RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

Just found out much to my disappointment.............

YOU CAN'T DOODLE OR WRITE WITH CRAYONS :(

Please fix ASAP!

3/10 ign can't colour. Also mayhaps this should go in suggestions if you really want to doodle in a journal and have other players see it.

Just found out much to my disappointment.............

YOU CAN'T DOODLE OR WRITE WITH CRAYONS :(

Please fix ASAP!

3/10 ign can't colour. Also mayhaps this should go in suggestions if you really want to doodle in a journal and have other players see it.

doodles were something you could make to remove boredom, but they might have removed that recipe.......

Anyways, crayons are my preferred method for writing in journals! Adding color text would be quite a bonus though.......

snippity snip snip snip

You guys are so casual, I want to write my journal in blood. I want to doodle on walls with blood. Because my safehouse doesn't have nearly enough insanity as a safehouse of the last guy on earth should have.

But yeah, colored text would be a nice touch, also Comic Sans as a selectable font.

I played a bit more and the only think IMO that needs a little bit balance is zeds respawn timer.

In MP its fine, a group of 3-4 players can clear the area, secure the safehouse and still have time to do other stuff before the zeds respawn. In SP I can clear the area , I need like a day or two to do it (rest time, horde size etc) but then whenever I go for loot run they respawn in the similar size. I don’t mind challenge  but keeping the base safe is a full time job for one player, and as we don’t have NPC`s yet its hard to have a base. Just a small tweak to respawn rate would fix that, so we have like a 3-4 days before another horde will come.

snippity snip snip snip

You guys are so casual, I want to write my journal in blood. I want to doodle on walls with blood. Because my safehouse doesn't have nearly enough insanity as a safehouse of the last guy on earth should have.

But yeah, colored text would be a nice touch, also Comic Sans as a selectable font.

If this happens (comic sans) I'll run a bloody boycott zomboid campaign. Also im pretty sure doodling is in game, but I assumed they meant like. Actual drawings.

I'll quit this job as soon as we have Comic Sans as font.

Seriously, the creator's name is Vincent Connard... Connard mean Asshole in French. SEE? PROOF THAT NO ONE SOULD USE THAT FONT! :D

But that font is PERFECT for crayon scribbling in journals!

Don't use guns guys, after surviving for two months, having all the rain barrels and a really cool safehouse, I fired a shotgun. And banned myself from my hideout.

mm8bITe.png

There is easily like over 1000 zombies there, impossible to fit on one screen, I had to lower my graphics settings, it's that good. I love Build 32 so fking much.

Also, I was joking about comic sans... Don't kill me, I might bite afterwards.

Don't use guns guys, after surviving for two months, having all the rain barrels and a really cool safehouse, I fired a shotgun. And banned myself from my hideout.

mm8bITe.png

There is easily like over 1000 zombies there, impossible to fit on one screen, I had to lower my graphics settings, it's that good. I love Build 32 so fking much.

Also, I was joking about comic sans... Don't kill me, I might bite afterwards.

Like I've been saying, not only is the new update a challenge to us, but it challenges our computer hardware too.

snip

Yeah, my poor CPU can't take much more of this. But I must say that Intel HD Graphics are better than people make them out to be. FPS dropped only from 60 to 25 with about few hundred all 3D zeds on screen, it was still playable, just not very pleasant for the eye (And it felt like crap). And it did go back to 60 after getting 3D Player + 20 Zeds.

All being said, I find PZ to be crazy well optimized considering how much stuff can be going on on screen and it still being very playable.

But something needs to be done about the zombie tornado effect in huge hordes, the middle of the horde is just running in circles, it looks ridiculous.

Seriously, the creator's name is Vincent Connard... Connard mean Asshole in French. SEE? PROOF THAT NO ONE SOULD USE THAT FONT! :D

It actually means "jerk" if I may correct you ! :D But yeah, same spirit of insult

It actually means "jerk" if I may correct you ! :D But yeah, same spirit of insult

Don't you dare correct me on insult! I'm the master of insults! :D

snip

Yeah, my poor CPU can't take much more of this. But I must say that Intel HD Graphics are better than people make them out to be. FPS dropped only from 60 to 25 with about few hundred all 3D zeds on screen, it was still playable, just not very pleasant for the eye (And it felt like crap). And it did go back to 60 after getting 3D Player + 20 Zeds.

All being said, I find PZ to be crazy well optimized considering how much stuff can be going on on screen and it still being very playable.

But something needs to be done about the zombie tornado effect in huge hordes, the middle of the horde is just running in circles, it looks ridiculous.

Yeah... I have 8GB RAM + high-end GeForce GFX Card + i7 Processor and I've noticed in Build 32 zombies lag me (which NEVER happened before, ever.)

Besides that, awesome new build! :D

I cant refill empty cas cans on fuel stations after electricity shut-off. I already placed a working generator near to but there is still no Option to refill.

Yeah, that's done on purpose, generators only work for indoor stuff, not stuff like fuel pumps. You'll find Gas Cans around the map that are not empty though. Would be nice if some generators still had fuel in them too.

I cant refill empty cas cans on fuel stations after electricity shut-off. I already placed a working generator near to but there is still no Option to refill.

Yeah, that's done on purpose, generators only work for indoor stuff, not stuff like fuel pumps. You'll find Gas Cans around the map that are not empty though. Would be nice if some generators still had fuel in them too.

I think it would be nice as well if we can get just fuel pumps working with generators maybe only as electrician (or with higher levels of electrical skill). Carrying a generator to a gas station and grap the fuel is a tough job and regarding the disadvantages of generators (noise) it would make them more valuable in the long run. I'm still not sure if its worth running a generator just to keep the fridge working for a week after the electricity shut down.

But overall I have a lots of fun with that Build :)

Quick question, I'm wondering how the game will be when Windows 10 is out because I might get a free upgrade and I'm cautious as to how the game works on Windows 8 not to mind 10, think it's a good idea or no because it could break every game I downloaded?  :oops:

I think it would be nice as well if we can get just fuel pumps working with generators maybe only as electrician (or with higher levels of electrical skill). Carrying a generator to a gas station and grap the fuel is a tough job and regarding the disadvantages of generators (noise) it would make them more valuable in the long run. I'm still not sure if its worth running a generator just to keep the fridge working for a week after the electricity shut down.

Just my opinion. For some reason it was natural for me to refill the gas-cans on the Gas station while a running generator is near to.

It would be very interesting in multyplayer too because the Gas station will turn into a little pvp place where players are walking to and fight For every drop of fuel to keep their safehouses warm in winter or to make food more durable.

Maybe you could set a counter, lets say something about 500 to simulate a big tank under the station and if the count is reached than the tank is empty. So gas farming still comes to an end after some time.

totally agree, i think that the actual system makes the generators useless, because they will work for a too short period of time for me to bother gathering what i need. if generators could make the pumps work, then it would adda genuinely risk to the game even on the end game part, where you risk often just to gather some gas. maybe this could work with a system that checks if zombies are in the area, and the generator could work only if the area is populated, so that it's not exploitable and it's a constant risk to refill