Bee keeping.

Lilli

i leave for a few days and was going to post the same thing. Guess great mind think alike. Anyway i feel that most of the thing needed wouldn't be found as easily as this so you would need to craft them and even now it takes a pretty high skill to do that. I want to like the idea but i feel it would be so late game it would be annoying. Still i love the idea. Plus i would love to see trees with hives so when you take them out bees attack! plus i am all for the bee bomb. Just hope they are alive when you throw it.

I like this idea just one thing:

Please, please don't make it a carpentry skill. Carpentry is horribly overpowered as it is, to the point that any serious, long term survival will often depend on you spending many dull days grinding just to get the skill up to the necessary level to build goddamn rain barrels. I'd much prefer this to be a mid-high level farming skill instead (though we're also kind of over-reliant on farming. I'm trying to survive as a fisherman at the moment, just to get away from the grind of carpentry and farming!)

if you watch the original night of the living dead. there are 2 things that save you from a zombie attack. carpentry and a basement. 

on a more on topic note you actually can't "build" frames. they have a thin coating of special paper the bees use to build on. also that's why in my long post i stated things should be find-able. also with build 32 having "educational mags", you could learn it from that

if you watch the original night of the living dead. there are 2 things that save you from a zombie attack. carpentry and a basement. 

*Night of the Living Dead Spoiler Warning*

If you watch the original night of the living dead, there are no things that save you from a zombie attack. 

on a more on topic note you actually can't "build" frames. they have a thin coating of special paper the bees use to build on. also that's why in my long post i stated things should be find-able. also with build 32 having "educational mags", you could learn it from that

They don't need wax or plastic foundations to build them, you know.  Some beekeepers prefer it, that's all.  But to keep it simple, in game, that could work. 

They don't need wax or plastic foundations to build them, you know.  Some beekeepers prefer it, that's all.  But to keep it simple, in game, that could work. 

but it increases effectiveness and efficiency as i was informed by the wonderful internet.

yes it does but i think using frames should just give you honey and not the actual comb just because...gameplay

?_?

But the comb is quite useful as well. Empty of honey and you've got beeswax that can be used to make candles and seal jars.

yes it does but i think using frames should just give you honey and not the actual comb just because...gameplay

?_?

But the comb is quite useful as well. Empty of honey and you've got beeswax that can be used to make candles and seal jars.

plus you can heat it up and play with it as it cools. did anyone else do that or was it just me?

·         Bee frames –bees build faster but produce only honey (can’t be crafted)

·         Bee Bars – bees need time to build the comb but produce honey comb instead of pure honey (bars can be crafted or found)

i mentioned this in my large post. frames and bars are different. frames should only produce honey but at a faster rate where as bars produce honey combe whic can be seperated into wax and honey if the player chooses