RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

First of all: I really like this game, you´re doing a great job - best zombie game ever with a great atmosphere !!!

My first 5 runs ended very fast in the first 3 days, but i enjoy the challenge of build 32...before it was a way too easy to survive - again good job :)

My last run ended a few minutes ago (survival mode). I managed to settle in the isolated house in the north of muldraugh (the one with the fence you can´t look throuh) and survived 14 days. I prepared my last meal before the shutdown and heard some moaning in the garden. Ok i thought...nothing new for me in this build...there are already dozens of killed zombies in the garden. So i went out and killed 4 zeds and returned to cooking.

A few seconds later i´ve heared another moaning, stopped cooking and wanted to clear the garden...opened the door and was suddenly surrounded by 10 zeds...you could imagine how it ends :D

I really have no clue how they managed it to get so fast directly to my door ? Are they spawning directly in front of my door ?

I´ve played 120+hours so far and gathered some experiences, but actually i am confused about this situation.

Released a little update, same build 32.5, that fixes "admin" username not working.  There was a change to disallow "admin XYZ" usernames because people were pretending to be admins, but it broke the actual "admin" account.

V32.5

Can`t open windows inside houses o_O. Still too many zombies with "low" option in sandbox. And still can`t find axe =(

Weird - zombies seem perfect for Zeeks Haven server. Haven't had any issues since the initial release of Build 32 IWBUMS. (Sandbox)

First of all: I really like this game, you´re doing a great job - best zombie game ever with a great atmosphere !!!

My first 5 runs ended very fast in the first 3 days, but i enjoy the challenge of build 32...before it was a way too easy to survive - again good job :)

My last run ended a few minutes ago (survival mode). I managed to settle in the isolated house in the north of muldraugh (the one with the fence you can´t look throuh) and survived 14 days. I prepared my last meal before the shutdown and heard some moaning in the garden. Ok i thought...nothing new for me in this build...there are already dozens of killed zombies in the garden. So i went out and killed 4 zeds and returned to cooking.

A few seconds later i´ve heared another moaning, stopped cooking and wanted to clear the garden...opened the door and was suddenly surrounded by 10 zeds...you could imagine how it ends :D

I really have no clue how they managed it to get so fast directly to my door ? Are they spawning directly in front of my door ?

I´ve played 120+hours so far and gathered some experiences, but actually i am confused about this situation.

Same here!

I managed to lure a big group of zeds away from my safehouse, just to see, that when im coming back there is a new group of zeds...

I can't post to the bugs forum, but it seems like the "zombie homing device" causes a HUGE increase in processing power, plus I noticed a bug where the zombies on the ground level "flash" in-between a zombie and your character's sprite, it may or may not involve loading the game during that time.  I've also noticed that even on zombie low levels in sandbox, they hone in on your base, which is fine, but the lag that one suffers is worse than any infected bite.  If you escape your safe-house, the rest of the area is devoid of zombies, which makes it easy to game the new system.  1) Create a safe-house that's enclosed, sit and wait. 2) Create a 2nd level that's accessible only by sheet rope  3)Zombies swarm the whole base  4)  Climb down outside of the enclosed base while it's being ravaged like a viking on a virgin village.  5) Run like hell 4 feet away and the rest of the square is clear for you to loot.  6) shoot a gun somewhere away from your safe-house and then wait for the swarm to go there.   7) go back and rebuild (or restart, since you died at step 2.)

Blah Blah I have an awesome avatar.

I will be the first to say you have the avatar of the bomb-threat from SimTower. God my childhood.

Anyways thanks for the updates Easy. Glad the zombies has been fixed to not be so overwhelming. 

Blah Blah I have an awesome avatar.

<snip>SimTower. God my childhood. </snip>

I absolutely loved that game! Lmao good times back in the day!

I also feel pretty good about the zombies right now. Not too many, not too few. Seem to be homing in on a good balance. Keep up the great work guys!

Yeah, if they're moving and crawling around, you'll know they ain't dead.  It would be cool to occasionally see random corpses that try to bite you when you get close though!

This should also introduce 'decapitate' as a context-sensitive action for those equipped with axes, saws or hunting knives.

HI devz

Not sure if this was brought up allready dont have the time to check right now (22 pages in full)

I am running a MP server for me and a friend i just noticed that i have to be in front of a door to open it. windows work fine but when i go upstairs or through a window and the house is tilted so that the Doors are blocked by walls i can not get into them, The right click option only shows walk here no matter where i click in the area of the doors.

The problem fixes itself if i can get around to see the door from the front (lower left screen edge) but thats not possible all the time

Sry am at work and the laptop with the admin console log is at home so cant post whats in it.

oops: Build 32.5 with Mod Hydrocraft

Edited by Mikagaru

Build 32.6 released

• Fixed "admin" account not working (already released this as a hotfix earlier).
  • Added zombies.ini file in every save to configure zombie-population settings.  On Windows you'll need a text editor other than Notepad that can handle Unix-style line endings, such as Notepad2 or Notepad++, if you want to edit this file.
  • Fixed combination-padlock dialog not working with the controller. (Issue #001800)
  • Use newer version of sqlite-jdbc that works on Linux. (Issue #001798)

Build 32.6 released

• Fixed "admin" account not working (already released this as a hotfix earlier).
  • Added zombies.ini file in every save to configure zombie-population settings.  On Windows you'll need a text editor other than Notepad that can handle Unix-style line endings, such as Notepad2 or Notepad++, if you want to edit this file.
  • Fixed combination-padlock dialog not working with the controller. (Issue #001800)

oh no i just updated our serevr and its hanging at the black screen where you "click to skip"  wont go any further, i did have a mod installed APCOM, deactivated it but still no one can get passed

Build 32.6 released

oh no i just updated our serevr and its hanging at the black screen where you "click to skip"  wont go any further, i did have a mod installed APCOM, deactivated it but still no one can get passed

Same here, hangs on regular and admin accounts.

On a new server, allows you to create character, and then my server crashes when it loads in, something about a nullpointerexception at 'zombiepopulationmanager.updatemain()' at line 2188 maybe? Not sure how to copy the trace from the command window.  It came from InGameState 542 if that helps.

Finally, I don't see a zombie.ini file in any of the server files.  Perhaps this file is missing?

The servername_zombies.ini file was created properly after a while on my server in .../Zomboid/Server/

It seems that it is auto-created after a short while (possibly next day 8:00 AM like the other post mentioned).

Still hangs on loading, even after a reboot, seems unrelated.