RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

This is on normal sandbox settings. I admit I did start with a starter kit. But, surviving in this build is not impossible. Challenging yes, but not impossible, or even overly difficult. I have my safehouse fortified (learned my lesson from a massive wave of zeds moving because of the meta-events), I have a source of water, and I have just planted my first set of crops while securing my farmland. Don't despair, you'll get there.

http://i.imgur.com/KJrk9f6.jpg

PS If I can do this with my favorite weapon being my bare hands, you can too.

Been wondering, a lot of new stuff has been added to the game in terms of loot, and while some is clearly useless (like all that makeup and perfume that the Zeds now drop), there are some more useful-looking objects I'm rather curious if they have a function or not.

Do light bulbs, pipes and credit cards serve any function?

Been wondering, a lot of new stuff has been added to the game in terms of loot, and while some is clearly useless (like all that makeup and perfume that the Zeds now drop), there are some more useful-looking objects I'm rather curious if they have a function or not.

Do light bulbs, pipes and credit cards serve any function?

It would be great to use credit cards to open up doors.

Did some sample looting with the change in sandbox, and the only thing that I really noticed was more misc loot. Sample size of 31 sheds yielded (with lucky) .....

6 generators

8 empty gas cans

5 gas cans

2 generator manuals

9 electronics manuals

So essentially, you'll need to clear out about 15~20 sheds to be able to run a generator as a non-electrician.

- Zombies not dying/reacting to the hits is still there (tried to do the one-stab kill with a knife, but zombie ignored it and scratched my face xD)

- When I used "remove broken glass from window", the sprite did not change into the proper, empty one.

For the first time I feel the game is challenging. I've started my character in 31.13 on '8 month after the apocalypse' with long zombie memory. Killed over a 1000 of zeds in about a month. Now that 32.2 is out I felt something new. I felt threatened. So threatened that I even shut the blinds in my upstairs bedroom window. I had to use fire (molotovs) to kill zombies for the first time as well. With every meta sound there are hordes of zombies coming in from previously cleared out areas. It even crossed my mind once to turn off Svarog's weapon nerf mod :P Now i have ~1.5k zombies killed without even leaving the block where my safehouse is.

Good job, Devs!

Suggestions to the suggestions subforum please :) Everything about the build here. Specifically  feedback, etc is good here. We're especially interested in challenge experiences, and experiences with the new weapons & generator.

Does west point have a electronics store?

If not, can you add one in 32.3?

Because each city would obviously each have at least one.

There should be like seven radioshacks in each city. A radioshack is a electronics, and electronic parts store.

That might explain why i can't find speakers if their loot is only set for electronic stores.

Suggestions to the suggestions subforum please :) Everything about the build here. Specifically  feedback, etc is good here. We're especially interested in challenge experiences, and experiences with the new weapons & generator.

Well, its indirectly tied to the patch if its about adding an electronics store to Westpoint (since speakers now have a use? Not even sure if its the only place they spawn). Perhaps a better solution is to have speakers as an uncommon loot in households.

- Zombies not dying/reacting to the hits is still there (tried to do the one-stab kill with a knife, but zombie ignored it and scratched my face xD)

That was an issue in 31 as well. Not all knife jaw-stabs are lethal what makes knives pretty much useless (or extremely dangerous to use and just not worth the risk).

That was an issue in 31 as well. Not all knife jaw-stabs are lethal what makes knives pretty much useless (or extremely dangerous to use and just not worth the risk).

Personally, I think I'd rather not let a zomble get close enough to me that I *could* use a knife as a valid weapon.. but this is probably worth a bug report ;)

Personally, I think I'd rather not let a zomble get close enough to me that I *could* use a knife as a valid weapon.. but this is probably worth a bug report ;)

Well, it was a lone zombie, facing away from me, and being my usual confident self I came up to it and tried to one-shot it like a true survivor that I was. But I failed, utterly. It just turned around and scratched me like it did this a thousand times, like it expected me to try and stab it... I think they are evolving. Soon enough the oldest ones will grab a stick and learn how to moan "Damn kids getting on my grass again!"

I totally forgot about the bug section (*cough* my bad), I'll get to writing it immediately.

Well, its indirectly tied to the patch if its about adding an electronics store to Westpoint (since speakers now have a use? Not even sure if its the only place they spawn). Perhaps a better solution is to have speakers as an uncommon loot in households.

Not only that. 

But to make it not a chore to search everywhere to find the parts to fix a generator.

Better yet, add in the ability to dismantle lamps and televisions and ovens and wall clocks.

That will make it less of a chore. all of those things have circuit boards. Add in computers, just make them do nothing for a while, but when disassembled, give you 30 scrap electronics (there's alot of shit in a pc)

This is all because electronic scraps are hard to come by when they should be dirt cheap, offices should be loaded with pcs and calculators and phones and printers and shit.

You should be walking out with hundreds of electric scrap.

This is the silicon age.

Silicon chips and wires and circuts are some of the highly common things everywhere.

Loving survival now :)

Day 1

load up 2 zombies on my window run to kitchen grab first weapon i find a butter knife. So i let them in and kill them. run back and loo though the cabinets find 2 spoons and a fork. about that time i hear zombies knocking on my door. so i run though my window circle around 5 zombies right outside my door. I spoon them to death. unlock my door and go upstairs find a baseball bat a Normal hiking bag and move out to try and clear around my house. 59 zombies later i fall into bed and pass out.

Total kills: 67

Day 2

Grab a bite to eat and a drink run over to the shed next door find some nails glue and a hammer fix up my bat and decide to go clear out Cortmans. Run into 3 hordes of about 37 total. kill them off and clear the glass from a window and hop in. kill 3 zombies in the house clear out the medical supplies and run back to my safe house. Run into about 15 more zombies on the way back. Grab a bite hit the bed asleep.

Total kills: 122

Day 3

While i was sleeping a gunshot goes off and when i awake i hear banging on my door........ i quickly turn my broken bat into a spiked bat climb out my 2nd story sheet roped window out the back. Sneak to the front to find 12 zombies. Kill them fix up my bat with the last 5 nails. and decide to clear out the whole neighborhood. 41 kills later im weaponless used everything i had including the left over fork. Ran off what was left following me and went home. Closed the game to report my findings.

Total kills 175

my starting house is located here. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4040497435615841,0.2337547371568502,492.2235242952022

like 20 secs from Cortmans. Don't get me wrong im a vet i can take it. But i think things might need to be looked at 175 kills in the first 2 and a half days is crazy. And its not like i went looking for trouble i was just clearing around my area and trying to loot.

Not only that. 

But to make it not a chore to search everywhere to find the parts to fix a generator.

Better yet, add in the ability to dismantle lamps and televisions and ovens and wall clocks.

That will make it less of a chore. all of those things have circuit boards. Add in computers, just make them do nothing for a while, but when disassembled, give you 30 scrap electronics (there's alot of shit in a pc)

This is all because electronic scraps are hard to come by when they should be dirt cheap, offices should be loaded with pcs and calculators and phones and printers and shit.

This is the silicon age.

Silicon chips and wires and circuts are some of the highly common things everywhere.

Part of it is done for balance reasons though, as every house should have a ton of food in it as well. Also, while this is the silicon age, it doesn't necessarily mean project zombiod is in that time period.

Not only that. 

This is the silicon age.

Part of it is done for balance reasons though, as every house should have a ton of food in it as well. Also, while this is

the silicon age, it doesn't necessarily mean project zombiod is in that time period.

The fact that the earliest starting year is 2012, no. 

It's in modern times.

Handheld video games places it no earlier then the early 80's.

Home pcs were already all over the place by then.

They were just shitty and ran on DOS, Macintosh and Windows 1.0

Not only that. 

This is the silicon age.

Part of it is done for balance reasons though, as every house should have a ton of food in it as well. Also, while this is

the silicon age, it doesn't necessarily mean project zombiod is in that time period.

It's in modern times.

Why would we want finding parts to fix it to not be a chore?? The game is supposed to be a challenge

Not only that. 

This is the silicon age.

It's in modern times.

Why would we want finding parts to fix it to not be a chore?? The game is supposed to be a challenge

Because if you wanna be realistic, they are literally everywhere and nobody is gonna take em but you because they are useless to them.

Not only that. 

This is the silicon age.

PZ is confirmed as NOT present day, with multiple references from the devs and in game.

Honestly, from your feedback it appears what you want from PZ is something entirely different from what the devs and majority of the player base want. PZ is meant to be hard, every day is meant to be a struggle, and items are meant to be hard to find. Things like generators and farms are late game goals and SHOULD take time to get. If PZ gave you everything the day you started, there wouldn't be much of a game left. You're meant to progress, not run around with grenade launchers mounted on bulldozers plowing zombies. And if you like that kind of game, that's fine, but you should stop assuming that's the game that PZ is.

If you want to leave feedback like "this build is a bit too hard from me" or "I'm having a hard time with the amount of zombies" or "I think it would be nice to have higher electronics spawns" that's fine. But you need to stop giving the devs orders about what they must change, how things "should" be, etc.That's not your call to make. Consider this a friendly warning, change your tone.

Edit: And again, to be clear to everyone, feedback is important to the dev team and no one is trying to shout anyone down from giving feedback. It's just important to keep in mind the goals of the dev team and the tone of your feedback when giving it.

The zombies are kind of numerous, but it's not a hard thing to deal with if you're slow and cautious. That said, I can see how the numbers would be jarring to people who don't have 100+ hours on the game or are used to a more "run-and-gun" style of play that was possible with lower zombie numbers.

I tried the sandbox following devs advice !

- First try, west point, low number of Z, loot: normal, the rest without change: i ran though the entire city and saw less than 30 zombies. It is almost a bug no ?

- Since there was no interest, Second try: west point, normal number of Z, food rare, the rest normal, start pack, no change to Z settings.

I spawned in a small white house north of the city center. No horde outside the house but Z a bit everywhere. I was not feeling safe so i went to the river, and to the west till i reached the boat house on the river. I settled in one of the nearest 2 floors house next to it. 

A few Z quickly killed, no problem to loot 5 or 6 houses around, but some directions were blocked by groups of Z. 

Anyway I had food, water, most of books, a few tools, a bat, but didnt find any recipe book yet.

I continued visiting houses, and got one with a an alarm. I ran back to my safehouse and the following day i went to see if any Z were attracted. A few... maybe lets say... 500 ?

I went straight back to home, made a stone axe, cut trees and barricaded the windows.

then i tried to go to the school near my safehouse, which was left by the hordes attracted by the alarm, and found it all empty, when suddenly i saw a horde by the window. Thek broke through, I escaped by another window in emergency, right in the middle of a 200 zombies horde... panic on board, I escaped them by running to find even more of them coming from everywhere !

After a big Run to my safehouse, which is just one street away,I crafted a campfire, went back next to the school where Z splitted into several smaller groups, started the fire and attracted the zombies with the cure (Q) . So far i managed to burn 100 of them, 2 houses and a forest. And Im not done yet !

Next step: go looting a bit more, and start another fire if needed to progress on the map. Now several weeks and not ready to be dead yet !

For sure, I had to change my way of playing the game, much more sneaking, i now look by the windows before going out and begin to be paranoiac... plus Z behaviour is much better/difficult : these are good points.

Only regret: burnt zombies are not counted in kills !

So, from my hour of playthrough in survival :

Spawn in my house to be immediately greeted by a dead woman knocking her head on the window. "Not a big deal" I thought and looked through cupboards for anything that resembles a weapon. Found a kitchen knife, decided to let her in to have a "talk". After opening the window, she bailed in, along with 4 more of her friends who seemed to have been behind her the whole time. Shit. I don't panic and quickly blast my way out of the house, through the front door. I lead the majority out, close the door, circle around to open window and climb in to kill the rest. Easy.

My trip started across the neighboring houses. They were all 1 story, boring cottages that you would expect a low-class citizens to use. After about 3 houses past, I decide to take care of a couple of stragglers that were hanging around it to make sure they don't decide to break in and say hi while I'm sleeping. This is where I found the "no stabbing" bug and got scratched in my face ,but I held my ground and kept stabbing until they were all dead. Phew.

Sneaking my way back in, I make sure to cover all of the windows with sheets and close the view. Sate my hunger and crash asleep with a dead friend on the floor keeping my company.

Closer to the morning my guy started feeling queasy, but knowing that I chose hypochondriac trait, I didn't panic much. The choice was to either go out and continue looting or stay inside and wait out the sickness. I chose the latter, because going out to loot while vomiting all over the place is as good as shooting yourself in the foot. Living off a chocolate and my poor cooking skills, I lived a few days inside the house. Gunshots happened during the night, while I was sleeping, but I seemed to be in an area where zombies didn't decide to just crash into my house. However, they seemed to take a particular interest in crashing the fuck out of Cortman Medical. Wait, CORTMAN MEDICAL? I WAS THIS CLOSE?

After sleeping through sickness for several days (I wasn't infected, yay!) I decided to haul my ass over to Cortman house and make my base there. A group of zombies within a close space felt scary to deal with, but I manage it without a single scratch. All the pills and treating to infected wounds aside, I went upstairs and left all of my essentials there. Went to sleep, because the next day I wanted to loot the store to the north.

Woke up the next day, went to loot the store. As I was approaching it I took notice of a huge as fuck horde clumping up behind the big walls, thank god for these, and I just walked by. Sneaking was really helpful, even when I had a clumsy trait. A successful loot after, I came home with bags full of edibles. Yumm!

The next day I heard a gunshot, so I rushed downstairs to open all curtains so I could see where they are going to approach. Apparently, they were going from up, north-eastern direction, and there was a small house that blocked the potential hordes from directly crashing into my house. Phew. I also witnessed straggler after straggler out through an open window, walking by. Goosebumps.

Then the helicopters came, but I just went to sleep and slept through their "invasion" of my airspace. They fucked off as quickly as they showed up, and after a few inspections, they didn't seem to bring many zombies to me. Yay!

I kinda ended my playthrough after this but I gotta say that if you stay sneaky and plan your actions ahead, it's pretty easy to get going initially within your first days. Make a plan, follow it, and after completing it - pursue the next goal. Always stay quiet, no matter where you are, ALWAYS expect 2+ zombies behind a door that you haven't visited yet, and you should be fine from a premature death. To anyone complaining that zombies are too hard! :)

Also, zombies, man. The way they now clump together and follow the gunshots in the distance - never gets old. One of the best updates as of yet.

So, from my hour of playthrough in survival :

Spawn in my house to be immediately greeted by a dead woman knocking her head on the window. "Not a big deal" I thought and looked through cupboards for anything that resembles a weapon. Found a kitchen knife, decided to let her in to have a "talk". After opening the window, she bailed in, along with 4 more of her friends who seemed to have been behind her the whole time. Shit. I don't panic and quickly blast my way out of the house, through the front door. I lead the majority out, close the door, circle around to open window and climb in to kill the rest. Easy.

My trip started across the neighboring houses. They were all 1 story, boring cottages that you would expect a low-class citizens to use. After about 3 houses past, I decide to take care of a couple of stragglers that were hanging around it to make sure they don't decide to break in and say hi while I'm sleeping. This is where I found the "no stabbing" bug and got scratched in my face ,but I held my ground and kept stabbing until they were all dead. Phew.

Sneaking my way back in, I make sure to cover all of the windows with sheets and close the view. Sate my hunger and crash asleep with a dead friend on the floor keeping my company.

Closer to the morning my guy started feeling queasy, but knowing that I chose hypochondriac trait, I didn't panic much. The choice was to either go out and continue looting or stay inside and wait out the sickness. I chose the latter, because going out to loot while vomiting all over the place is as good as shooting yourself in the foot. Living off a chocolate and my poor cooking skills, I lived a few days inside the house. Gunshots happened during the night, while I was sleeping, but I seemed to be in an area where zombies didn't decide to just crash into my house. However, they seemed to take a particular interest in crashing the fuck out of Cortman Medical. Wait, CORTMAN MEDICAL? I WAS THIS CLOSE?

After sleeping through sickness for several days (I wasn't infected, yay!) I decided to haul my ass over to Cortman house and make my base there. A group of zombies within a close space felt scary to deal with, but I manage it without a single scratch. All the pills and treating to infected wounds aside, I went upstairs and left all of my essentials there. Went to sleep, because the next day I wanted to loot the store to the north.

Woke up the next day, went to loot the store. As I was approaching it I took notice of a huge as fuck horde clumping up behind the big walls, thank god for these, and I just walked by. Sneaking was really helpful, even when I had a clumsy trait. A successful loot after, I came home with bags full of edibles. Yumm!

The next day I heard a gunshot, so I rushed downstairs to open all curtains so I could see where they are going to approach. Apparently, they were going from up, north-eastern direction, and there was a small house that blocked the potential hordes from directly crashing into my house. Phew. I also witnessed straggler after straggler out through an open window, walking by. Goosebumps.

Then the helicopters came, but I just went to sleep and slept through their "invasion" of my airspace. They fucked off as quickly as they showed up, and after a few inspections, they didn't seem to bring many zombies to me. Yay!

I kinda ended my playthrough after this but I gotta say that if you stay sneaky and plan your actions ahead, it's pretty easy to get going initially within your first days. Make a plan, follow it, and after completing it - pursue the next goal. Always stay quiet, no matter where you are, ALWAYS expect 2+ zombies behind a door that you haven't visited yet, and you should be fine from a premature death. To anyone complaining that zombies are too hard! :)

Also, zombies, man. The way they now clump together and follow the gunshots in the distance - never gets old. One of the best updates as of yet.

Since they hear so well i think i should be able to pick up rocks pretty much everywhere and throw them as distractions. 

Like chuck one at a window so the noise draws the dead from right up on my buttocks.

I have 50 hours on PZ. My record time was 3-5 days now I have difficulty surviving one day xD I love these new zombies! Keep up the good work  (fedora)

Anyone else getting the zombies grouping in circular formations instead of more spread out?

Here is a photo for those of you guys wondering what I'm talking about http://imgur.com/rDKMy7Q