RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

Started a game that i called Weapon Fun lol : i just wanted to test the balance of guns and zombies, im on Build 32.5.

Go to police station start to defend this place, do stockpile of ammo and start use guns to kill zombies. And Wow...After two days of intense fighting with zombies with my favorites guns, i don't understand why some zombies respawn inside building...When i run out of shotgun shells, i go to stockpile and see two zombies in the room :huh: , even the first time that ill came, they have two zombies that i killed, but this room didn't have windows or doors that zombie could break outside. So what the hell did ,they respawn inside this building lol ?! (Happen twice time also).

The balance of zombie population has changed the interest of using firearms at zombie, you shot one time and surprise ! One OMGWTFBBQ horde coming :blink:  ! Come on we don't have silencers guns for now ! The noise is now something of dangerous, too noise = too many zombies. So far in my game my last word is : guns is useless to use at zombie except if you are level 10 shooting, be a veteran, have a M249 and lots, lots lots of ammo). The only thing that i like is the stealth tactics, but sometime get boring,to always use stealth. At your home you have one hundred ammo, guns and don't you want to use because is too dangerous, so for safety reasons use bats, axe, knife, and don't provoke the horde :angry: .

In a other game (no weapon fun this time) the number of zombie at the begining make that is quite hard to make a good base (no axe, saw, and nails so hurry to find this one quickly).

I appreciate the return of molotov, bombs and generator (but books for me is quite hard to find, only find one in my game, i've look also in the crates of my weapon fun game loot : Abundant, no one), But the molotov... lol that make me laugh the first that i could use it again. I launched one start to burn, zombies where in fire and... OMG fire spreading because zombie followed me :lol: (Carfull when launch one ^^) , and i noticed that need long time to kill zombie with fire :/ ill waited a couple of hours in the game to saw their death.

snip

Oh, guns are very useful, trust me. If it wasn't for my shotgun I'd be dead or homeless right now. They are pretty useful for defending bases in remote locations where there isn't THAT many zombies, it took one in-game day but I managed to defend my base and no more zombies came in the past 3 days so I'm safe for a week or two.

Shooting is a stupid and suicidal thing to do when you're in the middle of West Point or Muldraugh but in the wilderness, guns become an acceptable alternative for melee, risky but acceptable, if you have enough ammo and the skill to use them. And beta blockers.

Could anyone tell me the object ID for the recipe/book that teaches use of generators? I am currently trying these new features out coop using a local server, and we have found many recipes but not the one we need. Our generator is sitting ready, and electricity is now off so it's a race against bacteria essentially. Short of this info I will add a new char that can use the generators, but it would be easier right now to just use the book.

Many thanks

Could anyone tell me the object ID for the recipe/book that teaches use of generators? I am currently trying these new features out coop using a local server, and we have found many recipes but not the one we need. Our generator is sitting ready, and electricity is now off so it's a race against bacteria essentially. Short of this info I will add a new char that can use the generators, but it would be easier right now to just use the book.

Many thanks

ElectronicsMag4 is how the item is called in scripts (it's ID, basically). In-game it shows up with "How to Use Generators" name.

Recipe that it teaches is called "Generator"

[single player] For zombie respawn - is there a way to tie the respawn rate comparable to the total skillpoint level of the character?

I'm comfortable with the initial number of zombies and them grouping themselves into hordes - its fun as all heck sprinting into the gas station, refilling a gas can with them moving in close, then bailing before they get too close, *maybe* with a full can or two for my efforts.  And I'm comfortable with them respawning somewhat, but I'd like to see this constant zombie repopulation scaling with the tier-ing of the character.

Something like 5% respawn/day for the first 20 skill points (including those at character gen; would give *some* breathing room), +2% each further skill point, so that if that sector started with 400 zombies you could still 'clear' an area with occasional zombies respawning in that area until one has acquired more skills.  And I'm just throwing those numbers out my ass; its the process more than the actual %.

