RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

The problem is not surviving, it's really easy to just get out into the woods where there are no zombies. The only problem I have with the amount of zombies is that they seems to pinpoint player built items and destroy them. I ran from a horde that was attacking my safe house. Even tho I always walk or sneak inside, and there's no way they could see me. I ran out and the horde started to follow me so I lead them away from my safe house and looped around and when I came back 70% of my outer walls was destroyed by another horde. Feels a bit like they destroys things just because. I wasn't even in there, and there were already openings if they wanted to get in. They also started attacking my lamp post thingie, poor thing. I also don't want to play farm sim, but the change from no zombies to about 200-300 that was attacking my house is a bit steep :)

Edit: one more minor thing. When filling a water bottle from a pot that's on the ground or in a container it now moves the pot to your inventory before you can fill your bottle which is a bit of a hassle. It didn't use to do that in .31
I feel this could be changed when it comes to a lot of things, like when eating some pills from your medical stash. it would be nice if you put them back automatically.

Wowie zowie! This build is the toots! Loving the challenge modes and the new, genuinely threatening atmosphere from zombies!

Can anyone confirm already if they properly open doors in sandbox yet? I meant to check, but got distacted and now I'm super impatient and kinda frustrated since I've wanted to try that since the first time I saw it.

The only problem I have with the amount of zombies is that they seems to pinpoint player built items and destroy them.

IT IS REALLY HAPPENING?!

So there's finally a reason to build a base that you actually need to defend? Ermagerd jeez oh boy oh boy.

Wowie zowie! This build is the toots! Loving the challenge modes and the new, genuinely threatening atmosphere from zombies!

Can anyone confirm already if they properly open doors in sandbox yet? I meant to check, but got distacted and now I'm super impatient and kinda frustrated since I've wanted to try that since the first time I saw it.

Yeah! Zombies CAN open doors and windows in that mode :P It's awesome to play with those options, difficult but not impossible, entering any house is damn scary, going to sleep on anything but the second floor is even worse. (Sheet Rope and Heavy Barricading is a must to survive)

Is it just me, or is the zombie popuation bumped up by default?

Anyways, if it is I have t say i LOVE IT!!!

There has to be lots of zombeys by default. Without a challenge it becomes boring.

I die more often now and that's annoying. But it is the way it should be, and that makes it FUN!

Have you guys tweaked how tiredness works?  In my newest Survival game, without any traits that negatively affect sleeping or sleep patterns, my character gets tired after about twelve hours of being awake.  Not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if it's intentional.

Have you guys tweaked how tiredness works?  In my newest Survival game, without any traits that negatively affect sleeping or sleep patterns, my character gets tired after about twelve hours of being awake.  Not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if it's intentional.

I often use the sleepy head trait, it does seem like tiredness comes on faster lately, which is nice, now my character feels like I do all the time.

Is there a compiled list of the bugs in the current IWBUMS version somewhere? I really want to play it, but my old save was just getting good so I want to make sure there are not major bugs before I switch.

Is there a compiled list of the bugs in the current IWBUMS version somewhere? I really want to play it, but my old save was just getting good so I want to make sure there are not major bugs before I switch.

Most known ones will be in the Tracker more could pop up anytime however, that's why IWBUMS

That's why it's called IWBUMS (I Will Back Up My Savegame). So you don't lose something you hold dear :)

Yeah! Zombies CAN open doors and windows in that mode :P It's awesome to play with those options, difficult but not impossible, entering any house is damn scary, going to sleep on anything but the second floor is even worse. (Sheet Rope and Heavy Barricading is a must to survive)

Yea, it's great but one problem - apparently zombies are able to freaking pick locks :D I doubt that is intentional - I mean, if I lock doors zombies shouldn't be able to open those and just run inside, heh.

Yea, it's great but one problem - apparently zombies are able to freaking pick locks :D I doubt that is intentional - I mean, if I lock doors zombies shouldn't be able to open those and just run inside, heh.

When I locked the door it did stop the zombie, it was jsut banging his head on it. Also, funny thing, one zombie entered through the window and opened the door from inside this one time so it's friends could come in. Bastards are becoming self aware.

Difficulty changes aside (Which are always valid - just because some people find it 'manageable' doesn't mean that's how difficult the main game mode should necessarily be. The main point is always fun, and having one where you cant go outside your starting house without having to run through the whole town to eventually escape the mass of zombies that inevitably see you isn't fun) I'd like to say that the tutorial is great. I know people have a hard time getting the basics down, and I think it did a good job of getting those across.

How valid is it if only a small number of people find it unmanageable, instead of the majority, as you portray?

They can have fun in sandbox if Survival's harder difficulty is unfun. (But we'll see what EasyPickin's changes brings.)

Being in beta the concerns aren't really that great, because of course the difficulty will inevitably fluctuate, but when it comes closer to release some kind of poll would be nice to see how people are finding the general survival difficulty. It's hard to say right now which group is the minority, but when people with a lot of experience with the game, who are also committed enough to be posting on forums about it, are saying that its too difficult, I imagine the average player with less experience is finding it even worse. Again though, zombie counts aren't of great concern in beta branches. Glitches that effect combat on the other hand I'd say are the more pressing issue.

I was going to come on here and ask if anyone thought the game got easier since the latest 32.3 update but after having to drop everything I looted because I kept getting cornered, I have to say, it's a job amazingly well done. This is exactly what I wanted for ages, small groups that are big enough to corner me in so many areas.

I think it's fine how it is now until things such as NPCs change how the game plays with this and cars etc... My first death really sucked but that was because I left the light on. I personally love it and really hope it stays this way! Maybe even harder in future builds with other additions like I said. :D

I cannot wait for this update! I have been tempted to be a part of IWBUMS but I'm a little scared at the same time. Haha! I am on a server with a few of my friends with the vanilla game. Will that effect me playing on their server going forward? Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this.... I'm new. :unsure: