RELEASED Build 32

EasyPickins

Liking this new build a lot, shed loot seems more reasonable (although It may be simple RNG luck).

20 Sheds yielded (with lucky trait)

4 generators

2 manuals

2 electronics magazines

8 gas cans

7 empty gas cans

So at least the generator to manual ratio is a bit closer (unless I was on the extreme side of RNG, I'll do another test loot run in a bit to see if manuals are more findable compared to last patch).

Good changes, thx RJ :D

Edit: Did a 2nd test run, took me 25 sheds to find 1 generator but I found 7 Manuals lol :S RNG being RNG, but at least it seems better than the previous patch.

Ok, I know it an alpha beta or what ever but I play games to have fun and not to get frustrated... What happend I tried a few times sandbox first on normal zombiecount and was killed nearly instant just right out of the starter house, then tried it with few zombiecount nearly the same in my second try again instant killed. I understand that you want to make the game harder and challenging but as of now  I think of quiting the game and use my time for more usefull things. When around every house are 3 to 8 zombies (and more are comming if you try to kill them) where is the fun where is the "fairness"  ?

Ok, I know it an alpha beta or what ever but I play games to have fun and not to get frustrated... What happend I tried a few times sandbox first on normal zombiecount and was killed nearly instant just right out of the starter house, then tried it with few zombiecount nearly the same in my second try again instant killed. I understand that you want to make the game harder and challenging but as of now I think of quiting the game and use my time for more usefull things. When around every house are 3 to 8 zombies (and more are comming if you try to kill them) where is the fun where is the "fairness" ?

If you're not comfortable with testin early, potentially buggy, and imbalanced builds then you should not be playing on the IWBUMS branch. The terms for playing on it were explicitly laid out, and if your main interest is having balanced and bug free fun you should not be playing here.

We appreciate your feedback, but judging by your response I think it would be best if you removed yourself from IWBUMS. Thanks.

Ok, I know it an alpha beta or what ever but I play games to have fun and not to get frustrated... What happend I tried a few times sandbox first on normal zombiecount and was killed nearly instant just right out of the starter house, then tried it with few zombiecount nearly the same in my second try again instant killed. I understand that you want to make the game harder and challenging but as of now  I think of quiting the game and use my time for more usefull things. When around every house are 3 to 8 zombies (and more are comming if you try to kill them) where is the fun where is the "fairness"  ?

The fun is within the challenge of trying to survive. To try and "beat" the premise of "This is how you died", to prove the developers wrong, within learning new ways of surviving and having fun while doing so.

If the zombie numbers seem overwhelming, I might suggest toning down zombie's strength and/or toughness in sandbox settings along with zombie respawn (You can turn it off entirely if you so desire, and zombies will never repopulate). You can also try the "Beginner" mode. Survival (and anything within a close range of that mode) was always meant to be difficult and rewarding, at least in my opinion.

hi,

just tested survival mode in 32.1, indeed so many zombies out there ! Very challenging but can be good fun !

What happened to the windows : 75% of them cant be opened whereas it was the contrary before... that's mean ;)

edit: finally a bit too many Z, I think something in between build 31 et 32 woud be perfect. Also, they seem too difficult to push back when close to the player.

Dear Mr Rathlord,

please don´t tell me what to do and what don´t to do, I read the IWBUMS terms and I know that the game is in an early stage - specialy in the IWBUMS. Maybe I overreacted a little bit but to suggest to "removed yourself from IWBUMS. Thanks." sounds a little bit ...

In other post people wrote the same experiance on the increased zombie numbers. But enough on that.

@leolvanov I tried your tip on the beginner-mode works ok, seems to be the old "few" zombie mode from sandbox...

What happend I tried a few times sandbox first on normal zombiecount and was killed nearly instant just right out of the starter house, then tried it with few zombiecount nearly the same in my second try again instant killed.When around every house are 3 to 8 zombies (and more are comming if you try to kill them).

This is music to my ears, now i am playing survival and i love how you need to actually sneak and think a way to approach the house next door, they are doing a good job at ramping the difficulty, i am in love with the game again.

Also if more are coming when you try to kill them....maybe don't kill them at all? Learn from beginner mode and then you can try to play Survival.

Also loving the flavor items (mop, toilet paper), it really adds to the game to find stuff like that.

Where are the new animations that we heard so much about in the last few mondoids..?

Not in this build would be a good guess. :P

They weren't teased as being part of this build, either.

We didn't make that absolutely clear every single time, though. Sorry for the confusion

Where are the new animations that we heard so much about in the last few mondoids..?

Not in this build would be a good guess. :P

They weren't teased as being part of this build, either.

We didn't make that absolutely clear every single time, though. Sorry for the confusion

Thanks for the information.

Just wanted to clarify something, if possible:

MY understanding is that, in previous builds, the zombie numbers were very large but essentially finite. Am I right in thinking that this is no longer the case - they will always respawn back up towards their starting numbers? I would personally favour zombies spawning but remaining finite - i.e. a depopulated area respawns but at the expense of zombie numbers in the rest of the map. Not 100% sure how this would work though, or if it would actually make much difference (except for in very long games) but I do feel a little like clearing an area is sort of pointless now, particularly with a respawn rate of 10% a day (the numbers I've seen suggest that this means you could have 90 new zombies respawning a day in some areas!).

Whinge aside I love the new spawning mechanic, it's made the game way more fun and challenging (and/or borderline impossible!).

I'm still wondering if opening hours works as intended or is bugged, it starts with the message of opening at 9, then the zombies stream to the gate, then a couple of em stream through the closed gate on the right side and shortly after the gates open and everyone streams in.

I was under the impression you would have some time to prepare? can anyone confirm if it works correctly?

One more big thanks to the Indie Stone team! I have been following and playing this game for years now. Thank you for constantly reinventing the experience of playing, holding yourselves to a high standard and working to make this one of the best games I have ever played, easily the best deal I have gotten on a game. And thank you for not yet selling us a sequel, despite having expanded the game enough to qualify.

Full of satisfaction and gratitude. Thank you Indie Stone.

Games aren't designed to be fair always. Plus there is a new zombie spawn system so there is bound to be kinks.

Yeah, good job done. Thanks to the devs!

There are a lot of nice new things, and a lot of things I didn't have a look on yet.

The tutorial should be translated soon, because it is a bit strange to read the original text and have a look on the translated rest of the game. But I am sure, that the translations will arrive soon.

I just have one negative aspect of the new build:

Because of some changes in the code, my mod is not working any more and we have to deinstall it on the server.

Not the big deal, but it would be nice to know not only the new things, but also the changed/removed functions.

Perhaps this could be a (spoilered) part in the future changelists?

Well i started a new survival and oh god it was a good challenge. I wont complain it was hard and nice but i would call myself  a pro player with over 270h played. I can imagine that new players might be pushed away by that dificulty but ther is beginner mode for them.

My only complain is ( not only build 32 related) thers a lack of advanced tutorial for recipes etc. I played a bit on sandbox to check new stuff without zeds and i only discovered molotov and areosol bomb. I did read all manuals and books yet i was not able to build that stuff like timers / smoke bombs. The game have toons of junk items and figuring out which items are used for certain recipes is just nightmare even for me and i follow this forum / steam / reddid and devs twitters like every day. Some UI tab for known recipes or books / notes with them would be great.

Well i started a new survival and oh god it was a good challenge. I wont complain it was hard and nice but i would call myself  a pro player with over 270h played. I can imagine that new players might be pushed away by that dificulty but ther is beginner mode for them.

My only complain is ( not only build 32 related) thers a lack of advanced tutorial for recipes etc. I played a bit on sandbox to check new stuff without zeds and i only discovered molotov and areosol bomb. I did read all manuals and books yet i was not able to build that stuff like timers / smoke bombs. The game have toons of junk items and figuring out which items are used for certain recipes is just nightmare even for me and i follow this forum / steam / reddid and devs twitters like every day. Some UI tab for known recipes or books / notes with them would be great.

I don't mind survival being hard as hell, it's intended to be that way, but when sandbox normal spawn mode is this hard, then that is clearly inbalanced. Beginner mode should be to learn the ropes before you can face harder modes, and survival should be for the people who want the hardcore experience, atleast that is what i understood how it is meant to be. Telling everyone who doesn't want the hardcore mode to go play beginner isn't helping.

I don't mind survival being hard as hell, it's intended to be that way, but when sandbox normal spawn mode is this hard, then that is clearly inbalanced. Beginner mode should be to learn the ropes before you can face harder modes, and survival should be for the people who want the hardcore experience, atleast that is what i understood how it is meant to be. Telling everyone who doesn't want the hardcore mode to go play beginner isn't helping.
But normal is the survival mode setting?

The new Mall Challenge was way too laggy. Even on a powerful computer like mine. ( GTX 980, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 6core 3.5Ghz etc )

That's one of the biggest problem with that challenge, lagging like hell.
Must be because there is so damn much zombies spawned! Maybe tone it down a bit?

Also it's weird you spawn 20 minutes before the doors open, you have no time to gather stuff and prepare. Would be nice if this was changed!

Maybe spawn at 6AM so you have atleast 3 hours until doors opens at 9AM!

Would be nice if you added a gunshop in the mall for this challenge, would certainly increase the fun factor! But the lagg is the worst, totally unplayable :(