I'd also like to see something like Lamp Posts, barbed wire fencing, or other build-able object, reducing the % of daily spawn rate in that sector.  This wouldn't halt zombies from spawning, nor prevent them to horde in from another area, but would be an incentive to base build - of which I feel with the current system there is no incentive to do so.

snip

Oh, guns are very useful, trust me. If it wasn't for my shotgun I'd be dead or homeless right now. They are pretty useful for defending bases in remote locations where there isn't THAT many zombies, it took one in-game day but I managed to defend my base and no more zombies came in the past 3 days so I'm safe for a week or two.

Shooting is a stupid and suicidal thing to do when you're in the middle of West Point or Muldraugh but in the wilderness, guns become an acceptable alternative for melee, risky but acceptable, if you have enough ammo and the skill to use them. And beta blockers.

Yeah i agree with you, i don't want to say that guns is useless at all. I said with take of your example to shot to zombies at Middle of West Point or near the Police station is useless except if you want to saw a big zombie horde or even die, i also agree with you if you got base with small (or very small) zombie population, and you broke your melee weapon yes that guns is usefull. Of course when i played to Build 31, for me, I was more able to use guns (I was a little more confident than now to use them, (due to zombie population) now it's like : Got a pistol with few ammo wanna shoot zombie ? Nah too dangerous. Guns is for now still able to use, but carefully due to their noise they generate (for attract zombies), and also use it as you said in case of emergency (extreme if you are in a place with lot of zombies).

Is there a way to make pipe bomb ? I was not able to find any book with that skills. I know the recipe and have the mats.

You need to choose the Engineer profession to make bombs.

I did. Someone on Zeeks server told thay only way to get them is to spawn them.

Is it just me or has the difficulty increased exponentially in the last few builds?  I'm not talking about the number of zombies but about the how it seems like zombies have greatly increased sight and hearing ranges.  Zombies see me from across the map now, and can hear me well enough on the third story that they are going crazy underneath me at ground level, none of this was an issue before.  They also seem less stupid when it comes to pathing, they actually seem to climb stairs better without getting stuck.  I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but the change in difficulty is rather dramatic imo.

snip

Yeah, their path finding seems a lot better (Although, for me they keep getting stuck at stairs even more than they used to). Hearing? Most definitely better. Sight? I don't know, feels the same as it always was but I do play with Conspicuous trait most of the time so they see me a lot.

And it's going to increase even more since some zombie related bugs are getting fixed (Zombies will pour through doors after they're open\broken instead of going idle).

I don't mind it at all, we have plenty of customization options for sandbox, there is something for everybody there.

snip

Yeah, their path finding seems a lot better (Although, for me they keep getting stuck at stairs even more than they used to). Hearing? Most definitely better. Sight? I don't know, feels the same as it always was but I do play with Conspicuous trait most of the time so they see me a lot.

And it's going to increase even more since some zombie related bugs are getting fixed (Zombies will pour through doors after they're open\broken instead of going idle).

I don't mind it at all, we have plenty of customization options for sandbox, there is something for everybody there.

Heard they've got on stairs in a few places. Might be worth filing a bug with map locations if you can :)

Can zombies spawn inside buildings?  I met a minor horde in my base, and none of my barricades were compromised, and I'm 95% certain I closed and locked all the doors.  I can see no point of possible entry.  I just need to know if I messed up, or if it's a bug, or if they can actually spawn in my base.  T_T

Wveth, you have most probably left a door open. As it has been stated in the first post of this thread (woah!) if there is no clear (accessible) path from a random spot on the map to the desired spawn location, the zombie won`t spawn. Which is kinda a bummer because I leave the front doors of the houses that I have already looted open :P.

Can zombies spawn inside buildings?  I met a minor horde in my base, and none of my barricades were compromised, and I'm 95% certain I closed and locked all the doors.  I can see no point of possible entry.  I just need to know if I messed up, or if it's a bug, or if they can actually spawn in my base.  T_T

Got the same problem at police station, in the guns room precisely, i take some shotgun shells and i let the first door open, the second i closed it, when i got back to pick up ammo and guns again,  one or two zombie has spawned in ! (I closed the first door but the second was open, and also there no windows that zombie could break outside). The same at cloakroom ! I used it to sleept, when i finished to sleept, i got out and closed the door, next night openened the door, 3 zombies has spawned in ! 

When Golden State will win a playoff and Curry will be MVP.

NEVER, LONG LIVE BULLS! MWAHAHAHAHAH

Woops sorry.

We aim for this year!

So uhm, Curry is MVP and the Warriors are 1 game away from the championship... 

Shhhhhh, stop being a bully.

At least I'm glad they'll defeat the Cavs.. I hate them (seriously, Bulls are eliminated because of referees bullshit :()

Okay so my findings on this build so far:

-I find there to be a tad too much zombies on the normal setting. It feels like the old high or even insane setting. I prefer it to be toned down a bit.

-I like the new challenges, though I can never even get to the winter part in the Winter is coming challenge haha.

-The fact that zombies seem to be smarter is a good thing.

One general thing that's not specific to this build: On the loot setting extremely rare, I still seem to find an abundance of stuff. Maybe I'm just lucky? (no I didn't select that trait :P )

Anyways keep up the good work guys!

I would like to suggest editing the OP to include the changelogs of the versions released after the OP was created, so we don't have to look through 25+ pages of comments to find the smaller changelogs. You could do this either by adding the logs to the OP, or linking them in the OP. It wouldn't be that much work and would make life easier for all of us that don't check this thread everyday and still want to know whats new in the game.

Build 32.7 released. This will probably be the final IWBUMS before going public.

• Fixed client crash in ZombiePopulationManager.updateMain(). (Issue #001803 etc)
  • Added zombie radar panel to Last Stand #2 so all zombies can be located.
  • Use the old house-in-the-woods map for Last Stand #2 until issues with the larger map are resolved.
  • Fixed generators draining fuel/condition when activated in multiplayer.(Issue #001806)
  • Fixed infinite loop in PlayerDownloadServer when ServerSocket can't be created. (Issue #001809)
  • Reimplemented zombie-grouping code again.  Zombies gather around a leader instead of randomly-chosen map locations.  Zombie leaders try to stay away from each other.
  • Added Sandbox UI for the new zombie-population settings (click the "Advanced" button under population setings).
  • Removed sandbox options ZombiesRespawn and ZombiesRespawnPercent.
  • Removed HoursForZombiesRespawn and ZombiesRespawnPercent options from server.ini file.
  • Sandbox presets can now be deleted.
  • Fixed boredom/unhappiness when making bowls of soup/stew from a pot.(Issue #001821)
  • Removed the unused "change graphics" keybind. (Issue #001794)
  • Zombies lunge at players through opened/destroyed doors the zombie was thumping. (Issue #001766)
  • Fixed zombies on the ground being pushed by other zombies.
  • Server /reloadoptions command reloads the zombies.ini file as well.
  • Tweaked zombie spawn numbers based on feedback.  These are mostly identical to LeoIvanov's settings.
  • Fixed zombies stopping thumping to lunge at nearby players repeatedly.
  • Fixed survival guide saying to hold LMB to charge attacks. (Issue #001829)
  • Fixed stacks of harvested plants and scavenged food items not aging until the stack is expanded. (Issue #001823)
  • Fixed harvesting an already-harvested plant by right-click spamming. (Issue #001827)
  • Fixed wrong item icons for Hunting Knife and Nailed Baseball Bat.  (Issue #001826)
  • Fixed missing Alarm Clock sprite after placing.  Allow setting the timer. (Issue #001824)
  • Unequip a trap before placing it, if needed.  Show the progress bar during placing.
  • Fixed stabbing weapons sometimes doing no damage to an attacking zombie. (Issue #001695)

Reimplemented zombie-grouping code again.  Zombies gather around a leader instead of randomly-chosen map locations.  Zombie leaders try to stay away from each other.

So zombies are going to become some sort of wolves pack?

What happens if the leader dies? Another one gets picked?