RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

Nice! The Crafting UI is like Crafthelper, except without the ability to see all recipes where a particular item is used. The search function is cool, but it only searches the names of the items itself, not the ingredients required to make it, which goes back to my first point. Maybe add a different search mode for the ingredients? plz. :D

The general tab takes an eternity to scroll through and without an idea of the final item's name, it's kinda hard to know what to do with a certain item, especially with mods like Hydrocraft lol

alright so i finally put my hand on the new build, yet i have a huge problem with it:

i am a huge fan of stealthy movement/being silent and not killing anything, but with the recent zombie respawn module, some zombies seem to directly charge at me out of my map, i have seen this happen for a few times and it's quite a bad experience for me. don't get me wrong, zombie respawn and having huge loads of zombies is awesome; i play only survival mode. but having zombies that know where i am is a bit weird. i feel like i shouldn't have to fight to do what i want, at least if i'm sneaky enough.

also i would create a thread for this, but im sure people already did:

will there be any updates related to stealth itself like in crouching? (avoiding zed vision from windows/moving a bit slower to make less noise/getting in cover against incoming npc's... since there are a lot of things that have enough to be used as cover in the game, it seems to be that it would work. it would also greatly improve stealth since you can't stealtily approach some zed in the houses,  using couches etc as cover to sneak up on them would be very intense and fun.)

I think the problem you're facing, arcanus, is that when zombies "migrate", they sometimes might get tangled on your house's windows/doors and pound on them until something else distracts them. If you take a bit longer time to adapt to the system and observe the zombie behavior, you'll see that your house isn't the only one falling victim to that thing - they now randomly break in through the buildings, regardless of whether the humans are inside or not. 

alright so i finally put my hand on the new build, yet i have a huge problem with it:

i am a huge fan of stealthy movement/being silent and not killing anything, but with the recent zombie respawn module, some zombies seem to directly charge at me out of my map, i have seen this happen for a few times and it's quite a bad experience for me. don't get me wrong, zombie respawn and having huge loads of zombies is awesome; i play only survival mode. but having zombies that know where i am is a bit weird. i feel like i shouldn't have to fight to do what i want, at least if i'm sneaky enough.

also i would create a thread for this, but im sure people already did:

will there be any updates related to stealth itself like in crouching? (avoiding zed vision from windows/moving a bit slower to make less noise/getting in cover against incoming npc's... since there are a lot of things that have enough to be used as cover in the game, it seems to be that it would work. it would also greatly improve stealth since you can't stealtily approach some zed in the houses, using couches etc as cover to sneak up on them would be very intense and fun.)

crouching will come with new animations soonTM. stealth play is still possible but you need to pick right skills.

Is it possible to keep the old music as well? I love what I've heard of the remastered stuff so far but I cant help miss the old stuff. Also I found the older music flowed better between songs and I never really noticed when the song would switch (aside from the epic battle music). I notice it much more now but it could be that i'm just used to the older music. Maybe have three option in the settings Old, New/Default and Mixed which could incorporate all of the music Zach has created for the game. Just by alternating or randomly choosing a song version ex. old or new; based on situation (which the game already does of course).

Can some dev or mod confirm that change to food/hunger and what was exactly changed ?

I second this.

Nothing was changed with food/hunger as far as I know.  Are you eating existing food or stuff made with recipes?

is it true that hunger and thirst have different values in singleplayer and multiplayer (mp with anything set to default), if that's the case then he might just have confused them

Can some dev or mod confirm that change to food/hunger and what was exactly changed ?

I second this.

Nothing was changed with food/hunger as far as I know.  Are you eating existing food or stuff made with recipes?

It was canned food + chips. I always eat 1/4 and have hearty appetite trait. Well i changed server that day, I used to play on Evil Dead or Singleplayer (survival) and this time i joined official Spiffo space. Perhapse its just server settings but i asked on chat and a lot of players said the same - they have to eat more since last update.

Is it possible to keep the old music as well? I love what I've heard of the remastered stuff so far but I cant help miss the old stuff. Also I found the older music flowed better between songs and I never really noticed when the song would switch (aside from the epic battle music). I notice it much more now but it could be that i'm just used to the older music. Maybe have three option in the settings Old, New/Default and Mixed which could incorporate all of the music Zach has created for the game. Just by alternating or randomly choosing a song version ex. old or new; based on situation (which the game already does of course).

I second this, I prefer the older versions of the tracks, newer ones (some of them anyway) feel off for some reason, they seem too echo-y or just have too much background noises in them.

That and I'm just really used to the old music, which I really, really like to hum to myself and now I can't because of various changes. My humming is broken now :( 

old ost looks more like complete songs, i'd actually enjoy them as a stand alone cd, i'd listen it a lot.
new ost looks more like a... well a horror ost, some tracks are actually better while some are a little bit less... i don't know how to describe it, but i actually found myself more scaried with the new ost.
tl;dr: i think the new ost is better for the game

It was always the intent to add an option in before release of 32, as we've said before last thing we want to be is George Lucas. if people prefer the old tunes, enjoyed them for years, then it's unfair to them to permanently wipe or change the original they loved from history. Han Shot First, right? That's completely legit. EasyP's working on this now as it goes. I always thought the new tracks were of a higher production quality and overall prefered the new ones, but there were old tracks I preferred over new. However I've had this soundtrack for months (we wanted to make sure it was adequately protected and not just distributed sound files since one day we hope for Zach to sell it so its long delayed in going in) and trust me the entire album and the ambience is undeniably better once nostalgia stops colouring your views.

I was just curious what people's reactions would be so asked for it to be kept out of the changelist and get everyone's natural reaction. Almost entirely positive which is awesome, but that said for deffo an option seems fair.

Oh well, the .ogg files in media/music are of the old tracks, I guess I'll be playing that in Winamp for the time being :S

It'll be up for sale on Steam at some point, with moneys going to Zach who deserves it for what he brought to the game - as such we're being stingy with the oggs, sorry!

I was just curious what people's reactions would be so asked for it to be kept out of the changelist and get everyone's natural reaction. Almost entirely positive which is awesome, but that said for deffo an option seems fair.

.. Ooops. Hopefully the entry I added is cryptic enough ;)

This game is a revolution, thank you Pz staff and community!

P.S. (for developers) Is it possible to create a Strenght and Fitness Counter in the skill window? For to see the values of Strenght and Fitness of our characters.

Thanks!

Can't find anything on strength, but I have a bunch of other crap in this mod:

http://pz-mods.net/other/DebugDisplay/

Thanks Tommy!

(...)once nostalgia stops colouring your views(...)

Considering some ambient sounds re-appear in the new soundtrack, last being heard ages ago (Idk, I last heard some of it while playing 0.1.5 I think) It might wake up more nostalgia in some older players :P

It's more creepy, I'll give it that but I have an issue where my speakers output something half between squeaking and white noise sometimes (Unless I turn the Bass dial to zero) and I'm pretty sure that's not intended, should I reinstall or is anyone else getting that?

From poking around with the new version over the last couple of nights, a number of things have become learnable recipes - the first two I spotted being the Insecticide Spray and the Mildew Spray (I may have a minor pest fly problem in my strawberries atm). Are the various sources for learning these in place in the current IWBUMS build as well, or are they effectively out of the game for the moment?

From poking around with the new version over the last couple of nights, a number of things have become learnable recipes - the first two I spotted being the Insecticide Spray and the Mildew Spray (I may have a minor pest fly problem in my strawberries atm). Are the various sources for learning these in place in the current IWBUMS build as well, or are they effectively out of the game for the moment?

If you take farmer you can make them for 100% dunno is there any other way.