RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

But normal is the survival mode setting?

Ok that wasn't clear to me. So it has the same spawn number as the normal option in sandbox? i thought it is a special hardcore setup.

Default sandbox is basically the survival difficulty, tone down the number of zombies in the option if you have some trouble :)

The zombie numbers weren't supposed to be higher, but I did fix a bug in the math that led to an increase.

I'll keep the fix but lower the numbers that spawn so they're closer to Build 31 levels.

Somebody tie him down before he reduces the zombie numbers!

The only thing allowed in the recipe is twine. All I have is rope, Leo. All I have is rope!

But normal is the survival mode setting?

Ok that wasn't clear to me. So it has the same spawn number as the normal option in sandbox? i thought it is a special hardcore setup.

Default sandbox is basically the survival difficulty, tone down the number of zombies in the option if you have some trouble :)

Oook, no problem, i have mostly played the default sandbox option because i was under the impression survival is a hardcore mode so i never really tried it. With the numbers being closer to build 31 again it should be quite fine.

sorry for the confusion ^^.

The zombie numbers weren't supposed to be higher, but I did fix a bug in the math that led to an increase.

I'll keep the fix but lower the numbers that spawn so they're closer to Build 31 levels.

The only thing allowed in the recipe is twine. All I have is rope, Leo. All I have is rope!

Wait a sec, I have a mod for that somewhere...

Do i have to reiterate so damn much lol?

How do i dismantle shit?

Have a saw and a screwdriver if it's carpentry. Don't know about the new Electrical items.

THANK YOU!

At least someone finally replied. 

I'll just gather every tool in the game and haul ass to the electronics store. I need to make percussion based bombs, noisemakers... and then launch an assault on downtown muldraugh highway hordes! 

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME NOISEMAKERS ARE REUSABLE. Or at least made from easy to obtain materials.

EasyPickins, would it be possible to have something in the between maybe ?

not too few like in 31 nor too many as currently ?

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but I love the changes to how fire works.

Trees now burn!!! This was a huge immersion killer for me previously! Grass doesn't burn into clumps of ash anymore and has a different tile sprite when burned. The way fire spreads and burns also seems to be improved. It seems like fire sprites on concrete/pavement seem to burn out much faster than grass or tree tiles. Great improvement! Now can I get a way to put fire out :P ?

I also like that blood slowly fades to a nearly invisible black after a few days. Simulates blood drying or rain washing it away. Gotta make sure you don't have any crawlers in your piles of corpses now. After a few days you can't tell if its been killed by the blood splatter around it!

Before you go ahead and "fix it", is there a way to keep the number of zombies for my version? I don't want to have the Build 31 levels, i actually really like Build 32 number and i don't want it to change.

Or make it something in between those numbers?

Before you go ahead and "fix it", is there a way to keep the number of zombies for my version? I don't want to have the Build 31 levels, i actually really like Build 32 number and i don't want it to change.

Turn zombie count up to insane.

Turn zombie count up to insane.

I dunno, i feel like this feels like REAL survival mode, surviving a week feels like a real accomplishment now, i though this was a big step towards Operation Kill You Before You Reach End Game

I agree, I'm not sure it should be toned all the way back to 31. I'd rather have it the same or somewhere close to 32 levels. "Zombies are hard, game is hard" is what we've been shooting for this whole time, and we were fully expecting complaints about the difficulty when it got the "right" level. I think we're pretty close to the right level now. And if there was a bug in the math, is it possible these are the levels Lemmy originally intended for the zombies?

Can't you just up the zombie count in sandbox mode?

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but if you're talking to the people giving feedback about the zombie count, it's important that Survival mode (aka "the way it's meant to be played) is correctly balanced, as it's... well... the way it's meant to be played. Sandbox is great for people who want to play with some element different, but balancing Survival is still a primary goal.

ZombiePopulationChange.png

The first picture is Build 31 numbers, the bug I mentioned caused the no-zombie black areas you see.

The second picture is Build 32 numbers, no more black areas where the spawn-map said there should be some zombies.

The third picture is the reduced numbers I'm considering, where there are at least a few zombies in the black areas.  The numbers are higher than Build 31, a bit less than Build 32.  Plus there's some randomness to the number (as always) so your number may be higher / lower.

The new Mall Challenge was way too laggy. Even on a powerful computer like mine. ( GTX 980, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 6core 3.5Ghz etc )

That's one of the biggest problem with that challenge, lagging like hell.

Must be because there is so damn much zombies spawned! Maybe tone it down a bit?

Also it's weird you spawn 20 minutes before the doors open, you have no time to gather stuff and prepare. Would be nice if this was changed!

Maybe spawn at 6AM so you have atleast 3 hours until doors opens at 9AM!

Would be nice if you added a gunshop in the mall for this challenge, would certainly increase the fun factor! But the lagg is the worst, totally unplayable :(

It's a challenge for your computer too