Adding custom models

Fuji

weapons_cube.txt

So I noticed this model floating around and I was wondering if it has a texture assigned to it, or if its even referenced in the code at all.

It seems to be just a cube as the name implies, so its doubtlessly not used in-game, and could potentially be overridden without consequence.

Edit:

Upon decompiling the model classes, it appears it is, infact, not defined. However, the cleanliness of the decompiled code may permit decompiling/recompiling, as long as I'm not crossing ToS bounds at all.

Edit #2:

YES! It totally worked. I proudly present to you: the badly textured cube, a new weapon model! It's not a reskin of that boring weapons_cube.txt, it's not a reskin of the baseball bat, its not a reskin of anything. A 100% genuine new weapon model.

http://imgur.com/MDmxLvF

It turns out the process for adding new models is relatively simple for weapons. Next, clothes! Maybe even backpacks...

Edit #3:

Guns work.

post-22575-0-20408000-1432207998_thumb.p

It works flawlessly (so far) but requires

java class files be edited through decompiling or bytecode manipulation as I did. While not difficult or time consuming, it does mean that two mods both adding new models would be incompatable.

And yep, you got it right. As many new weapon models as you feel like making. I haven't tried toying with clothing models yet, though, the code gets a bit spaghetti around there.

So by incompatible do you mean would it crash or would the models be messed up? also if you haven't already can you try making 2 mods that add custom models and screenshot what happenes?\

Also P.S this is a major discovery

Also P.S P.S you should post this in the General Discussion Tab Cause of How Major this is and not to many people look at the help section.

Nothing bad will happen, the class files from each would overwrite eachother and only the last installed would load.

Edit:

I'll probably throw up a guide on how to do it later today over in the resources section. On that note, however, if a player wants to use two conflicting mods, they could very well just follow said guide and copy-paste the relevant parts from each.

It would appear that adding clothing models REQUIRES a full 2d sprite set in accompaniment if I'm understanding the code right. :/

So I guess that's out of the question for now.