RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

Tweaked zombie spawn numbers based on feedback. These are mostly identical to LeoIvanov's settings.

What was LeoIvanov's idea? I was checking this topic few pages back but I found nothing specific about new settings. I'm curious.

Ho-ly shit, the new zombie respawn system is AMAZING. I loaded a save from the previous build that I had survived one month on, a couple days later a huge horde of zombies came charging towards my base at Cortman Medical. I led the huge horde away and went home to get a shotty, but then zombies started knockin' on my door, so I tried to take them on and of course got brutally murdered. Best death I have EVER had in my entire 170+ hours of playing the game. Keep up the great work devs!

BTW, one thing that has plagued me for ages and I just never brought up:

Can you please load the server list only when the player clicks on "public servers"? I regularly have very spotty internet connection and having to wait for a TCP timeout (that may come only after 2+ minutes) every time I'm starting PZ is very aggravating...

I usually put "127.0.0.1 www.projectzomboid.com" into my /etc/hosts then, but it's really not nice :-(

Can you please load the server list only when the player clicks on "public servers"? I regularly have very spotty internet connection and having to wait for a TCP timeout (that may come only after 2+ minutes) every time I'm starting PZ is very aggravating...

I usually put "127.0.0.1 www.projectzomboid.com" into my /etc/hosts then, but it's really not nice :-(

Changed.  2 minutes damn :cry:

I would like to suggest editing the OP to include the changelogs of the versions released after the OP was created, so we don't have to look through 25+ pages of comments to find the smaller changelogs. You could do this either by adding the logs to the OP, or linking them in the OP. It wouldn't be that much work and would make life easier for all of us that don't check this thread everyday and still want to know whats new in the game.

Will try to from now on.

If you see this not being practiced in the future, feel free to nudge :)

OP updated.

Changed.  2 minutes damn :cry:

Awesome, thanks :D

New version, 32.8!

• THE EXCITING CRAFTING UI! Press "B" (default) or click the left icon to show it.
  • It allows you to see every recipes you know (some may need to be learnt from books, not all books are coded already, it'll be there soon)
  • It also check for items in surrounding containers and automatically grab them.
  • The above now also works for right clicking to craft!
  • (I may have broke controller support on it for now, it'll be fixed don't worry)
  • Evolved recipes also works for this! Check in your cooking tab!
  • Also this update include few fixes/EP zombie population management fixes/balancing etc...

New version, 32.8!

New Indie Stone Logo screen? Thanks! It will be much better for playing at nights as the previous black>white>black had a flashbang effect on the eyes.

I also checked out the new Crafting UI and it looks great, even mod recipes seem to work well, great job!

Did you guys considered making all crafting recipes visible for all occupations? Like white - you can craft it, gray - you know how to craft it but dont have mats, red - you dont have skill to craft it.

Did you guys considered making all crafting recipes visible for all occupations? Like white - you can craft it, gray - you know how to craft it but dont have mats, red - you dont have skill to craft it.

Nope, the non known recipes won't show untill you learn them from books/magazine :)

Nope, the non known recipes won't show untill you learn them from books/magazine :)

ok, im a bit sad but i will live with it ;)

BTW some jar recipes dont have vege in required items, and pipe bomb dont have gunpowder.

You can actually delete ash piles.  If you use a sledgehammer you can "destroy" them.  Just burn the corpses normally, and then use a sledgehammer.  That's kept my safehouse nice and tidy, that is, until a 100+ zed horde came through and turned it to rubble.

Next safehouse is just going to be a friggin' floating platform with rope sheets to get in a out.

I'm not sure if this is caused by the new build, but now i can't connect to my server. The game just freezes at "loading world".

Exception:

using spawn region Muldraugh, KY
9 possible spawn points
tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tiles
tiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tiles
tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions_erosion.tiles
java.io.EOFException
at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)
at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:915)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1144)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:223)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:197)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
45, 33

Loading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua

[...]

Next safehouse is just going to be a friggin' floating platform with rope sheets to get in a out.

Same here. except I don't put Wood Pillars because they munch on that too, I discovered, yes :), they cannot munch on window frames that are not boarded up. so for the visual and realistic support I place a few window frames under my platform :).

now you only need to survive sliding down the sheet ropes  :shock:

Killer new update !! :) you guys gotta' stop updating I'm becoming a Zomboid-Addict  :mrgreen: