Empty Buildings / Shelves

Xeonyx

So in general, I really need to know how to set rooms, or specific shelves, cupboards, etc, to be empty; say for example, a grocery store that's been closed down, but still has the shelves inside (you might know the store I'm talking about from my New Denver map).  Is there a way to do that? and if so, how?

nay, they'd still generate items even with an unused roomdef, kind of like if you put a dresser in a mechanic shop, the dresser would still spawn clothing and that like.  I saw a post on how the roomdef, "furniturestore" has no lootable items, but any shelves, or cupboards that can contain items would have crap still in them

You could maybe use OnFillContainer and empty out containers in that custom roomdef but that might not be a good solution.

I see now that RingoD said:

The "All" definition is used whenever the game comes across any container that is either not in a defined room or in an unrecognised defined room.

So I assume you'd make a 'new' roomdef and then add that roomdef to suburbsdistribution.lua for 'all' containers with an empty table?

media/lua/server/Items/SuburbsDistributions.lua says

-- used to not spawn items inside item container (bags) in this roomNoContainerFillRooms = { laundry = {}, mechanic = {}, clothesstore = {} };

but that looks like it's only to not spawn items inside spawned bags in containers.

So what you really want is an entry added (hopefully by default, feature request!) that's like:

EmptyRoom = { all = { roles = 0, items = {} } },

There's an 'empty' def that's not quite empty but close enough maybe?

empty = {    all ={        rolls = 1,        items = {            "Base.Sheet", 0.5,            "Base.Magazine", 0.3,            "Base.Newspaper", 0.3,            "Base.Pencil", 0.3,            "Base.Pen", 0.3,        },    },},