Easter Eggs!

LeoIvanov

What is a god to a nonbeliever? kidding

All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine.

-Socrates

We're still derailing, right?

If only I could read your chats then I could understand some more :P

I've never actually met a person with good enough vocabulary to impress me. 

Mediocre at best, indeed.

How to keep alive a good suggestion :

1. Think really hard on it, how it benefits PZ, if it was discussed/suggested before.

2. Plan out the way you want to present it - make sure it's as detailed as possible, yet not as much text so person doesn't get boring while reading it.

3. Reply to each criticism whether if you feel it's good or has flaws.

4. Make sure to..

1.Get Rathlord, Enigma and Nasko to participate

2.Go way the hell off topic

3. ???

4. Profit.

I think there's certainly room in PZ for humor, but I'm not sure referencing outside sources is the way to do it. The penultimate struggle of horror games, and survival horror in particular is to never break immersion. By calling humor from other games, movies, etc. you remind the player that they are indeed playing a game, which directly detracts from immersion.

I'm not saying it couldn't be clever or funny , but I don't think this game is the right game for that flavor of humor.

I agree.

Such things could work in a "story" (e.g. Till Death Do Us Part), either official or a user-created one, just fine, but I don't think they'd work well with the tone of the default "sandbox" game of grim survival. A bunch of dated internet jokes would kill that for me.

A selectable "story" where the goal is to go out into the woods and find a guy dressed as Slenderman because he thinks it might scare the zombies away? Or one where you find an old bearded survivor in a cabin, insane with grief because he had to kill and eat the young girl he'd been travelling with to not starve? Or one featuring an NPC you encounter who's too busy photographing zombies in their underwear to notice them surrounding them ("Fantastic!")? That would be a lot of fun for a change and pretty damn funny. But having those things crop up in the basic, sandbox game at random would ruin the mood for me.

Of course, it could be done like New Vegas' Wild Wasteland, which solved the dilemma I had with liking Fallout 2's crazy stuff yet wishing it didn't kill the game's atmosphere so badly!