for those who update the wiki? (Who seem to be taking their sweet ass time)

I need to make a noisemaker.

Please tell me the crafting recipie.

Look it up in the game files. In new items which is in the scripts folder.

I can't help feeling most zombie number feedback has been pretty positive. Any other views on this?

Will go with consensus though :)

I can't help feeling most zombie number feedback has been pretty positive. Any other views on this?

Will go with consensus though :)

I can't help but feel like normal just has too many hordes for people. I never play on survival, always sandbox because I modify the Z's traits to be slow glass cannons, but playing on similar settings to survival with normal population I got swamped with an amount I would've expected on high / insane

Tl;Dr population is quite higher than before, in my opinion if people want higher numbers change it up in sandbox

How do i dismantle shit?

Well sheit.

Heading into downtown muldraugh to that car workshop to try and find a screwdriver, if not there, mccoy.

Why the fuck do you devs have to be so cryptic on the recipies to these new items?

Why not show us all the recipies instead of making us wait for those who update the wiki? (Who seem to be taking their sweet ass time)

I dunno how to read that shit. i  can find the item data, but nothing on the recipie.

Scissorman was here -snip -snip -snip-

media\scripts\recipes.txt

Use Ctrl+F and search for whatever you need. For Noise Maker

Recipe Code and Translation:

recipe Make Noise Maker    {       ElectronicsScrap=7,       Amplifier,       Result:NoiseTrap,       Time:80.0,       NeedToBeLearn:true,    }

You need 7 Electronic Scrap and an Amplifier you also need to learn the Recipe from a magazine.

How do i dismantle shit?

Well sheit.

I dunno how to read that shit. i  can find the item data, but nothing on the recipie.
Shit my bad. It's in recipe's. Ctrl F then lookup noise. Should be in there

recipe Make Noise Maker
    {
       ElectronicsScrap=7,
       Amplifier,

Result:NoiseTrap,
       Time:80.0,
       NeedToBeLearn:true,
    }

You need 7 Electronic Scrap and an Amplifier you also need to learn the Recipe from a magazine.

I'll just start a new game with abundant spawns and low counts of sprinters (which would be normal counts in the previous builds) who are weak and fragile.

I'll do a challenge,

28 days later challenge.

30 second infection time

So guns are the name of the game.

Main goal, have a 5 building Super fort without using pre existing walls as any of them.

And it has to be complete by day 28.

Devs....

We need something...

BADLY...

on 32.2...

Please...

Add an edit world option to sandbox saves.

Let us re-access the sandbox settings such as zombie lore and such.

Can't be too hard can it?

recipe Make Noise Maker
    {
       ElectronicsScrap=7,
       Amplifier,

Result:NoiseTrap,
       Time:80.0,
       NeedToBeLearn:true,
    }

I'll just start a new game with abundant spawns and low counts of sprinters (which would be normal counts in the previous builds) who are weak and fragile.

I'll do a challenge,

28 days later challenge.

30 second infection time

So guns are the name of the game.

Main goal, have a 5 building Super fort without using pre existing walls as any of them.

And it has to be complete by day 28.

Devs....

We need something...

BADLY...

on 32.2...

Please...

Add an edit world option to sandbox saves.

Let us re-access the sandbox settings such as zombie lore and such.

Can't be too hard can it?

i think i found a boo boo. you need an amplifier from a speaker in order to craft one, but i checked the suburb distribution file and a search for speaker yielded no results. Also it could be hard. it isn't on their planned features for this next build so i doubt it will be added.

Edit: Nevermind, just found it in a distribution folder

Don't give recipe without Spoiler tag, some people want to search for them in game :)

Totally my bad for the "invincible" zombie, Tim fixed it, i'll release a version in a few hours with other fixes.

About difficulty, well, it's new, so yeah, lot of people are thinking "omg it's too hard, tune down zombie", but the game is meant to be difficult, and yeah, it's new, so you're not used to it, IWBUMS is out for 3 days, and some are crying because they can't beat the game? Well, that sound like a good thing to me!

I'll check with some of our best players what they really think, but don't think we'll lower zombies right away, maybe it's time for some people to go back in sandbox and tune down a bit the difficulty? ;)

but don't think we'll lower zombies right away, maybe it's time for some people to go back in sandbox and tune down a bit the difficulty? ;)

What does that mean?

Either you guys are going to tone it down or that it will stay that way?

If is the first one, good thing i made a backup for this version, if is the second one, i wont be able to contain myself of happiness of PZ actually killing my characters before the first week.

Is awesome to see this kind of difficulty in the game again, with all the new features and the game will kill you for real now, it feels amazing and i cant thank you devs enough for starting the operation Kill you before end game.

Don't give recipe without Spoiler tag, some people want to search for them in game :)

Totally my bad for the "invincible" zombie, Tim fixed it, i'll release a version in a few hours with other fixes.

About difficulty, well, it's new, so yeah, lot of people are thinking "omg it's too hard, tune down zombie", but the game is meant to be difficult, and yeah, it's new, so you're not used to it, IWBUMS is out for 3 days, and some are crying because they can't beat the game? Well, that sound like a good thing to me!

I'll check with some of our best players what they really think, but don't think we'll lower zombies right away, maybe it's time for some people to go back in sandbox and tune down a bit the difficulty? ;)

yessss. Enjoying getting my butt handed too me. Looks like you guys accidentally made progress on Plan kill us before Late game with the higher numbers.

You really need to up the spawn count for small electronics,

That, or let us dissassemble appliances, like toasters, ovens, fridges, televisions, light circuts... 

I

You really need to up the spawn count for small electronics,

That, or let us dissassemble appliances, like toasters, ovens, fridges, televisions, light circuts... 

I

If it bothers you too much fiddle with the distribution files. I have zero coding skill and i have managed to tweak some things lower and one or two higher.

i would have to say the biggest problem with the zombies, for me, is the problems with pushing them away....followed closely by them walking through the weapon i'm swinging with no effect. almost guarantees a scratch or bite as they get me while my character is still finishing the swinging motion.

TURN.
ZOMBIE.
COUNT.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
DOWN

I Was in a muldraugh suburb.

I fired a sawed off shotgun.
And suddenly thousands of zombies swarmed out of everywhere.

Surely the residential district of muldraugh in the suburbs won't house that many.

but also, it's ridiculously unfair.

What used to be 1-10 zombies is now 30-100.
This is on normal spawns.

But it behaves like it's on insane.

You would have to have 17 terabytes of ram and a graphics card that uses more power in a second than new york city in a year to run it on insane.

on insane, there would not be hordes, there would be all zombies and tiny pockets of empty space where they have not engulfed.

LeetgamerBoi, stop spaming this please...

If you find survival too hard, go in sandbox and lower it via the sandbox options, it's the 3rd days of the IWBUMS and you expect to beat it already? No, that's not how it works, we already stated we gonna increase the difficulty, here you go.

I also have tough time to survive more than 10 days, but hey, I'm really not the best player around here, first try I did like 3days max, after 10 playthrough I'm around 10 days of survival, that's call improvement.

Also, if you use shotgun in Muldraugh suburb, I can't help but telling youthat you're doing it really the bad way :D

Use shotgun only in last resort.

Can't handle the normal spawns, use the lower zombies spawns for now, no shame, we're aiming to kill you, and having you saying game's hard make me feel like we done our job well (well, specially EasyPickins on this part :D)

TURN.

ZOMBIE.

COUNT.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

DOWN

I Was in a muldraugh suburb.

I fired a sawed off shotgun.

And suddenly thousands of zombies swarmed out of everywhere.

Surely the residential district of muldraugh in the suburbs won't house that many.

but also, it's ridiculously unfair.

What used to be 1-10 zombies is now 30-100.

This is on normal spawns.

But it behaves like it's on insane.

You would have to have 17 terabytes of ram and a graphics card that uses more power in a second than new york city in a year to run it on insane.

on insane, there would not be hordes, there would be all zombies and tiny pockets of empty space where they have not engulfed.

Well, here's your problem: You want a game you can breeze through no problem, instead of the most realistic zombie survival sim there is. The devs have stated that they will increase difficulty, and that they are basing much of the lore on Max Brooks style zombies. I don't know about you, but this is probably the most accurate representation of what a real zombie apocalypse(Max Brooks style) would be. Firing a PISTOL is practically suicide in a zombie apocalypse. Now, I don't know jack squat about guns, but I'm pretty sure a pistol isn't nearly as loud as a shotgun, let alone a sawn-off. Plus, just because it's a suburb, doesn't mean there are no zombies in range of hearing you. Considering the level of sound a gun releases upon firing, and the distribution of population, even if you fired it on the edge of the map, as far from civilization as possible, with as much sound buffering as you could build, I'm pretty sure that at least 1 zombie would hear you. The devs have also stated that they would be balancing out the new build, and since it's only day 3 since it was released, I can't imagine that they've finished yet. Game development takes a very long time, which is one of the reasons why PZ is still in Early Access on Steam. If they didn't put the time and effort into making a quality game, supporters like us would get a crappy, bug filled, mashed together, cash grab of a game like so many other games out there. I suggest that you be patient with the hard working members of the PZ team. They'll get to lowering spawns(or at least balancing them), in due time. Also, try not to fire off a shotgun unless you're either trying to die, or trying to kill everyone in your vicinity in MP.

Guns are not for picking out single zombies (or firing off at random). Guns are for distracting hordes. As weapons, they are very last resort kind of weapons.

Using guns in PZ is not a good idea and I think many of us would agree that it's how it should be.

^^^ absolutely. With the rest implementation of throwables I only use guns for attracting zombies into a tight group and herding stragglers to throw explosives at.

That's not just it. Look at this. 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450103033

That's only about a tenth of all of them.
I dunno how many people muldraugh has, but if there's this many, i must have about 90 percent of them.

The reason i have such an issue is that before build 32 i could fire a sawed off at the same place 100 times and i'd be lucky if 30 showed up.

now if i fire it once, all the people in knox county tag along to the party.

yessss. Enjoying getting my butt handed too me. Looks like you guys accidentally made progress on Plan kill us before Late game with the higher numbers.

Killing us before late game is awesome ! But killing us in early game is slightly exaggerated in my opinion: it would mean all the work the devs did on middle game (farming, fishing, advanced carpentry) is now useless, and contradictory.